Jump to content
Bensontuo

Regarding the transaction with Loco Louie

Recommended Posts

TheGingerFerret
52 minutes ago, mysterio said:

 (he could have just sent them to string the remaining customers along).

I really don't understand this logic. He's not taking any more orders, so what does he stand to gain? If he was a fraudster, he'd just keep everything, surely - our money, the watches, everything? Unless he wanted to induce people to place more orders in which case I see sense in the 'stringing along' theory. But he's not - so I don't get it?

Share this post


Link to post
mysterio
23 minutes ago, GingerBubba said:

I really don't understand this logic. He's not taking any more orders, so what does he stand to gain? If he was a fraudster, he'd just keep everything, surely - our money, the watches, everything? Unless he wanted to induce people to place more orders in which case I see sense in the 'stringing along' theory. But he's not - so I don't get it?

Your logic makes the assumption he's not taking any more orders. Do you know that for a fact? He's taken orders from members from not only RWI but other forums...fact. He's shipped a few orders...fact. His website is still open (contact info is still there)...fact. Like I said, once he ships all the orders, he can clear himself. Until that time, I am unconvinced.

You see no sense? Scams make no sense nor follow any pre-determined logic. Your experience probably drives your line of thinking. What I've seen regarding scams perpetrated in the replica forums drives mine.

Share this post


Link to post
TheGingerFerret
3 minutes ago, mysterio said:

Your logic makes the assumption he's not taking any more orders. Do you know that for a fact? He's taken orders from members from not only RWI but other forums...fact. He's shipped a few orders...fact. His website is still open (contact info is still there)...fact. Like I said, once he ships all the orders, he can clear himself. Until that time, I am unconvinced.

You see no sense? Scams make no sense nor follow any pre-determined logic. Your experience probably drives your line of thinking. What I've seen regarding scams perpetrated in the replica forums drives mine.

Very good point. I only know he's said he's not taking orders. Which is exactly what a fraudster would say.

Having said that, he wouldn't take any more money from me personally and I know of at least one other person in the same boat, but you're right, I don't know for sure.

If anyone has been allowed to place an order - I don't mean just via his website, but actually followed up by him with payment requests AND payment being made in the last couple of weeks, I'd be interested to hear from you on here.

Share this post


Link to post
mysterio

 

3 minutes ago, GingerBubba said:

Very good point. I only know he's said he's not taking orders. Which is exactly what a fraudster would say.

Having said that, he wouldn't take any more money from me personally and I know of at least one other person in the same boat, but you're right, I don't know for sure.

If anyone has been allowed to place an order - I don't mean just via his website, but actually followed up by him with payment requests AND payment being made in the last couple of weeks, I'd be interested to hear from you on here.

Unfortunately, we would only know if the prospective buyer is a member of the forums. If they chanced upon the site through other means, we won't. Anyway, that's out of our purview. Let's see what happens to the shipments that he's sent out tracking numbers for so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Jk1886

Well Is it replying anyone today or did he replied anyone so far since last week? 

Share this post


Link to post
ShylockEins

I’ve been sending him messages daily since last week, and so far, nothing ...

Share this post


Link to post
Shaans12

Can anyone guide me how to raise a ticket to get moderator help for issues with a TD? Thanks


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
drifterr
Can anyone guide me how to raise a ticket to get moderator help for issues with a TD? Thanks


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You will have to raise this once RWI is back up online. Should be in a few days.

He's on probation only on rwi. Sadly the mods here are unable to assist.



Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Shaans12

Thanks drifterr


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Jk1886
10 hours ago, Shaans12 said:

Thanks drifterr


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mods form RWI can’t get a reply from him at the moment, they’ve tried it for more than a week already. I would suggest you to wait, avoid putting more stress on the mods as they are trying their best.

louies customer service has gone Done drastically 

Share this post


Link to post
black263

Sadly, seen this many times before.  Someone has a great product at a fine price, but can only turn out a few a day.  He get's great reviews on the forum, and next day gets 200 emails ordering the product.  Instead of coming clean and saying he will take months to get around to clearing the orders, he takes the money and then starts ignoring the daily emails from each of the 200 who want to know why they haven't yet had their watch.  BK has the model right.  Up front, you know it may take months to get your watch.  That's fine, and you go in eyes wide open, and sit back and wait.  

Far better for this guy would be for him to  say there is a massive waiting list, you're number 150, and when he gets round to your build in a couple of months, he'll confirm you're still a buyer, and ask for the cash.  Sadly,  however it appears he won't admit the problem, won't admit he can't keep up with the orders, and continues to take more, getting deeper and deeper into the hole he's digging.

