FrankPowers

Help with building a collection

GC
1 hour ago, FrankPowers said:

You guys are right!

The Noob Daytona with 1:1 4130 movement, case thickness, and 904L is coming out after Chinese New Year (CNY).  http://watchbus.net/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=4278&extra=page%3D1

The Noob Sub with 904L is coming out after CNY. http://watchbus.net/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=4334&extra=page%3D1

Both watches with 316L will come out first before CNY.

I clicked on one of those links and google translated it... 

version

I AM what garbage P .. Do not see my information and ran to your own group said N plant people told you earlier ... you are talking about what N plant who said

Face that I am not Austrian .. I hope you do not hold my information to install B and ask you to go online and ask how much a cost. How much to sell. How much do you ... you go online but I would not be I find out which one .. or I will guarantee that I will bring a bunch of people to ask him.Do you do this right?

Stay tuned

I'd very much awaited the following how to write the ads of these sellers ... haha ... the only history in the world? Set the essence of thousands of years .... ha ha ha .... with a different factory. Than the real thing also cattle ..... clearly that the consumer is frozen idiot and ATM

There XT last year you are not in the foreign forum known as Noob to take back your first under the leadership of it .... How do you see every day you sell AR and VR .. But do not worry .. can see a few days later You brag in a foreign country B. I give you a good .. that with our Taiwan face the same vote .. At best, is to deceive those little white buyers fooling abroad

thank you all

Sofa tianshou
2 hours ago
Waiting for a long time .. Next wave NN new sea

Google › translate › ...

FrankPowers
27 minutes ago, GC said:

I clicked on one of those links and google translated it... 

version

I AM what garbage P .. Do not see my information and ran to your own group said N plant people told you earlier ... you are talking about what N plant who said

Face that I am not Austrian .. I hope you do not hold my information to install B and ask you to go online and ask how much a cost. How much to sell. How much do you ... you go online but I would not be I find out which one .. or I will guarantee that I will bring a bunch of people to ask him.Do you do this right?

Stay tuned

I'd very much awaited the following how to write the ads of these sellers ... haha ... the only history in the world? Set the essence of thousands of years .... ha ha ha .... with a different factory. Than the real thing also cattle ..... clearly that the consumer is frozen idiot and ATM

There XT last year you are not in the foreign forum known as Noob to take back your first under the leadership of it .... How do you see every day you sell AR and VR .. But do not worry .. can see a few days later You brag in a foreign country B. I give you a good .. that with our Taiwan face the same vote .. At best, is to deceive those little white buyers fooling abroad

thank you all

Sofa tianshou
2 hours ago
Waiting for a long time .. Next wave NN new sea

Google › translate › ...

I can read a bit of Chinese and everything in the link is written in slang. Pretty much the link you clicked, is from the moderator of that forum who was asked out by someone from Noob factory for dinner. The mod said pretty much he can sense the urgency from Noob factory, and Noob is working on releasing new versions of the Sub and Daytona in all 904L case and band. The timeline I mentioned above.

drifterr
I can read a bit of Chinese and everything in the link is written in slang. Pretty much the link you clicked, is from the moderator of that forum who was asked out by someone from Noob factory for dinner. The mod said pretty much he can sense the urgency from Noob factory, and Noob is working on releasing new versions of the Sub and Daytona in all 904L case and band. The timeline I mentioned above.
I hope they add. I am going to hold off for the hulk V8

C'mon NOob

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

FrankPowers
11 minutes ago, drifterr said:

I hope they add. I am going to hold off for the hulk V8

C'mon NOob

The mod says Noob is building the Submariner V8 series right now. What "series" means, hopefully it is the ceramic black and hulk.

Edited by FrankPowers

Hinclimincli

I'm surprised no one mentioned the Datejust 36mm with oyster bracelet. It's sporty and classy, works on formal and casual attire and ARF has a superb version that can accept genuine dial in case you want to go serious.

FrankPowers
On 1/6/2018 at 06:57, deju said:

out of above I would air to 1 and 2.

On 1/9/2018 at 11:53, Hinclimincli said:

I'm surprised no one mentioned the Datejust 36mm with oyster bracelet. It's sporty and classy, works on formal and casual attire and ARF has a superb version that can accept genuine dial in case you want to go serious.

I have decided to purchase the Rolex Daytona Ceramic with white dial. I will wait for the Noob 904L version to see if it is better than the current ARF version. I am a sporty looking man and I work in finance, so I think the Daytona would suit me. I do agree that it is a flashy watch, but I do wear conservative clothes so perhaps it will give my outfit a bit of style.

