androme

TC v7x vs Noob V6S Submariner

androme

So just picked up the beautiful franken v7x TC from @Birky(thanks dude!) and honestly, not sure what I prefer more - this or my highly modded noob v6s (sa3135 case). 

I know there are reviews/comparison threads (at least I've seen one on RWI before) but thought I would post this here with my initial impression and thinking out loud with a question for previous owners.

The 6 digit feels more solid - has a nice weight about it including the bracelet. Dial is amazing and with the prof xtal, TC/Noob DWO, TC hands amongst other bits and bobs, feels really great. 

The TC on the other hand looks great, better than the v6s but just feels like the bracelet lets it down and also wears a bit smaller and lighter. Gen insert and xtal really makes the dial pops that my 2 photos below don't do justice.

The 2 pics below will do for now (excuse poor lighting of the first, it's dark and rainy where I am in Brexitland).

I know this sounds crazy and is unlikely but is it possible to swap the bracelets/even just the claps over? If not, guess I'll just have to pickup a gen clasp or maybe bracelet to make a better informed decision over which one I will keep. Anyone know the code for the 5 digit bracelet - 93250 right?

To those that have owned/still own a TC and owned a 6 digit, which one have you kept and why? 

Not sure which 1 I will keep now, am a little torn. Going to give the 5 digit a trial this week. Got a few marks I'll cape cod later.

xTKFtYT.jpg

FvRMTfo.jpg

Edited by androme

minwas

You should definitely keep the TC and sell the v6s... P)

happy new year buddy

bloon

wow they look stunning. v6s definitely more solid but 5 digit is pure class

MetalMickey

I thought the TC bracelet was shit. Then I tried on a gen. The gen bracelet is shit too.

I sold my TC, it was overpriced and I preferred the wrist feel of the 6 digit subs, especially the slidelock bracelet.

Moondustesp
15 minutes ago, metalmickey said:

I thought the TC bracelet was shit. Then I tried on a gen. The gen bracelet is shit too.

I sold my TC, it was overpriced and I preferred the wrist feel of the 6 digit subs, especially the slidelock bracelet.

Have to agree with this man

Mr_B
23 minutes ago, metalmickey said:

Plus one

Lagger

Yep friend of mine has a gen 5 digit, feels cheap and flimsy, not impressive at all, lume is patchy and the pearl cracked......shite

Rokerite

Aren't 5 digit sub bracelets links hollow, whereas 6 digits are solid ? Maybe that's what makes them feel unsubstantial. 

trendconcept

I already owned both. The V6S was my very first Rep.  My TD (Daisy of kuvarsit) found a flawless piece for me. And I was very happy with it. When I later bought the TC, I liked the look of the 5-digit much better. Ok, maybe "much better" is a bit exaggerated. But definitely more suitable for my rather thin wrists.

As for the bracelet, I agree with you. The bracelet (including clasp) of the Sub-C is actually better. But that's the same with the two gen models.

In the end, it's a matter of personal preference. I sold my V6S because I found the TC more suitable for me. And I didn't want to have too many similar models in my collection. If you prefer more wrist presence, you should pass on the TC and keep the V6S.

Here are some pictures of my V6S LV vs. TC LV

Hulk_vs._Kermit_1.png

Hulk_vs._Kermit_2.png

wdev

You have nice modded watches here.

Having owned both the TC16610lv and the BK116610 at the same time, I tried swapping out the bracelets.  Reason for me was the same as stated above, the 16610 bracelet is rather flimsy due to the hollowed endlinks and clasp. The 116610 bracelet with glidelock is a massive improvement on comfortability (you can adjust the bracelet on the fly due to glidelock) and it's more hefty and sturdy because of the solid endlinks.

So yes, I tried it out and in my case it fitted rather well. You should definitely give it a try.

Ultimately, I sold both the TC and the BK. I now own a Ginault Ocean Rover  which is  the best sub homage I've ever seen and on par (if not better) with a TC. Basically, it's an amalgamation of the 5517 (milsub hands), 16610 (case) and 116610 (glidelock bracelet & SEL). Best of both words, gen and around the same price as a TC ;)

To give you an example:

Ginault-Ocean-Rover-9.jpg

MetalMickey
48 minutes ago, wdev said:

Having owned both the TC16610lv and the BK116610 at the same time, I tried swapping out the bracelets.  Reason for me was the same as stated above, the 16610 bracelet is rather flimsy due to the hollowed endlinks and clasp. The 116610 bracelet with glidelock is a massive improvement on comfortability (you can adjust the bracelet on the fly due to glidelock) and it's more hefty and sturdy because of the solid endlinks.

