interzonez

Aquanaut Jumbo 5167 from PC review

interzonez

Just received my order from Josh. Great service - around one week from order to QC to receiving the watch.

Watch is flawless. Feels awesome on the wrist. And I managed to cut the strap to a comfortable length - had been worried about this procedure! Best advice is take it slowly one or two sections at a time from each end. And check frequently.

The clasp is great, firm and snaps closed with no gaps and feels strong. The watch doesn’t appear to suffer from the so-called too greenish lume problem suffered by others with this model - though this is Maker and not V6F. The lume is a cream-very light green. The lume also very strong - lasted a whole night.

This model has the Miyota 9015 - Josh said there are no SW200s around. Seems OK to me and a lot cheaper than higher prices elsewhere for SW200 models. Cost me 338 USD. Engraving and rotor look amazing. The Miyota of course has hacking and quick date. I can only here the rotor move if I take of the watch and move it around. On wrist no noise at all. I’ll have it lightly greased anyway.

The finish is excellent everywhere though I reckon the brushed bezel likely looks a bit more impressive on the gen. The date wheel font should be a bit bigger and fill the window more. And the 3D pattern on the dial doesn’t seem to pop quite like the gen. These are minor quibbles.

Strap feels great, rubber isn’t too soft but still remains very comfortable. The watch is very low profile and light so feels very well balanced on the wrist.

All in all very happy with this rep, my 4th. I’m a refugee from RWI and enjoying RWG, thanks for having us here! Happy to contribute a new review on this awesome Aquanaut for those considering this rep. Josh of PC was great at every stage and the watch quality is perfect.

Adding pictures here from Tapatalk. Not too familiar with this app just started using. Let’s see how images work out.

89bdf67bea67581c2f2d0bbffa8695d4.jpg2de8d7b661d6b37a05f2bdf8917c9f7c.jpgedb650a9436c1064ce7606e3431a68f3.jpg0d2e454aea67ff138db715dbf869a8da.jpg0f473a4d00546cab16793e0f73f5c8ff.jpg783eb0a3e568747940667857722b8958.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by interzonez
Wrong headine

interzonez

I can’t edit the title. Maybe the mods can? Should of course be a 5167.

Glaude

Thank you for your review !

The watch looks very good, I'm a fan of the clean look of the strap and buckle once sized (but I don't like the fact that you have to cut it to do so).

Since you mentioned the lume, perhaps a nice shot of it could add to your review.

Enjoy it !

interzonez

Sure, here’s a lume shot in low light. And in darkness.

668f94057721cc2c0650e55251f9d83f.jpge9d727af283e18e095b276d7fe5b1a16.jpg

wdev

Nice review and a great looking watch. Thanks for taking the time to post this.

Enjoy wearing this (I have a feeling you will :D )

jasond

How would I go about getting one from him?  his website seems to be down?

Rod

Nice review! Today I had the chance to handle the gen and I have to say pictures don't do it justice...even without looking at the movement, the watch is simply stunning, no rep will ever be able to be on that level. It's hard to identify any specific flaw in this BP, as it's quite well made, it's just the overall feeling which is different...

joshjoe2

@interzonez Blimey the watch looks amazing! Very Nice pictures too :D Haven’t been on here for the past few months or so and therefore didn’t reply to you on my thread (Sorry!).  Just seen it as a matter of fact... Nevertheless enjoy your new watch!

Cristobal

The 5167 is a very comfortable watch and goes great with any attire!

Kace2006

Hi interjonez its been 4 or so months since you got your 5167.  Are you still enjoying it and has it been durable? 

PeriP

Nice review.

thank for the effort.

interzonez
Hi interjonez its been 4 or so months since you got your 5167.  Are you still enjoying it and has it been durable? 

Absolutely I’ve worn it quite a bit. Looks like new. The Mayota works great. Really is looking fantastic. Love this watch. Wearing it a bit less this summer as alternating with Speedy and Luminor.

raspymcnasty

how did you get your clasp to close all the way? Mine has a gap tooth

alanArgon

Looks Great - thanks for your post!

interzonez
how did you get your clasp to close all the way? Mine has a gap tooth

Good question! It has a tendency at times to separate very slightly. I usually just push it together and the clasp sides seem to lock into each other a bit more firmly.

I’ve not looked at it too closely to see what causes the clasp not to stay flush. I did read elsewhere a solution to this issue. Can’t recall where though. Must’ve been in RWI someplace.

REP

Whats the thickness like compared with gen?

interzonez

It’s very thin. I’m not sure difference with gen. I think it’s 8.5 mm on gen. And 9.5 mm on mine. Too close to call. It wears thin. And very comfortable.

Teverill

looks beautiful! can i just confirm this is from BP? Even the balance wheel seems correct :0

watchyouwatchmywatch

Hello all. I am coming over from RWI & the consensus there seems to be that the ZF Aquanaut is the best 5167a rep. There is not much talk of the PC Aquanaut. Can someone please let me know what the flaws of the PC are and what your opinion is on which one is better? (insert use the search bar comments here). Thanks :)

GingerApple

PC refers to Perfect Clones, the TD. It’s not a different watch.

watchyouwatchmywatch
1 hour ago, TheGingerFerret said:

PC refers to Perfect Clones, the TD. It’s not a different watch.

Got it. When everyone refers to PC aquanaut it is indeed from ZF factory?

GingerApple
2 hours ago, watchyouwatchmywatch said:

Got it. When everyone refers to PC aquanaut it is indeed from ZF factory?

No, it means Perfect Clones was the dealer that supplied the watch. This watch, according to the original poster was a 'Maker' watch:

On 05/01/2018 at 00:48, interzonez said:

The watch doesn’t appear to suffer from the so-called too greenish lume problem suffered by others with this model - though this is Maker and not V6F.