For my second watch, I am still thinking on which to buy out of these two:

I saw a modified Datejust 36mm ARF on an oyster bracelet and I must say it is jaw dropping beautiful and classy. This would be an ideal dress watch in white or silver.  I am a 200 lbs man so I will see how this 36mm watch looks on my wrist at the AD. My only concern is, would I have to get the gen dial, hands, and date wheel? Are the flaws on the ARF version noticeable? 

Honestly I like the Submariner Ceramic the most. I tried it at the AD and it looked great on me. However deju is right. Everyone buys a Submariner, including the waiter and the intern who just got his first paycheck. I will wait for the Noob V8 version with 904L. Presently in my career, I am looking to  switch from finance to go work in management at a construction company. I will visit job sites likely wearing dress shirts and pants, and be dealing with trades people. Would this be the more ideal watch for that environment and culture?

Edited by FrankPowers

drifterr

5e45524edfce175ccdddf0c1c4a30289.jpg

BustaPart
3 minutes ago, drifterr said:

5e45524edfce175ccdddf0c1c4a30289.jpg

beauty!

deju
42 minutes ago, FrankPowers said:

I have decided to purchase the Rolex Daytona Ceramic with white dial. I will wait for the Noob 904L version to see if it is better than the current ARF version. I am a sporty looking man and I work in finance, so I think the Daytona would suit me. I do agree that it is a flashy watch, but I do wear conservative clothes so perhaps it will give my outfit a bit of style.

I saw a modified Datejust 36mm ARF on an oyster bracelet and I must say it is jaw dropping beautiful and classy. This would be an ideal dress watch in white or silver.  I am a 200 lbs man so I will see how this 36mm watch looks on my wrist at the AD. My only concern is, would I have to get the gen dial, hands, and date wheel? Are the flaws on the ARF version noticeable? 

Honestly I like the Submariner Ceramic the most. I tried it at the AD and it looked great on me. However deju is right. Everyone buys a Submariner, including the waiter and the intern who just got his first paycheck. I will wait for the Noob V8 version with 904L. Presently in my career, I am looking to  switch from finance to go work in management at a construction company. I will visit job sites likely wearing dress shirts and pants, and be dealing with trades people. Would this be the more ideal watch for that environment and culture?

Flaws are only noticeable to WIS.  but all flaws are noticeable by the right person. 

I wouldn't worry about culture,  builders will probably have as nice watches as finance guys. 

I would actually suggest this as a great watch Omega Seamaster Diver 300M, and actually it's a great priced gen too. 

Hinclimincli
1 hour ago, FrankPowers said:

If you are having the Daytona, I'd go for the Datejust as 2nd option. If you like the sporty+flashy look, though, why don't you go for an Audemars Piguet instead? If you have good wrists, go for a 15400 on gold and white dial, and keep a leather bracelet in the back bench just in case. Check Google images and you will see what I mean. This way you have the binomy sport-dress covered but easy to mix as both would be versatile.

My combination is actually Sub v6s Ceramic and BP v2 Datejust Silver dial with Oyster Bracelet, and covers all occasions. I recently added an AP 15202 and love it so much that I ended up ordering a PF Nautilus, to get a second tier of first class watches, though. Anyway, Sub/Daytona/GMT + Datejust/DayDate should cover all your needs, whether smart or sport.

FrankPowers
On 1/11/2018 at 05:12, deju said:

Flaws are only noticeable to WIS.  but all flaws are noticeable by the right person. 

I wouldn't worry about culture,  builders will probably have as nice watches as finance guys. 

I would actually suggest this as a great watch Omega Seamaster Diver 300M, and actually it's a great priced gen too. 

That's a good point about builders and their watches. I was thinking because of the brushed finishes and ceramic bezel, the Sub might be more durable in an on site environment. I told the company to teach me some trade skills too, because I might roll up my sleeves to do some work too. ;)

You have good taste. I am actually waiting for a similar watch, the Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre by V6F to come back in stock. I'm going to get the steel bracelet, and buy a gen nato strap. Only reason why I am not procuring one now, is that I find 14mm height watches a bit too thick to wear regularly under my dress shirts.

On 1/11/2018 at 05:50, Hinclimincli said:

If you are having the Daytona, I'd go for the Datejust as 2nd option. If you like the sporty+flashy look, though, why don't you go for an Audemars Piguet instead? If you have good wrists, go for a 15400 on gold and white dial, and keep a leather bracelet in the back bench just in case. Check Google images and you will see what I mean. This way you have the binomy sport-dress covered but easy to mix as both would be versatile.

