Nobbymogs

What was your first purchase

fatarms
3 hours ago, manodeoro said:

Silix still have blue Sub and still $35 emoji39.png
Would you post some pics of yours ?.. so that we can check if it's the same watch.
I wonder if the bezel is a "classic" construction (retaining ring/washer/bezel) or a "paperclip" one emoji848.png

sent from my Moto G5 Plus using Tapatalk

I sold it about 3 months after I bought it, I ended up buying a 2836 movement version from Mary after that.  The bracelet was pure crap, I wore it on a blue nato for most of the time I had it.

manodeoro
I sold it about 3 months after I bought it, I ended up buying a 2836 movement version from Mary after that.  The bracelet was pure crap, I wore it on a blue nato for most of the time I had it.
For $35 it could be crap
Do you know about the bezel construction ?.. though I'm 99% certain it was paperclip.

Phantomtech

Hublot Big Bang Rose Gold Ceramic

nuk
3 hours ago, manodeoro said:

Brushed "as Gen" ?

I'm sorry, I don't know what you mean.

fatarms
12 minutes ago, manodeoro said:

For $35 it could be crap emoji6.png
Do you know about the bezel construction ?.. though I'm 99% certain it was paperclip.

It's been about 6 years since I had it and since it was my first rep, I really didn't know what to look for when it came to parts and movement stuff.  I read here for a few days and was overwhelmed, and like any new rep buyer, my dumb ass just wanted something that looked like a Rolex and for super cheap :lol:  I do remember that the bezel on mine turned quite easily, and after being here for a few months and reading about the higher quality stuff, I decided to bite the bullet and go with the better version from Mary.  In fact, I think I bought a 6 digit sub from her and not the aluminum bezel version.

manodeoro
I'm sorry, I don't know what you mean.
Never mind ... Just a stupid joke about some "brushing" threads on RWI.

manodeoro
It's been about 6 years since I had it and since it was my first rep, I really didn't know what to look for when it came to parts and movement stuff.  I read here for a few days and was overwhelmed, and like any new rep buyer, my dumb ass just wanted something that looked like a Rolex and for super cheap   I do remember that the bezel on mine turned quite easily, and after being here for a few months and reading about the higher quality stuff, I decided to bite the bullet and go with the better version from Mary.  In fact, I think I bought a 6 digit sub from her and not the aluminum bezel version.
Well ... 6 digits can be great but as I'm an oldtimer (though new on the Rep world) I definitely prefer the 5 digits and the drilled lugs.