pinkyandthebrain

SH3135 service

Cdenim
3 hours ago, Stufuse said:

the movement in arf is the sa3135. I'm doing the same work

correct, ive pm'd the op to this as i am well versed in both movements.  And the differences between them are much too great for any interchanging of parts. 

Luxuracer
3 hours ago, pickledbeetroot said:

The op asked for trusted, you’re clearly NOT TO BE TRUSTED. 

I even checked our list here, refreshed it twice, still not on it. 

So basically you can fuck off with your touting for work :finger: 

I am not going to fight @Cdenim battle for him. He's a big boy he can do that himself ... BUT danm!
He is NOT a "trusted dealer or vendor" in here, but how do you know he is not to be trusted ?!?
Without seeing him saying it, I already know he just want to help for free or charge close to nothing.

Just chill ... Not everyone is a scammer!

RUSH2112
31 minutes ago, Luxuracer said:

I am not going to fight @Cdenim battle for him. He's a big boy he can do that himself ... BUT danm!
He is NOT a "trusted dealer or vendor" in here, but how do you know he is not to be trusted ?!?
Without seeing him saying it, I already know he just want to help for free or charge close to nothing.

Just chill ... Not everyone is a scammer!

Pbr can speak for himself but when a member asks for a “trusted mod” for help with service and a weeklong member with no permission to act as a trusted anything from the board admin immediately pipes up and responds with an offer it raises many questions

Cdenim

again man, I just wanted to offer my assistance. The answer to your question btw, is yes. The gen automatic bridge along with gen reversing wheels will just fit in place of the Chinese version on the movement. Refering to the SH 3135 movement also called the Shanghai super clone or what has been found to be true is it is acrually the Yuki watch 3135 with engraved bridges opposed to the steril ones on the yuki. Not the SA 3135 which is a different movement all to itself.  This gives someone the ability to (mod as they can afford) maybe just opting for the gen automatic bridge as opposed to spending anywhere from $300 used to as high as $600 new on the gen automatic mechanism as a whole. The reversing wheels, drive wheel, lower bridge, osculating weight....ect ..... are all interchangeable with gen. As you move into more of the movement, things become less easy to change and be swapped over to gen but with careful modifications to the mainplate and some of the parts everything really can be. Now this is less of course the balance. Nobody has tackled this issue. Nowhere have i found anything written on this very obvious tell between gen and Yuki movements. And probably for the simple reason its a very expensive thing to do. Just save up and purchase the gen 3135. Done.  The money i have invested in parts for my yuki have almost equaled to that of a gen, but i can say.... I built it. I retrofitted it. I modded this replica movement to be within 90% of the  genuine. (now where near that yet, but hope to achieve someday)  Put simply, I just wanted to see if you could. I Lost the "why" along the way somewhere.

Edited by Cdenim
multiple responces

Cdenim
12 minutes ago, RUSH2112 said:

Pbr can speak for himself but when a member asks for a “trusted mod” for help with service and a weeklong member with no permission to act as a trusted anything from the board admin immediately pipes up and responds with an offer it raises many questions

agreed, this is why i said i haven't done anything like that before. I just seen that the op was looking for some assistance with his sh movement and having alot of experience with that movement i just couldn't help myself.  That said, of course i have only been a member here for a short time as i am an RWI supporter waiting for our site to be fixed. Seeing the op was the same it actually was 2 rwi members with good standings and high post ratings communicating in our RWI clubroom set up for us.  I wasn't lurking around the general discussion forum here, waiting to pounce on my next victum . But yes, it would have raised concern, realizing just a pm to the op direct would have solved this whole thing.  Again, i am sorry.

Luxuracer
23 minutes ago, RUSH2112 said:

I understand his intention ... There is nothing wrong with protect other members from being scammed.

But it's not right to personally attack someone like that. 

Cdenim
4 hours ago, Stufuse said:
1 hour ago, 10:10 Watch Repair said:

I didn't mean PBR.

understood

10:10 Watch Repair
25 minutes ago, Cdenim said:

The answer to your question btw, is yes. The gen automatic bridge along with gen reversing wheels will just fit in place of the Chinese version on the movement. 

As I recall, that's very different from my experience with the clone 3135, but that was a few years ago, maybe they have been updated. 

Cdenim
22 minutes ago, 10:10 Watch Repair said:

As I recall, that's very different from my experience with the clone 3135, but that was a few years ago, maybe they have been updated. 

