GingerApple

Well THAT escalated quickly!!!!!

bachpham90

Congrats on a great looking collection ! No gold watches tho ? That i feel is the one category u r missing out on :D

GingerApple
57 minutes ago, bachpham90 said:

Congrats on a great looking collection ! No gold watches tho ? That i feel is the one category u r missing out on :D

They're not really my thing. Although a rose gold (but mostly black) fifty fathoms or yachtmaster is on my want list.

GingerApple

Bloody watch box is full already. In fact I'm -2 spaces already. Plus I have two more incoming! Shit. The wife is going to kill me. When I bought this watch box, I thought I might fill it one day, perhaps ten years or so down the line. WOW, this hobby is addictive!

9t1sea.jpg

blehbleh215

Which one get the most wrist time so far?

Glaude

I like 7 watches of your last pictures, try to guess which one they are ;) 

Junior88

I just started this hobby about a month ago. I bought a 20 slot watch box, and the top 10 are full already. I think I've got a problem, too. 

DavidAMcC

That is a great collection. It also worries me that "there but for the grace of god go I".  I might as well order the watch box case now. I already see three or four reps that I could easily find house room for and having seen that photo of your new Omega Seamaster Pro... make that five!

GingerApple
11 minutes ago, blehbleh215 said:

Which one get the most wrist time so far?

I've not owned any of them long enough to know! My favourite at any given moment tends to be the most recent purchase and as they've been coming in at the rate of almost one each week,  I've generally worn each one for a week before moving onto the next new one!

I prefer big watches I'd say though, although I wear different watches at work compared to at home. When I'm at work I definitely prefer watches with a date function, so those without dates on them are a no no at work.

When not at work, at the minute I like big and chunky so I'm loving the ARF Sea-dweller, the DSSD d-blue blue - Rolexes in general I guess are my faves, through I am also really fond of the Big Pilot (which was an impulse buy and not one I was overly excited about getting, but I do really like it).

Crikey, I really haven't a clue! Ask me in a year and I'll give you a one word answer!!!!

14 minutes ago, Glaude said:

I like 7 watches of your last pictures, try to guess which one they are ;) 

I don't even know which would be my favourite 7, let alone yours!!!!! Although I do have 7 Rollies.....Hmmmm......

GingerApple
10 minutes ago, 88juniorfan said:

I just started this hobby about a month ago. I bought a 20 slot watch box, and the top 10 are full already. I think I've got a problem, too. 

You're worse than me! I genuinely hope though that I don't become someone with 150 watches or whatever like some of the legends on here. I can think of about another ten watches that I definitely want, but hopefully two 15 slot watch boxes will be enough for me.....

11 minutes ago, DavidAMcC said:

That is a great collection. It also worries me that "there but for the grace of god go I".  I might as well order the watch box case now. I already see three or four reps that I could easily find house room for and having seen that photo of your new Omega Seamaster Pro... make that five!

It just sneaks up on you... Before you know it.... Addiction.

Glaude
9 minutes ago, GingerBubba said:

I've not owned any of them long enough to know! My favourite at any given moment tends to be the most recent purchase and as they've been coming in at the rate of almost one each week,  I've generally worn each one for a week before moving onto the next new one!

I prefer big watches I'd say though, although I wear different watches at work compared to at home. When I'm at work I definitely prefer watches with a date function, so those without dates on them are a no no at work.

When not at work, at the minute I like big and chunky so I'm loving the ARF Sea-dweller, the DSSD d-blue blue - Rolexes in general I guess are my faves, through I am also really fond of the Big Pilot (which was an impulse buy and not one I was overly excited about getting, but I do really like it).

Crikey, I really haven't a clue! Ask me in a year and I'll give you a one word answer!!!!

I don't even know which would be my favourite 7, let alone yours!!!!! Although I do have 7 Rollies.....Hmmmm......

You don't like playing my games of guessing ? Well no cigar or pipe picture for you tonight ! ;) 

Clue : only two of the 7 are Rolexes and they are very similar !

Junior88
35 minutes ago, GingerBubba said:

You're worse than me! I genuinely hope though that I don't become someone with 150 watches or whatever like some of the legends on here. I can think of about another ten watches that I definitely want, but hopefully two 15 slot watch boxes will be enough for me.....

It just sneaks up on you... Before you know it.... Addiction.