So yes, I tried it out and in my case it fitted rather well. You should definitely give it a try.

Ultimately, I sold both the TC and the BK. I now own a Ginault Ocean Rover  which is  the best sub homage I've ever seen and on par (if not better) with a TC. Basically, it's an amalgamation of the 5517 (milsub hands), 16610 (case) and 116610 (glidelock bracelet & SEL). Best of both words, gen and around the same price as a TC ;)

To give you an example:

I'd buy one of those except...

* No date, I need a date

* WTF is "Kinetic Continual", makes it seem like a cheap homage

* Why does it need the entire works of Shakespeare written on the dial (cf the new Tudor Pelagos)

androme
3 hours ago, minwas said:

You should definitely keep the TC and sell the v6s... P)

happy new year buddy

Haha thanks! If I do keep the 5 digit, I'll let you know and the 6 digit is yours :-)

3 hours ago, bloon said:

wow they look stunning. v6s definitely more solid but 5 digit is pure class

Thanks - true,  just not sure whether to go for class or for a solid all round watch 

3 hours ago, metalmickey said:

Thanks - wow gen is shyte too? Not good :( thanks it's the bracelet that I think is the deal breaker here, I just love the 6 digit clasp!

2 hours ago, Moondustesp said:

Have to agree with this man

Might have to as well, thanks

2 hours ago, Mr_B said:

Plus one

I could be a plus three, thanks

2 hours ago, Rokerite said:

Aren't 5 digit sub bracelets links hollow, whereas 6 digits are solid ? Maybe that's what makes them feel unsubstantial. 

True, you are right. Even then, the clasp just feels cheap and flimsy like it's not even metal kind of?

1 hour ago, trendconcept said:

I already owned both. The V6S was my very first Rep.  My TD (Daisy of kuvarsit) found a flawless piece for me. And I was very happy with it. When I later bought the TC, I liked the look of the 5-digit much better. Ok, maybe "much better" is a bit exaggerated. But definitely more suitable for my rather thin wrists.

As for the bracelet, I agree with you. The bracelet (including clasp) of the Sub-C is actually better. But that's the same with the two gen models.

In the end, it's a matter of personal preference. I sold my V6S because I found the TC more suitable for me. And I didn't want to have too many similar models in my collection. If you prefer more wrist presence, you should pass on the TC and keep the V6S.

Here are some pictures of my V6S LV vs. TC LV

Hulk_vs._Kermit_1.png

Hulk_vs._Kermit_2.png

Wow, thanks for that, really appreciate it, including the comparison pics! Going to give it a week I guess before I make my mind up 

1 hour ago, wdev said:

To give you an example:

Dang thanks also for your response! How easy was it to take the bracelet off the TC and stick on the 6 digit one? Dang that looks nice, first time I've seen the supposed TC/Ginault on a wrist, looks impressive although not a fan of the hands otherwise looks great! 

Moondustesp

I can forgive all the wrongs with the Ginault if it was cheaper. I love the watch just think it’s overpriced. £450 would be reasonable 

bloon

Keep both mate. You'll wear both on occasion! If not please let me know if you're letting it go on M2M.

@Moondustesp Agreed. It's a Chinese movement for $1200. Seagull isn't that brazen. At least TC subs had a rolex behind it!

Lagger
1 hour ago, Moondustesp said:

I can forgive all the wrongs with the Ginault if it was cheaper. I love the watch just think it’s overpriced. £450 would be reasonable 

I agree!

k4jun

Congrats on both purchases mate! Unless you are an old fart, you should keep the subc lol.

androme
7 minutes ago, k4jun said:

Congrats on both purchases mate! Unless you are an old fart, you should keep the subc lol.

Haha thanks mate! Really torn. Am currently wearing both lol TC on left arm V6S on right arm.

14 hours ago, bloon said:

Keep both mate. You'll wear both on occasion! If not please let me know if you're letting it go on M2M.

@Moondustesp Agreed. It's a Chinese movement for $1200. Seagull isn't that brazen. At least TC subs had a rolex behind it!

I'll keep an open mind as I've had several PM's already if I do so we'll see, thanks.