It's going to end one of two ways.  You all get your watch in the end, because he's honest but simply can't cope with the business model, or he shuts shop and walks away with the cash.  Let's hope it's the former.  Either way, continuing to swamp him with update emails isn't going to help your case, and may even tip him into the second option.

Share this post


Link to post
patnaboy

Damn it. My package is stuck in “enroute to canada” for almost 6 days. Hope it arrives. Usually once it leaves china I get a scan in Canada within two days.

Share this post


Link to post
Jk1886

lSslOtu.jpg

 

thought I’d do a close up dial shot. It’s a very nice dial, haven’t taken off this beaut in the past few days 

Share this post


Link to post
MetalMickey
On 15/01/2018 at 11:50, black263 said:

Sadly, seen this many times before.  Someone has a great product at a fine price, but can only turn out a few a day.  He get's great reviews on the forum, and next day gets 200 emails ordering the product.  Instead of coming clean and saying he will take months to get around to clearing the orders, he takes the money and then starts ignoring the daily emails from each of the 200 who want to know why they haven't yet had their watch.  BK has the model right.  Up front, you know it may take months to get your watch.  That's fine, and you go in eyes wide open, and sit back and wait.  

Far better for this guy would be for him to  say there is a massive waiting list, you're number 150, and when he gets round to your build in a couple of months, he'll confirm you're still a buyer, and ask for the cash.  Sadly,  however it appears he won't admit the problem, won't admit he can't keep up with the orders, and continues to take more, getting deeper and deeper into the hole he's digging.

It's going to end one of two ways.  You all get your watch in the end, because he's honest but simply can't cope with the business model, or he shuts shop and walks away with the cash.  Let's hope it's the former.  Either way, continuing to swamp him with update emails isn't going to help your case, and may even tip him into the second option.

Black263 is wise. I think he's very probably right, too. 

Share this post


Link to post
solitudex
lSslOtu.jpg&key=6484be97776f4c64d2853d41b4656676adba7bb3f0f4bfcec876cfae6219cb6f
 
thought I’d do a close up dial shot. It’s a very nice dial, haven’t taken off this beaut in the past few days 

Absolutely gorgeous! Glad that yours came through despite the storm of delays.

Share this post


Link to post
AP_Superman

What a crappy situation. I was going to order from this guy as well. Good thing I'm a slow buyer (in this case).

Share this post


Link to post
Breit-Ling

Yes, I also wanted to order from him. Hopefully everything will clear ......

Share this post


Link to post
blehbleh215
2 hours ago, Breit-Ling said:

Yes, I also wanted to order from him. Hopefully everything will clear ......

It will probably take a while for everything is clear. Many people are trying to order from him...Even myself.

 

Edited by blehbleh215

Share this post


Link to post
Dusk

In a nutshell what does he do? Does he modify a noob base like BK? Does he specialise in ceramic blusies?

Share this post


Link to post
TheGingerFerret
1 hour ago, blehbleh215 said:

It will probably take a while for everything is clear. Many people are trying to order from him...Even myself.

 

You're trying to order from him? Seriously!!?! What's that saying again; 'money', 'easily parted' etc?

Share this post


Link to post
JERHoudin

Good news, my Warchive watch FINALLY arrived! Bad news - it's on the wrong strap (which he promised to change) & doesn't work. The date wheel is getting stuck & there's possible an issue with the crown stem & clutch. Also a little mark on the AR inside the crystal. I've tried to contact him for several days to discuss.  Guess what that rendered...

After all this. Where's that little cartoon bubble that says 'SIGH.' 

Share this post


Link to post
Psssniper

I ordered 12/13/17 then I received an email but with no real information regarding sending payment.

I sent this 12/27/17 and have never heard back:

W-Archive
Not sure how to proceed here, are we using western union or paypal or? Also are you still accepting orders considering the current backlog?
Thank you
Paul
Kind of glad I didn't because at that time I still had faith. not so much anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
patnaboy

Hi Guys

Finally received my TT Sub from Louie. Its looks really good! I am very pleased. Payment was made Oct-26-2017 and watch received Jan-19-2018. Will try and post pictures soon. 

Edited by patnaboy

Share this post


Link to post
DR3M3L

Good to hear people are receiving packages :D

Share this post


Link to post
Luxuracer
6 hours ago, Psssniper said:

I ordered 12/13/17 then I received an email but with no real information regarding sending payment.

I sent this 12/27/17 and have never heard back:

W-Archive
Not sure how to proceed here, are we using western union or paypal or? Also are you still accepting orders considering the current backlog?
Thank you
Paul
Kind of glad I didn't because at that time I still had faith. not so much anymore.

Do you even read?

Louie stopped taking orders over two months. If you still want to order from him, wait until everything is sourced out. 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×