I know there's at least another 10 or so that I want, but after that..... It'll likely be whatever strikes me at the time.  It's almost like gambling for chrissake....

bora12
Thanks mate. I'm slightly worried that I am actually addicted though. Like properly, compulsively addicted. I just keep buying the fucking things. I don't mean to, I just see shit I like and before I've thought about the cost implications, I've ordered it. Got three  more inbound! I need to hide my bank cards or something.  I'm meant to be saving for home renovation work FFS and I'm fucking it right up!
You and me both. Hiding the cards doesn't work though because they're all there in PayPal =(

Some of my orders aren't even getting to me and I keep ordering LOL

My home renovations will get done when they get done I guess =p

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

BokThoi

Delicious collection, I’m certainly feeling that tickling need to go order some more watches now :D

GingerApple

I've done my utmost to thin the collection down a bit to squeeze it into one watchbox. I've been brutal - the v7 Noob sub went because even though I loved it, I just kept choosing to wear chunkier watches instead like the sea dweller. Cassie (the Franck Muller Casablanca) went because the wife kept moaning about it. But try as I might, I can't get rid of the ones below, they all get wrist time. So there's nothing else for it, but a new watchbox when I've saved up some pennies....

As of today, the state of the collection is this:

2j14pxu.jpg

2r4n6mo.jpg

9t0shf.jpg

257ziv8.jpg

And like an idiot, on the basis that I need a new watch box anyway, I've reordered a sub! Which will probably be no nicer than the one I sold on M2M last week and will cost me more. Just to sit unworn in my watchbox (because everyone needs a sub, right)...

Idiot!

drifterr

That's quite a collection mate. Well done, looks brilliant and well diversified. You need to add diver v7 by JF. Hahaha

On a serious note. I have always loved IWC watches, how are they compared to the arf in terms of overall quality .

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

GingerApple
18 minutes ago, drifterr said:

On a serious note. I have always loved IWC watches, how are they compared to the arf in terms of overall quality .

Thanks buddy!

It's hard to compare the IWCs to ARFs; the heavy, solid metal, heavy bracelet ARFs compared to generally more dressy, lighter, leather strapped IWCs...

I can't help but associate (wrongly no doubt) a heavy weight with quality, but put it this way - the ZF IWCs have all run very smoothly straight out of the box and the Big Pilot especially feels very well made, super solid and remains one of my favourite watches. I've tried the chronos on the IWCs and they work fine, but I intend to leave them well alone from now on. They wind like butter and run accurately as well. If the look of them appeals to you, get on the IWC bandwagon! The rep straps are dog shit though, as you'd expect (big pilot less so).

watchboi

Really awesome collection! I started about a year earlier than you (Oct. 2016), and my collection is about one third of yours. But I'll get there!

GingerApple
9 minutes ago, watchboi said:

Really awesome collection! I started about a year earlier than you (Oct. 2016), and my collection is about one third of yours. But I'll get there!

Thanks buddy! Iwas just lucky that I had cash to burn - my 40th b'day gift was an offer from my wife that I buy a nice Gen, but I found this place, bought 17 watches instead of 1 Gen and saved quite a few quid in the process too! My rate of purchase will slow down considerably now though...

Junior88

Sweet collection! Mine is taking off in a rather large way. Two watches came in this week, two more incoming. I think I'm just going to not bother showing them to the wife any more.....

GingerApple
12 minutes ago, 88juniorfan said:

Sweet collection! Mine is taking off in a rather large way. Two watches came in this week, two more incoming. I think I'm just going to not bother showing them to the wife any more.....

Good man!

How's about a 'collection' pic once the new ones arrive...?

Junior88

Three of these I've had for some time. The Huawei at bottom right, the Gold Game Time, and the Air Force in the bottom left. The others have all arrived since January 1st. :) 

2018-02-11_09.36.55.jpg

GingerApple

Nice!

Five of those would happily find a place in my watch box (on top of the ones that I've got already)!

And since January! You nutcase.

Junior88

Lol, thank you! I knew when I discovered the rep world I was going to have a problem. I didn't disappoint myself, either. 

I'd be more than happy to pick through your watch box myself! All your IWC's, that DSSD,  and the PAM would be happy in my collection!

Glaude

And I thought I was going fast with going from 1 smartwatch to 8 regular watch in 4 months ... you guys are lunatics ! :D 

Junior88
Just now, Glaude said:

And I thought I was going fast with going from 1 smartwatch to 8 regular watch in 4 months ... you guys are lunatics ! :D 

Yeah, but in a good way....

Hmmm. Lunatic. I need a watch with a good moonphase. Thanks, Glaude! :D