Bensontuo

Regarding the transaction with Loco Louie

ShylockEins
He did send me qc photos via WeChat for all 3 watches. But no timegrapher results for all 3. 

Thanks, mate.

Back in December, he sent me QC Pics of a watch I didn’t order ... I pointed his mistake, and since this, no notices from him.

Best,

GingerApple
6 minutes ago, ShylockEins said:

Thanks, mate.

Back in December, he sent me QC Pics of a watch I didn’t order ... I pointed his mistake, and since this, no notices from him.

Best,

Oh dear. That doesn't sound promising. Based on this thread, expect to receive the watch you didn't order in about a month. Oh, it will probably also be DOA and not oiled/waterproofed.

It seems the 'loco' in' Locolouie' refers to those of us who handed money to him!

Live and learn....

Inpakuto

Another RWI member received their hulk today. Watches have been showing up from him randomly, without him telling that they're shipped, so there's hope

solitudex
Another RWI member received their hulk today. Watches have been showing up from him randomly, without him telling that they're shipped, so there's hope

Any news of the condition of the watch in which it arrived?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

GingerApple

My watch that arrived DOA (referred to above) has now been serviced and is working well. Something had broken and needed replacing, plus it was 'as dry as a stick' as the watchsmith said, so clearly, never serviced by Locolouie.

patnaboy

having issues posting pics

Edited by patnaboy

patnaboy

tsEjTgl.jpgkELnoFC.jpgnmhrAii.jpgJHIDV3p.jpglVVVVPV.jpg

solitudex

That's stunning! Glad to see his watches trickling in.

mysterio
16 hours ago, GingerBubba said:

My watch that arrived DOA (referred to above) has now been serviced and is working well. Something had broken and needed replacing, plus it was 'as dry as a stick' as the watchsmith said, so clearly, never serviced by Locolouie.

Well at least the watch looks good outside (and you can't catch the fault in QCs that is if he even sent you those). His lubrication is as dry as his communications. :animal:

GingerApple

Well, a crap experience all round, but at least the legend of a watchsmith it went to has got it ticking beautifully and I like it!

64fh1z.jpg

72q6v8.jpg

mysterio
13 hours ago, GingerBubba said:

Well, a crap experience all round, but at least the legend of a watchsmith it went to has got it ticking beautifully and I like it!

64fh1z.jpg

72q6v8.jpg

Very nice. What improvements does it have over the standard watch (aside from being immersed in limbo for what seems like eternity)?

solitudex

I received my Navitimer from him two days ago. While there wasn’t any updates from him, whether QC or shipping, the timepiece arrived safely at my doorstep in a highly satisfactory condition. All functions working and the datewheel modded as promised.

The only snag is that he didn’t send the extra deployant strap as ordered. Reached out to him but no reply as of yet.

Hope to be posting some photos of the watch over the next couple of days.

mysterio
3 hours ago, solitudex said:

I received my Navitimer from him two days ago. While there wasn’t any updates from him, whether QC or shipping, the timepiece arrived safely at my doorstep in a highly satisfactory condition. All functions working and the datewheel modded as promised.

The only snag is that he didn’t send the extra deployant strap as ordered. Reached out to him but no reply as of yet.

Hope to be posting some photos of the watch over the next couple of days.

I'm feeling he's just shipping out stuff even if the order is incomplete (incomplete work, missing watch, missing parts/accessories) just to make the victims feel that they should be thankful for even receiving anything.

solitudex

The watch itself was in a pristine modded condition, and that was the stock order on the website. He might have honestly overlooked the additional customised order for a simple strap.

In light of his delayed fulfilment and radio silence, most of us have been heaping scorn upon him and his work, painting him with a broad brush as a criminal.

The fact of the matter is that the watches have been trickling in and a huge part of them, as far as the reports are shared, are in excellent condition. I would believe that if he had intended to scam, he would have ran off with all our money and not done any work on the watches long ago, than to continue working on them while putting up with the obscene onslaught of reminders from the community.

Luxuracer
1 hour ago, solitudex said:

The watch itself was in a pristine modded condition, and that was the stock order on the website. He might have honestly overlooked the additional customised order for a simple strap.

In light of his delayed fulfilment and radio silence, most of us have been heaping scorn upon him and his work, painting him with a broad brush as a criminal.

The fact of the matter is that the watches have been trickling in and a huge part of them, as far as the reports are shared, are in excellent condition. I would believe that if he had intended to scam, he would have ran off with all our money and not done any work on the watches long ago, than to continue working on them while putting up with the obscene onslaught of reminders from the community.

latest?cb=20121224184747

GingerApple
3 hours ago, Luxuracer said:

latest?cb=20121224184747

I agree too re the fraud/scam thing (and have said so from the outset), but his service is shocking and product mediocre.