Not sure as to what clone 3135 is referring to. The yuki/sh has always been able to swap most parts for gen, this is going back to late 2014 when i first had one on the bench. The SA was the first full chs replica of the rolex cal. 3135 and really is a Seagull based movement generally appearing  externally as the 3135 with anything from the keyless work, to the calendar works being just loose interpretations of the parts used in the gen movement, internally. Then theres the A3135 which is just a copy of the Eta 2836 with red painted ratcheting  and drive wheels and engravings on the automatic device to appear as a 3135 but isn't close at all as it is a completely different movement. 

Cdenim
1 hour ago, 10:10 Watch Repair said:

Coincidentally enough, after some discussions here I've had with different members I was preparing to do a tutorial (mostly for noobs but anyone i'm sure would be able to take something away from it) comparing these three movements to the gen. Outlining for reference what can and can't be done as of the present state of things, to these movements. And what real actual costs are involved with doing these types of modifications. This way there would be a way for someone buying a rep to mod it out, to  reference if the overall cost is worth it to them or not before buying with this kind of intent in the first place. Just trying to give back to a community i love being a part of. 

Luxuracer
35 minutes ago, Cdenim said:

Coincidentally enough, after some discussions here I've had with different members I was preparing to do a tutorial (mostly for noobs but anyone i'm sure would be able to take something away from it) comparing these three movements to the gen. Outlining for reference what can and can't be done as of the present state of things, to these movements. And what real actual costs are involved with doing these types of modifications. This way there would be a way for someone buying a rep to mod it out, to  reference if the overall cost is worth it to them or not before buying with this kind of intent in the first place. Just trying to give back to a community i love being a part of. 

So ?!? ... Where is it !?! ... It'd already been 35 minutes !!!

giphy.gif

Since you are taking your time ... make sure there are pictures ... OK ?!?

Cdenim
2 hours ago, Luxuracer said:

So ?!? ... Where is it !?! ... It'd already been 35 minutes !!!

giphy.gif

Since you are taking your time ... make sure there are pictures ... OK ?!?

just setting up for it. Have limited shots with the gen and want everything side by side. Will have it all set and done about a week or so. Was going to be a jerk and post it back on RWI. I'll pm you the post before i put it up.  Given some of the things said, this tutorial should help out alot and act as a good reference. I think I'm going to purchase one of those arf datejusts with the new miyota decorated to the 3235 cal. movement. Really liked what i seen stripping down my first one the other day. Then transplant it into the new arf 904 sea-dweller i've been eyeing  going back 2 months before it released. Really a robust movement. The quality was exceptional and well built. should make for a really nice rep.

Screenshot_20180101-2202021.jpg

Oh and i was talking to the op about his no date. I forgot to tell you i had found this. For those wanting to do a paint mod and have it look somewhat accurate. its an actual metal in a suspension so the end result is real platinum.  Its called Liqmet a liquid metal coating.  Pretty neat stuff. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-LIQMET-Liquid-Metal-Coating-PLATINUM-SPRAY-VISCOSITY-Metallic-Paint/332494243179?hash=item4d6a33856b:g:O6oAAOSwZKBZEwh2

Stufuse
8 hours ago, greg_r said:

Did you look at the trusted dealer list?

WatchrepairUK...

Yea I did, looking again- it appears I confused two profiles and sent an email to the old address that had been inactive. 

Thanks. 

Edited by Stufuse

Stufuse
55 minutes ago, Cdenim said:

just setting up for it. Have limited shots with the gen and want everything side by side. Will have it all set and done about a week or so. Was going to be a jerk and post it back on RWI. I'll pm you the post before i put it up.  Given some of the things said, this tutorial should help out alot and act as a good reference. I think I'm going to purchase one of those arf datejusts with the new miyota decorated to the 3235 cal. movement. Really liked what i seen stripping down my first one the other day. Then transplant it into the new arf 904 sea-dweller i've been eyeing  going back 2 months before it released. Really a robust movement. The quality was exceptional and well built. should make for a really nice rep.

Screenshot_20180101-2202021.jpg

Oh and i was talking to the op about his no date. I forgot to tell you i had found this. For those wanting to do a paint mod and have it look somewhat accurate. its an actual metal in a suspension so the end result is real platinum.  Its called Liqmet a liquid metal coating.  Pretty neat stuff. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-LIQMET-Liquid-Metal-Coating-PLATINUM-SPRAY-VISCOSITY-Metallic-Paint/332494243179?hash=item4d6a33856b:g:O6oAAOSwZKBZEwh2

This is interesting, how long have the ARF Datejusts been available with the Decorated miyota? Its not an option I saw when purchasing mine.

