Nobbymogs

What was your first purchase

Nobbymogs

as it says really

what, why and when

obviously due to so many questions i am a new guy on the block but i think ive learned fast and had to by the look of some of the stuff out there, it is soooooo easy to get fleeced 

My first purchases have changed from my original ideas a few times due to 1 reason or the other but it looks very much like

Watch 1 Breitling Navitimer SS White 

Watch 2 AP Royal Oak Blue Face

i should add that above are my first Rep purchases myself 

GC

My first rep was a DSSD, because it was the newest and baddest Rolex release, back in 2010. 

Moondustesp

First was a regmariner which is long gone but wasn’t my last regmariner.  

splke

some tag POS from turkey 1995  £10

Then an auto tag from aqua racer big date in 2011 from watcheden (who had a massive online catalogue with cheapies and high end stuff)  :)

then a toro special rad black seal still running and a 1680 off reg in 2011 still running

IMG_20171218_181130.jpgIMG_20170911_143414.jpg

MAJ75

I was pretty late into the game, November 2015.......................

This moved on in 2017 as I have too many Subs............

FIN5.jpg

RepGuy

A shitty 21j two-tone sub from a TD back in 2011. I've still got the watch in my collection, but it's hidden way back in the box. The POS still works too.

KarmaToBurn

My first order was a Regmariner that was purchased as a gift for my father-in-law. It's all downhill from there for my bank account. 

trendconcept

My first replicas were these two bad boys.

20170805_140915_2.jpg

I bought them in the early 2016. At this time I already had some (even more expensive) Gens. But some of the luxury watches I liked were financially unattainable at the time. That's why I was looking for a cheaper alternative. Nevertheless, I wanted to have a certain quality and not just a Rolex labeled scrap heap. Luckily, I've done some research and found the trusted dealers.

The pictured Noob Sub V6S I have sold in the meantime. The Globemaster is still in operation and running perfectly.

NCRich

First order, hmm Timeshops RWG special in 2011.  Not my first rep, but first since a Tijuana quartz DJ in 1991.  The sub was $49 and the YM was $61.  Shipping was $9.  Things have changed.  These were actually very nice reps.

oBlQUXh.jpg

black263

rolex_zpsuhyjo0zr.jpg

Explorr

Hi folks,

maybe the right thread to share a little story.  As we all know, we don't let go of those things obtained hard. It all started in 2013, was looking for a gen RLX found out quickly, moneywise everything I like was out of reach. I was about to travel abroad and thought, maybe I'll get one there - cheaper. By accident found something similar to eBay and the seller sold fake watches - to my eye then - that looked great. And they were only 150 Euro. But in Belgrade (Serbia) 150 Euros is a lot of money, esp. when you only make 300 Euros a month. So I got in contact with the guy and I drove off to Belgrade without navigation and tried to find his place, to take a look at his watches. After two hours of searching, got to his backyard, where he literally pulled my sub out of a shoe box. Took a look, liked what I saw, made the deal.

Came home, my wife told me I am nuts, but since everything worked out fine, everybody was happy. I still own the Sub, it's got many flaws, broken bezel rotation, shitty pearl, low beat movement, had a GMT bracelet, misaligned date wheel and so forth. But it still runs, went to swim in the Mediterranean sea, and I still like it and wear it. 

The guy is still online and sells his crackers. Here's the link to his stuff. Enjoy:

https://www.kupujemprodajem.com/8162-1-dejan-poruke-na-viber-i-whats-app-0641117717-svi-oglasi.htm

Since this post would be worthless without pics ... 

AnOOFG4.jpg

Cheers

E.

GenTLe

The first was a crappy fantasy Cartier I got in the Gran Bazaar in Istanbul.

The first good one is the 1st at top left here, a Pam 164, and I still have it:

33168381013_88f5b93d92_o.jpg

Mikeodandy

My first one was a Breitling Superocean Steelfish with ETA 2836 white dial that was too big for my wrist then I sold it and got a Noob V6S which I kept until I got my TC V7X ln

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kbates213

First was a hublot big bang quartz from the now out of business nanjing rd fake market in Shanghai. First TD purchase was a pam 111 from Toro. Still have it and wear in rotation.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

greg_r

My first rep was a Rolex Day/Date back around 2000. I bought a few in various dials/finishes around that time. Still have one of 'em.

SliceMaster

I bought this LV Sub from Josh back in 2006 and I still think LV is the nicest looking Sub!!

bilwristies001hy4.jpg

nuk

What (hold your laughs):

jvUporGh.jpg

Why:

¿I was young and stupid?

When: Almost 30 years ago, in Kowloon, HK, under UK flag.

watchsnob

6e1f49717b1248eb2615c7d8290845f1.jpg
Bought this unknown manufacturer sub at bangkok in 2016 for about $70 USD. Ceramic bezel and sapphire glass. Thought it was a pretty good deal considering it still running fine. Did not know that a rep could cost up to US$500 until I found this forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paulvillo
What (hold your laughs):
jvUporGh.jpg&key=639a03b0f26952d7f6eb4453ca5e0bd879d1fb494a2c300957a85a741107be9c
Why:
¿I was young and stupid?

Wow! Never thought I'd see this Daytona again!
Also my first rep, straight from the Canal St. circa 1993

androme

Had a crappy Breitling (turned out to be a ladies watch) when I was young my sis got me from Thailand. Back then, I thought it was stupid it didn't continuously run (power reserve etc) anyway actually thought it was real until I took it into an AD to get links taken out and they basically rushed me out the shop lol. First rep in this world was from MarvReplica - an Explorer 1 214xxx (forgotten last 3 digits) which I later sold once I got my OP 114300 before I sold that too.

fatarms

Anyone remember the $35 blue submariners from Silix?  Yeah, that was my first almost 6 years ago :lol:

PlanetZoom

A Rolex 16613 in the 1990's.   It was heavy and had a sweeping second hand, so I was quite proud of it, lol.

manodeoro

Ten years ago I sweared I would never ever wear a rep in my life.
Two years ago I begun "playing" with watches and movements and searched the watch forums for infos ans tutos.
Last year I found RWI, read a lot, then @ylkekp put that nice DSSD on sale and he asked such a fair price so ... BANG

365087CYMERA20170921083407.jpg

740227CYMERA20170921083443.jpg

115631CYMERA20170921120951.jpg

sent from my Moto G5 Plus using Tapatalk

manodeoro
Anyone remember the $35 blue submariners from Silix?  Yeah, that was my first almost 6 years ago
Silix still have blue Sub and still $35
Would you post some pics of yours ?.. so that we can check if it's the same watch.
I wonder if the bezel is a "classic" construction (retaining ring/washer/bezel) or a "paperclip" one

manodeoro
What (hold your laughs):
jvUporGh.jpg&key=639a03b0f26952d7f6eb4453ca5e0bd879d1fb494a2c300957a85a741107be9c
Why:
¿I was young and stupid?
Brushed "as Gen" ?