Suk

I also had a 5 digit (not a TC, unfortunately) and now having a sub-c v7. V7 is definitely more solid and heavier. But a 5 digit has something special.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

wdev
15 hours ago, Moondustesp said:

Very true, It's basically an AETA (at least that's how I view it).  Not very different from the Rolex Reps but with a lot more QC so that counts for me

Ginault was offering a discount at the time (and maybe still do), got mine for $650, which is around TC level. Build quality is very, very high (also TC level). At that price it's one of my best 2017 buys

16 hours ago, androme said:

Dang thanks also for your response! How easy was it to take the bracelet off the TC and stick on the 6 digit one? Dang that looks nice, first time I've seen the supposed TC/Ginault on a wrist, looks impressive although not a fan of the hands otherwise looks great! 

Not that difficult but bracelets in general are a bit harder to remove than straps . Just use a proper strapchange tool and you'll be fine 

15 hours ago, bloon said:

At least TC subs had a rolex behind it!

Not sure what you mean by this. TC has a AETA movement??

Moondustesp

Well Ginault if you are on this forum please offer an RWG discount of 70% I am sure you will get plenty of orders :bugeyes:

bloon
2 hours ago, wdev said:

Not sure what you mean by this. TC has a AETA movement??

I mean that TC has a Rolex brand on the watch justfiying such his price - it's a rep. Ginault has no heritage. It's an Asian ETA (handassembed to his credit) that looks like a Rolex & Omega diver cross. At that pricepoint, you can buy heaps of Swiss brands from Tissot to Tag to Longines or German e,g, Nomos  instead of an Asian movement

wdev
4 minutes ago, bloon said:

I mean that TC has a Rolex brand on the watch justfiying such his price - it's a rep. Ginault has no heritage. It's an Asian ETA (handassembed to his credit) that looks like a Rolex & Omega diver cross. At that pricepoint, you can buy heaps of Swiss brands from Tissot to Tag to Longines or German e,g, Nomos  instead of an Asian movement

I think I understand what you mean, besides repmakers having anything to do with the gen brand heritage, that's just silly. There is no heritage to rep. Reason for TC being as high priced was the amount of craftmanship and dedication to excellence involved and therefore high demand for his product. If you have owned a TC you will know . Now, as TC is no longer producing reps, prices for his watches will rise as they are becoming more rare.

You make a point that at $1200 you can buy lot's of Swiss brands, with basically all the same generic ETA or quartz heart (both movements at heavily inflated prices imo). Nomos being the only difference as it has a unique design language and make most of their movements themselves. But if the movement is built to high standards with quality materials, the difference in ETA or EATA is non-existent

To the OP, I would keep them both and switch the bracelets out. If it works you have a very nice combination! Let us know how that works out

bloon
2 minutes ago, wdev said:

I think I understand what you mean, besides repmakers having anything to do with the gen brand heritage, that's just silly. There is no heritage to rep. Reason for TC being as high priced was the amount of craftmanship and dedication to excellence involved and therefore high demand for his product. If you have owned a TC you will know . Now, as TC is no longer producing reps, prices for his watches will rise as they are becoming more rare.

You make a point that at $1200 you can buy lot's of Swiss brands, with basically all the same generic ETA or quartz heart (both movements at heavily inflated prices imo). Nomos being the only difference as it has a unique design language and make most of their movements themselves. But if the movement is built to high standards with quality materials, the difference in ETA or EATA is non-existent

To the OP, I would keep them both and switch the bracelets out. If it works you have a very nice combination! Let us know how that works out

I may not have communicated properly. I buy replicas 50% because I like the design and 50% the brand. You're right about TC - it was hand assembled, recognized for good quality and attention to detail to replicate a 16610. It's warranted the price. I don't think most watch enthusiasts would buy that same model if it was a Ginault branded 16610. That's what I was trying to express. 

As for the prices for his watch, perhaps it will rise on open market but thanks to the forum's non profiteering clause, TCs sold here should maintain the price. 

Also a side note, I don't buy $1,2K watches unless I know my a** is covered if it breaks and I cannot say for Ginault but stock A2824 movements aren't usually made with the same materials as ETA so may wear more over time than an ETA. I thought it was for this reason that we have BK's watches as opposed to a simpel noob

10:10 Watch Repair
On 1/2/2018 at 09:43, androme said:

I know this sounds crazy and is unlikely but is it possible to swap the bracelets/even just the claps over?

nobody?

:rofl:

reckoner777

If one must go I would say 6 digit should be the one. IMHO 16610 is a masterpiece in so many ways.