Edited by Stufuse

Surftime

I am an RWI Patron and Cdenim  is a trusted guy over on RWI.  Yes I will send him my SH3135 for repairs on my franken 16610LV. Thanks for sticking your neck out @Cdenim aNd appreciate the gesture of kindness and sharing of you expertise working with  re: sa3135, sh3135 , and  gen 3135! 

I am in conus. We family in Chi-town. 

10:10 Watch Repair
5 hours ago, Cdenim said:

Not sure as to what clone 3135 is referring to. The yuki/sh has always been able to swap most parts for gen, this is going back to late 2014 when i first had one on the bench. The SA was the first full chs replica of the rolex cal. 3135 and really is a Seagull based movement generally appearing  externally as the 3135 with anything from the keyless work, to the calendar works being just loose interpretations of the parts used in the gen movement, internally. Then theres the A3135 which is just a copy of the Eta 2836 with red painted ratcheting  and drive wheels and engravings on the automatic device to appear as a 3135 but isn't close at all as it is a completely different movement. 

Oct. 6 2012. Just checked my old emails and that's when I bought one from Yuki. I don't remember all the details, but the hands didn't fit, I don't think the DW did,  I'm not sure what other parts I had at the time to try to swap. My recollection is nothing I tried fit the movement.  I did a writeup here... I might have deleted it a while ago...

Cdenim
15 minutes ago, Surftime said:

I am an RWI Patron and Cdenim  is a trusted guy over on RWI.  Yes I will send him my SH3135 for repairs on my franken 16610LV. Thanks for sticking your neck out @Cdenim aNd appreciate the gesture of kindness and sharing of you expertise working with  re: sa3135, sh3135 , and  gen 3135! 

I am in conus. We family in Chi-town. 

There you guys are, what kept ya... lol. THANKS BROTHER...  If i got a pm from a section mod, or someone saying hey man you can't help anyone with  only 50 posts cool, i could have explained the situation gave my cradentials and the whole thing would have been a non issue. For someone to just tell me to fuck off and then say i am not to be trusted like iv'e been kicked out of a forum somewhere for ripping people off... I'll be honest it didn't feel real good. fortunately  a few new found friends here kept things at bay until the cavalry could come.  Nice to see you brother.

14 minutes ago, 10:10 Watch Repair said:

Oct. 6 2012. Just checked my old emails and that's when I bought one from Yuki. I don't remember all the details, but the hands didn't fit, I don't think the DW did,  I'm not sure what other parts I had at the time to try to swap. My recollection is nothing I tried fit the movement.  I did a writeup here... I might have deleted it a while ago...

And there are a few. the hour wheel but mainly the minute wheel won't except gen hands. But in there place a gen minute pinion with some work using a jeweled bushing  opposed the beryllium bronze bushing on the gen,  along with gen minute and hour wheels remedies that. The train gears along with the train wheel bridge are another story.  although it will line up the escape wheel from the yuki has to be used couldn't ever make the gen fit correctly into the endstone on the cap jeweled gen bridge. Again, we are talking about putting beautifully engineered parts onto a cheaply spit out Chinese mainplate. Just about all having something different about them from batch to batch, cluing you into the very non gen like quality control practiced by the movement makers in  Guangzhou. You're right its not all gen interchangeable as it was kinda made out to be.  but with some  modifications not hindering the reliability and performance of the movement, they'll fit.  What i really want to do, be able to slip in a gen free spun balance and  Parachrom hairspring, but the end shank doesn't line up correctly. Theres ways around this as i'm sure you know, just expensive ones. Imo I believe none of this is cost effective. By the time you pay for all the gen parts plus the labor a good watchmaker will charge if you could find someone willing to do this, could have saved a little more and plopped in a gen 3135 and been done. I guess i am someone that will try the thing that no one wants just to see why no one wants it. And I'm sorry again for coming off some type of way. Was just frustrated and disappointed. 

Cdenim
59 minutes ago, Stufuse said:

This is interesting, how long have the ARF Datejusts been available with the Decorated miyota? Its not an option I saw when purchasing mine.