My combination is actually Sub v6s Ceramic and BP v2 Datejust Silver dial with Oyster Bracelet, and covers all occasions. I recently added an AP 15202 and love it so much that I ended up ordering a PF Nautilus, to get a second tier of first class watches, though. Anyway, Sub/Daytona/GMT + Datejust/DayDate should cover all your needs, whether smart or sport.

You're right about Daytona and Datejust. I'll need to do more research on the ARF DJ, and hopefully when I try it at the AD the 36mm is not too small. 

I really want to like AP. In my opinion, the gen watch finishes and movements are superior to Rolex. The 15400 is just a touch too big for me, and the ROO Diver I don't think I could rarely wear. I am not a rap star so I don't think I could pull those two off with my wrists. However I do believe the 15202 would be perfect for me at 39mm. If JF can make a super rep or NWBIG in that I would most certainly buy it right away.

repIWCone

Quite a nice collection

rm65453
On 12/31/2017 at 04:59, lediable007 said:

Have you seen the SD43? Truly a work of art. One of the best ootb reps I've ever seen, tbh. KfZlk7c.jpg

e0Fqf4B.jpg

Where did you buy this from? I couldnt find the arf version on toro bravo's website.

markmarky
On 1/7/2018 at 01:03, FrankPowers said:

You guys are right!

The Noob Daytona with 1:1 4130 movement, case thickness, and 904L is coming out after Chinese New Year (CNY).  http://watchbus.net/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=4278&extra=page%3D1

The Noob Sub with 904L is coming out after CNY. http://watchbus.net/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=4334&extra=page%3D1

Both watches with 316L will come out first before CNY.

So, Noob Daytona or ARF Daytona? Which one will be the best?

FrankPowers
3 hours ago, markmarky said:

So, Noob Daytona or ARF Daytona? Which one will be the best?

That's what we're trying to figure out.  From what I am hearing about the Noob, the dial and bezel is a bit off. However they're still building it so anything can happen until it's released. 

jaredjjohnson10

That's the perfect everyday watch, mate. Tough, rugged, reliable, can be dressed up or down. Easily readable + triple date.
I had Mark XVI before, it was a pretty watch, but it lacked something. XVII has more presence on the wrist (in a good way), red triangle looks great in real life, spices the dial up a little bit.  Bracelet is a work of art. Not only it is the most comfy bracelet ever for me, it is also a pleasure to adjust. Btw, I have the same wrist size as you, and I can assure you that it looks really great.

QBTxIwuf2PU.jpgl25tbBnZGnQ.jpg

FrankPowers
On 1/21/2018 at 14:09, jaredjjohnson10 said:

That's the perfect everyday watch, mate. Tough, rugged, reliable, can be dressed up or down. Easily readable + triple date.
I had Mark XVI before, it was a pretty watch, but it lacked something. XVII has more presence on the wrist (in a good way), red triangle looks great in real life, spices the dial up a little bit.  Bracelet is a work of art. Not only it is the most comfy bracelet ever for me, it is also a pleasure to adjust. Btw, I have the same wrist size as you, and I can assure you that it looks really great.

QBTxIwuf2PU.jpgl25tbBnZGnQ.jpg

This looks great on you! I'm going to try  out at the AD the XVIII which has the same dimensions. Is this a MKF version, and is the quality of the XVI and XVII similar?

FrankPowers

Just a bit of an update:

I had an opportunity to purchase an used Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre V6F from 2016 (the one with the correct caseback font) for a fair price. It's being shipped to me, and I will be buying a gen Nato strap and possible a rep bracelet if I can source it.  I showed the pictures to my senior father -- who is a huge fan of James Bond since the Sean Connery days -- and he really likes it. I am going to try it on to see how it looks, and then I will be gifting it to him.

I'm going to go ahead with the ARF  Daytona. I just sent off an email to see if my TD can get it shipped before all the factories close for CNY.  The reason why is I am not that confident the Noob 904L Daytona can deliver a reliable movement compared to ARF's 7750. 

With the Daytona, IWC Ingenieur Laureus, and the 300 Spectre, I think that's enough flashy watches for me. I'm going to go for some low key watches.

What do you guys think of the Rolex 1680 red and 6263? I understand you will have to mod them to get it close to gen. These two would be my grail watches. How do you think they would work with suits and dress shirts, especially at around 15mm in height?

Ve7iJAk.jpg

xf54lz.jpg

GC

A 1680 is a superb addition to any collection... 

891355F9-10BD-406D-9CB9-47378BA02B60.jpg