GingerApple

Ziczac Leather

GingerApple

I bought a couple of straps from Ziczac Leather in Vietnam recently and they've just arrived. It's a fairly slow process, probably two months from order to delivery, but the quality is good, particularly when you factor in the cost - $45 for each custom ordered strap. I'd certainly recommend Ziczac for those looking for good quality, yet cheap straps.

See below for a few low quality photos of one of the straps (for an IWC Portuguese with the Gen influenced orange lining):

11w4hno.jpg

2rrw7is.jpg

2ik2r6x.jpg

53lriw.jpg

PlanetZoom

That's a nice strap.

GingerApple

Thanks, and for $45! Great value. It was my first, test order with him. I shall be going back with weirder and more wonderful design requests shortly.

Jibuti

nice combo, GB.

tabuktime

Looks lovely, had a quick Google and found their site (I think).

ZicZac Leather is the link for those who may wish to visit them...

GingerApple

Sorry, I should have linked to them, thank you. 

I found them through RWI. I can't recall if they were recommended strap dealers it if I just got their details from the forum over there. I remember they had a name change from something to Ziczac Leather and they were recommended by people throughout their existence under both the old and new names, so they're reliable. Communication is good too, just expect to wait 6 weeks for a custom order to be made (as they clearly state when ordering) and then delivery time on top of that too. Recommended.

BadApple

Jus had delivered today a Ziczac Crocodile I got for my Spitfire. Tried a few straps on her but nothing suited but a croc strap. The one it came with was typically awful so scoured Ziczac for one to match the Gen.

And bingo it was there. IWC specific. $45 delivered - took about 2 weeks. The watch is such a close match to the gen that this really ices the cake. 

IMG-0771.jpg

IMG-0772.jpg

IMG-0773.jpg

IMG-0774.jpg

IMG-0775.jpg

IMG-0776.jpg

Balance

Looks very nice and complements the watch well. Looks like I'll be giving ZicZac some of my money! 

Coax

Loving the ~ Spitfire and the ZicZac strap.

Am just about to order the same watch fro Mary and am keen to sourche similar strap but cannot locate the strap on the ziczac site -  Any pointers appreciated -  also, I note that yiour Zic Zac strap appears distressed , it thing something that you did to add some character or did the strap arrive like that?

Presume you prefer this Zic Zac to the Nero on the Spitfire?

Cheers

Coax

GingerApple

Contact the Ziczac man, his English is great and he'll hand make anything to your specification. Send him the photo above, tell him the measurements you need and he'll do the rest. 

Coax

WT311?

Coax

Thanks  GB. Appreciated 

Coax

Trying to figure our how BADAPPLE's ZICZAC Strap looks better suited to his Spitfire than the one I purchased from ZICZAC is to my Spitfire - I'm pretty sure they are the same strap WT311.

Seems that BADAPPLE's strap is somehow more aged and distressed - Even the white stitching on his strap seems slightly impregnated with brown polish - Has his strap been aged through magic Rep Watch Croc strap leather aging process?

How to age a Croc strap to make it more military vintage looking - anyone?

Cheers

Coax

Coax

Decided I didn't like the brown ZicZac Croc and that what the Spitfire needed was the ZicZac black croc    Not dissapointed..... 

https://i.postimg.cc/x8gk6gz3/IMG-1071.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/DZr4X7fD/IMG-1072.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/ZnJBPXCq/IMG-1073.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/pTbnrmvz/IMG-1074.jpg

-Coax