ELLZyeahh

Omega Speedmaster

ELLZyeahh

Hello!

I am new here I have done a little digging but haven't found much. A few years ago I saw a picture of an omega speedmaster moonwatch coaxial with black face and fell in love. While saving up for the real thing i decided to check out some of the replicas. 

This was the absolute best i could find but it bothers me that for 400 the hour marks on the face are still fairly incorrect. The date window doesn't really bother me its just that the 3 and 9 o clock hour markers are too short and 6 o'clock is too long. 

here is what i have been a/b ing 

Does anyone know any reps as well as if there is a better copy out there? I may settle for a professional as the copy is that much closer to the original.

https://www.prestigetime.com/item/Omega/Speedmaster-Moonwatch-Co-Axial-Chronograph/311.30.44.51.01.002.html?gclid=CjwKCAiAj53SBRBcEiwAT-3A2DJJApO1jq3gI5tQc7e-g7kH1WNZ-jeGzzO6Ctcv-uR_42zVZqQwdRoCnkIQAvD_BwE#&gid=null&pid=1

https://ts-watches.co/goods.php?ProId=16736

OneTwoMany

All the speedy reps currently have pretty big issues. To my knowledge there has never been A NWBIG rep. 

From the limited research I've done past that point... either the sub dial spacing is very wrong or its correct and the watch is quartz.

Why there is no super rep of quite possibly one of the most popular watches ever released blows my mind. They would sell like hot cakes! But I'm sure the big factories are on it?

I'm kinda glad also. Makes me want a gen more! 

Edited by OneTwoMany
Grammar

solitudex
All the speedy reps currently have pretty big issues. To my knowledge there has never been A NWBIG rep. 
From the limited research I've done past that point... either the sub dial spacing is very wrong or its correct and the watch is quartz.
Why there is no super rep of quite possibly one of the most popular watches ever released blows my mind. They would sell like hot cakes! But I'm sure the big factories are on it?

I’ve been at it feverishly for the last couple of days too, and the main issue is that the stock A7750 movements don’t allow for closer sub-dial spacings. Same issue for the Breitling Navitimer 01.

While those can be big tells for those who have researched quite a bit into these models, I’m sure one can still pull it off without anyone around you noticing that it’s a rep.

chefzorba

Agreed with the above comments and I’ll add my 2 cents..

There are only 2 sets of people who are going to ever question this watch as being a rep or gen...gen owners who are watch nuts...and us watch nuts lol.  So basically, if you hand it over to a watch nut who is familiar at all with speedys, they “should” be able to tell with the spacing alone.  Then again, how much of a watch nut is your average watch nut?  

As long as YOU think it’s a nice looking watch and would be happy to wear it then pull the trigger and purchase it.  If you love it then you may be inclined to go ahead and buy the gen or maybe you don’t like it all and end up going m2m with it. 

Rambo73
On 30/12/2017 at 04:05, OneTwoMany said:

Im back after all theses years only for a super clone of this exact model , Ive sold all my watches collection , only keep two and this one will be my 3rd and LAST one until i die , its my 50 year old gift too me , I have couples of years ahead before hitting it , will be fun to contact & challenge major factories to see if its possible to finally have it in the 2-3-4 years to come

Rambo73
On 30/12/2017 at 04:19, solitudex said:

I’ve been at it feverishly for the last couple of days too, and the main issue is that the stock A7750 movements don’t allow for closer sub-dial spacings. Same issue for the Breitling Navitimer 01.

While those can be big tells for those who have researched quite a bit into these models, I’m sure one can still pull it off without anyone around you noticing that it’s a rep.

" the main issue is that the stock A7750 movements don’t allow for closer sub-dial spacings " True , nothing changed since all theses years , so I will stick with my Holy Grail Ploprof 1200 with ESA movt ;) 

Happy New Year 2018 !

FrankPowers

Don't bother with the Speedy's and Aqua Terra's. Perhaps take a look at the Omega's that are NWBIG, they're Seamaster Liquid Metal Noob V4 (pretty flawless), and the Seamaster 300 Spectre V6F (if you can find one).

OneTwoMany
5 hours ago, FrankPowers said:

Don't bother with the Speedy's and Aqua Terra's. Perhaps take a look at the Omega's that are NWBIG, they're Seamaster Liquid Metal Noob V4 (pretty flawless), and the Seamaster 300 Spectre V6F (if you can find one).

I had a V6F Aqua Terra (Miyota) and thought it was an amazing rep. I held it with a gen and could only tell by the jewel layout through the display case back.

That's my eyes though. I'm sure the more knowledgeable amongst us could have spotted more.