Sign in to follow this  
ZellerFTW

Should I be nervous about this rep? The jeweling makes me nervous...

ZellerFTW

TimesShop and just about every other trusted dealer can get the Patek Philippe Twenty-4...

My question is, can you trust the diamond pave on the bezel to not fall off? Any idea how secure they are for everyday wear?

Patek Twenty-4

6196-39273-thickbox.jpg

Balad1
TimesShop and just about every other trusted dealer can get the Patek Philippe Twenty-4...

My question is, can you trust the diamond pave on the bezel to not fall off? Any idea how secure they are for everyday wear?

Patek Twenty-4

6196-39273-thickbox.jpg

It's $108 so I'm not sure exactly what you expect, plus this isn't exactly an everyday wearer. I would think for the money it would be fine.

Ska

the "diamonds" will be CZ (quartz/silica) crystal epoxied into the bezel and should be pretty sturdy. As Balad said though this is NOT an every-day wearer. And the crystals won't have the clarity of diamonds in person.

You shouldn't wear a diamond encrusted gen every day for the same reason.

In higher end reps they use Diamante (rhinestone/swarofsky crystal) which has a much nicer lustre but for $108 you can't go wrong mate.

Just my 2 cents but if you're after that style of watch, I'd go for a Cartier Tank Francaise. Its the progenitor of that design and the proportions are SO much better. Many - like Patek - have copied it over the years but IMO nobody has come close to the classic beauty of the original Tank. Its available with diamond bezel as well.

greg_r

Luck of the draw. My wife has a Chanel with a diamond bezel and I ended up having to glue it back on after a while. The 'diamonds' did come off in a chunk, though, so it was easy enough to do.

Scavolas

I checked around the available Cartier Tank Francaise models and found an interesting one at several (scamsite) places with a "Swiss ETA 2000" automatic movement (definitely not Swiss ETA 2671-2). Is this real? I am confused (or just a way noob)...

2010030310.jpg

CAR0033_06.jpg

CAR0033_03.jpg

the "diamonds" will be CZ (quartz/silica) crystal epoxied into the bezel and should be pretty sturdy. As Balad said though this is NOT an every-day wearer. And the crystals won't have the clarity of diamonds in person.

You shouldn't wear a diamond encrusted gen every day for the same reason.

In higher end reps they use Diamante (rhinestone/swarofsky crystal) which has a much nicer lustre but for $108 you can't go wrong mate.

Just my 2 cents but if you're after that style of watch, I'd go for a Cartier Tank Francaise. Its the progenitor of that design and the proportions are SO much better. Many - like Patek - have copied it over the years but IMO nobody has come close to the classic beauty of the original Tank. Its available with diamond bezel as well.