Man sorry for that.  Was just speaking to the op who has arf. The miyota is from the noob factory. I really like the way this is  done. plus i really like the robust, well built 9015's anyway. But you are correct in AR factory using Miyota movements it was noob. Sorry sir. Guess i'll try on this :asshat:

black263
7 hours ago, Cdenim said:

again man, I just wanted to offer my assistance. The answer to your question btw, is yes. The gen automatic bridge along with gen reversing wheels will just fit in place of the Chinese version on the movement. Refering to the SH 3135 movement also called the Shanghai super clone or what has been found to be true is it is acrually the Yuki watch 3135 with engraved bridges opposed to the steril ones on the yuki. Not the SA 3135 which is a different movement all to itself.  This gives someone the ability to (mod as they can afford) maybe just opting for the gen automatic bridge as opposed to spending anywhere from $300 used to as high as $600 new on the gen automatic mechanism as a whole. The reversing wheels, drive wheel, lower bridge, osculating weight....ect ..... are all interchangeable with gen. As you move into more of the movement, things become less easy to change and be swapped over to gen but with careful modifications to the mainplate and some of the parts everything really can be. Now this is less of course the balance. Nobody has tackled this issue. Nowhere have i found anything written on this very obvious tell between gen and Yuki movements. And probably for the simple reason its a very expensive thing to do. Just save up and purchase the gen 3135. Done.  The money i have invested in parts for my yuki have almost equaled to that of a gen, but i can say.... I built it. I retrofitted it. I modded this replica movement to be within 90% of the  genuine. (now where near that yet, but hope to achieve someday)  Put simply, I just wanted to see if you could. I Lost the "why" along the way somewhere.

I'm always concerned about a repairer who tries to have intimate contact with his product.

Stufuse
5 minutes ago, Cdenim said:

Man sorry for that.  Was just speaking to the op who has arf. The miyota is from the noob factory. I really like the way this is  done. plus i really like the robust, well built 9015's anyway. But you are correct in AR factory using Miyota movements it was noob. Sorry sir. Guess i'll try on this :asshat:

Haha, no problem I'm new to all this so it could have been a possibility. I was going to add to the previous post that I only knew of the noob DATEJUST 41s with 2836 decorated. Which you juts mentioned.  They look great as stock rep if you like datejusts.

Luxuracer
14 hours ago, Cdenim said:

I think I'm going to purchase one of those arf datejusts with the new miyota decorated to the 3235 cal. movement. Really liked what i seen stripping down my first one the other day. Then transplant it into the new arf 904 sea-dweller i've been eyeing  going back 2 months before it released. Really a robust movement. The quality was exceptional and well built. should make for a really nice rep.

13 hours ago, Cdenim said:

Man sorry for that.  using Miyota movements it was noob. Sorry sir. Guess i'll try on this :asshat:

13 hours ago, Stufuse said:

Haha, no problem I'm new to all this so it could have been a possibility. I was going to add to the previous post that I only knew of the noob DATEJUST 41s with 2836 decorated. Which you juts mentioned.  They look great as stock rep if you like datejusts.

@Cdenim... You owe me ... 1.5 hrs of my time.

I looked all over the internet ... 6 websites ... for a Datejust with a Miyota decorated to the 3235 cal. movement ... There is NONE.

Not from Noob, ARF, nor BP.

The only one I found is a Japanese Miyota 8215 automatic movement 21600 VPH decorated to Rolex 3136 movement Datejust by EW Maker (?!?)

I have been keeping my eyes peeled for a Datejust 41 or II with a SA3135 or SH315

Stufuse

yep, only noob dj41 2836 decor to 3235

pinkyandthebrain

I have sent my 114060 and 116234 and gen roulette dw to be serviced to @Cdenim. Will update throughout the process. I have high hopes lads! 

Cdenim
13 hours ago, Luxuracer said:

I looked all over the internet ... 6 websites ... for a Datejust with a Miyota decorated to the 3235 cal. movement ... There is NONE.

The only one I found is a Japanese Miyota 8215 automatic movement 21600 VPH decorated to Rolex 3136 movement Datejust by EW Maker (?!?)

I have been keeping my eyes peeled for a Datejust 41 or II with a SA3135 or SH315

I promise, I'll make up the 1.5 by buying you a few beers one day and reliving old days when the throttle was alot easir to spin and the knee pucks were replaced after every heat.

Cdenim
14 hours ago, Luxuracer said:

I had thought we were looking at the intermediate reduction wheels for the 2nd  and 3rd pinions. i used the movement retaining screws position to make that assumption

miyota.jpg

Also note there location to the balance

They would be these here on the miyota. 

ddd.jpg

I believe it to be eta based same as BP just decorated differently. But i'll give it to the guys in Guangzhou.  These are a far cry from the A3135, eta based movements we've seen.  Without having it on my bench and going off pics this is how i ascertained, albeit incorrectly, it was the miyota.  I will buy you those beers anytime....