smooney

Just ordered my first genuine Swiss Watch

smooney

23373_A20-5125-43_CC-82_C1-_E597_D3_E50_Well after years and years of buying some good and some bad reps today I bit the bullet and ordered my first Swiss Watch

Oris Staghorn Ltd Edition

limited to 2000 

only small negative I have is the caseback, oris normally have a sapphire glass caseback that let you see the red rotar and the movement in all its glory, but this has this caseback I’m not sure if I would prefer a glass caseback.

FB6_D2_E36-_F1_D9-4719-_A952-_D0_B37_A6_

Honestly like a kid at Christmas here now, looking forward to receiving it tomorrow, and of course I will bore you all with my photos.

EE94526_D-96_DB-42_FB-_B9_C1-0443_C704_A

i would appreciate any feedback both good and bad from fellow enthusiasts.

C762_EC9_C-88_A7-4770-9411-31_AA590_AECF

Edited by smooney

Khronos

Now this looks the balls!! Well done mate!! I've never seen this one before..Expensive one, eh?

Please share some pics and especially a wristie or two :)

smooney
4 minutes ago, Khronos said:

Now this looks the balls!! Well done mate!! I've never seen this one before..Expensive one, eh?

Please share some pics and especially a wristie or two :)

Got it from AMJ watches online for 1.7k the fact that it’s limited to 2000 makes me think it will hold its value more than a normal aquis. But not the real reason I bought it, Rolie said I should look at Aquis as I was going Tag twin time at 1.8k but after some research and speaking to a few dealers I ordred this today. And photos won’t be a problem. Nobody in my family gets it.. “ a Watch is a Watch” is all I’m hearing,  so you guys are my guiding lights.  

Moondustesp

Congratulations enjoy it :Applause:

Khronos
6 minutes ago, smooney said:

Got it from AMJ watches online for 1.7k the fact that it’s limited to 2000 makes me think it will hold its value more than a normal aquis. But not the real reason I bought it, Rolie said I should look at Aquis as I was going Tag twin time at 1.8k but after some research and speaking to a few dealers I ordred this today. And photos won’t be a problem. Nobody in my family gets it.. “ a Watch is a Watch” is all I’m hearing,  so you guys are my guiding lights.  

It's your hobby and your passion, you're not buying it for your family! The price is very fair for a LE and certainly for such a great looking watch. You made a good choice, I can't think of a brand that is more meh than Tag Heuer..

Del

That is very nice indeed! :drool: 

I have an Oris Aquis Date and absolutely love it.

Looking forward to your pics! ;) 

jetpackmonkey

I agree that a glass caseback is nice, but in this situation I think the caseback with the coral engraving is great, and ties in the restoration work the watch supports.

Very cool dive watch!

smooney
25 minutes ago, Khronos said:

It's your hobby and your passion, you're not buying it for your family! The price is very fair for a LE and certainly for such a great looking watch. You made a good choice, I can't think of a brand that is more meh than Tag Heuer..

Yes that’s the majority of people thoughts on the Tag, the guy at AMJ Watches was really good, I was torn between this at the small second hand version of the aquis, he said look at the staghorn and if still want to swap it back over for the blue Small version, no problem. Really great service.

Hadn’t even looked at the staghorn till he mentioned it. 

10 minutes ago, Del said:

That is very nice indeed! :drool: 

I have an Oris Aquis Date and absolutely love it.

Looking forward to your pics! ;) 

Cheers Del I won’t disappoint with the photos 

smooney
5 minutes ago, jetpackmonkey said:

I agree that a glass caseback is nice, but in this situation I think the caseback with the coral engraving is great, and ties in the restoration work the watch supports.

Very cool dive watch!

Thank you, and I’m kind of coming round to this way of thinking, ltd editions should be different. 

WatchDog21

SweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeT!  :drool:

WMSuisse

The Aquis is a great watch, you'll love it.  Good job ordering it on bracelet, also check out their rubber/deploy setup- its really nice on this piece w/ a great micro adjust. Display back is nice but the movement is very plain undecorated nickle ETA with red rotor, not missing very much however if you found this was a keeper you could probably get a regular aquis sapphire case back to swap in/out as you felt like it.

Dylan88888

Very nice

Genius

Lovely, I'll echo that you don't miss anything with the closed caseback but you get that unique and very striking colourway in the front.

Really who cares about what your family thinks or resale values you're buying it to wear and I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

wrenches&watches

Looks pretty dope, I have seen a few if their watches I like to look at, just not sure I’d buy one. I just picked up my first, an IWC, love it. Wear it in good health!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bloon

Nice divers piece mate. Looks like Ceramic bezel. What color is the lume?

smooney
38 minutes ago, bloon said:

Nice divers piece mate. Looks like Ceramic bezel. What color is the lume?

Blue Lume I believe.. will update asap

smooney
1 hour ago, Genius said:

Lovely, I'll echo that you don't miss anything with the closed caseback but you get that unique and very striking colourway in the front.

Really who cares about what your family thinks or resale values you're buying it to wear and I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

After doing a bit of reading I found out orange is the last colour you will see as you dive, I had no idea... so that’s the reason for the striking orange 

Thommo82

Mine says hi!

oh wait.........

I don’t have one 

splke

Very nice but you know it's not swiss don't ya? 

Just fucking with you 

smooney
14 minutes ago, splke said:

Very nice but you know it's not swiss don't ya? 

Just fucking with you 

Grow up you .... lol 

k4jun

Congrats mate! I love the orange dw and overall fresh look of the watch. Subscribed for the photos:)

smooney
15 minutes ago, k4jun said:

Congrats mate! I love the orange dw and overall fresh look of the watch. Subscribed for the photos:)

Good stuff, thanks for the kids words 

smooney
2 hours ago, WMSuisse said:

The Aquis is a great watch, you'll love it.  Good job ordering it on bracelet, also check out their rubber/deploy setup- its really nice on this piece w/ a great micro adjust. Display back is nice but the movement is very plain undecorated nickle ETA with red rotor, not missing very much however if you found this was a keeper you could probably get a regular aquis sapphire case back to swap in/out as you felt like it.

I’ll check out the rubber option, and I agree on the caseback. Cheers for the feedback 

NFleischer

Congrats!  That's a handsome piece. Welcome to the Alpha male club.

markmarky

Great watch, reminds me of Oris Great Barrier Reef LE!!