10 hours ago, mysterio said:

Very nice. What improvements does it have over the standard watch (aside from being immersed in limbo for what seems like eternity)?

I've no idea, I'm not sure any. It's marketed as his own Watch Archive product, as in manufactured by him, but I've seen them elsewhere now so that seems to be untrue. It was supposed to be oiled, regulated, waterproofed etc, but that had not been done. Not good.

Edited by GingerBubba

solitudex

f5b2021f1cb9e5131f975f3c7efaa8e4.jpg

Apologies for the delay. Here's a shot of his modded Navitimer.

Swapped out the glitzy bracelet for a Horween Chromexcel leather strap. Loving it so far.

Still waiting for his reply on the missing deployant strap. But otherwise I'm most satisfied with his work on my watch.

reppin

I made numerous posts telling guys that Locolouie is not a scammer.  You clearly don't know what a scammer is like if you think this is how they operate. Louie bit off more than he could chew, he didn't realize the forums would open up the floodgates and he could not meet demand.  A normal businessman would just start hiring more staff to meet demand, seems Louie insisted on being a lone ranger and his reputation is stained now because of this.

To be honest, if he comes back I am buying more watches from him, even if it takes another 6 weeks to get the watch. 

JERHoudin
7 hours ago, reppin said:

I made numerous posts telling guys that Locolouie is not a scammer.  You clearly don't know what a scammer is like if you think this is how they operate. Louie bit off more than he could chew, he didn't realize the forums would open up the floodgates and he could not meet demand.  A normal businessman would just start hiring more staff to meet demand, seems Louie insisted on being a lone ranger and his reputation is stained now because of this.

To be honest, if he comes back I am buying more watches from him, even if it takes another 6 weeks to get the watch. 

Are you Louie in disguise or just nuts? Read the thread, his delayed watches are arriving riddled with problems & not complete of the services he advertised, which is why we all ordered from him in the first place.  What do you call that?

I cannot tick a single box off where he outperformed a TD, all of whom are faster, cheaper & offer a pleasant buying experience with after-sales support. 

Scammer, maybe not, but horrible business man & mediocre watchsmith, YES. I'd love to know where you're coming from... unless it's Louie's office.  

reppin
5 hours ago, JERHoudin said:

Are you Louie in disguise or just nuts? Read the thread, his delayed watches are arriving riddled with problems & not complete of the services he advertised, which is why we all ordered from him in the first place.  What do you call that?

I cannot tick a single box off where he outperformed a TD, all of whom are faster, cheaper & offer a pleasant buying experience with after-sales support. 

Scammer, maybe not, but horrible business man & mediocre watchsmith, YES. I'd love to know where you're coming from... unless it's Louie's office.  

I am talking from experience with my own watch and experience with LocoLouie. He sent my BR03-93 oiled and silenced. I made a post on RWI about it like a lot of other guys. It is an amazing watch and he also refused a large order I was trying to place after this scandal broke out, what kind of scammer acts like this?.  Other guys also got their 15400 with caseback thinned and they were all singing his praises. 

All of a sudden those guys are silent as if nobody ever got their watch as advertised.  check the RG forum and you see guys are getting their watches slowly and are saying how much they love them https://www.repgeek.com/rolex/284882-brand-dealer-block-looks-5.html    

JERHoudin
4 hours ago, reppin said:

I am talking from experience with my own watch and experience with LocoLouie. He sent my BR03-93 oiled and silenced. I made a post on RWI about it like a lot of other guys. It is an amazing watch and he also refused a large order I was trying to place after this scandal broke out, what kind of scammer acts like this?.  Other guys also got their 15400 with caseback thinned and they were all singing his praises. 

All of a sudden those guys are silent as if nobody ever got their watch as advertised.  check the RG forum and you see guys are getting their watches slowly and are saying how much they love them https://www.repgeek.com/rolex/284882-brand-dealer-block-looks-5.html    

A player's worth isn't determined on a single home run, rather their Batting Average. 

I'm sincerely glad you received your watch & are pleased with it, but you have to acknowledge the overwhelming amount of strike outs Louie has amassed. And to beat my metaphor to death, I wouldn't hire a player that had left a note on his locker & vanished from the field mid-game. 

(it should be noted I don't even love baseball, so this one came from left field).

oh dear, there I go again...

Inpakuto

Louie posted another update on his site. Said that he was willing to solve all problems with communication now. He probably won't, but at least we know he's still alive and working haha

drifterr

I just want to order his hulk insert..

Maybe I'll wait till things are calmer with him.

The good news is that he is not running away. He's here to sort out issues. Just give him time.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

MetalMickey
3 minutes ago, drifterr said:

I just want to order his hulk insert..

Maybe I'll wait till things are calmer with him.

The good news is that he is not running away. He's here to sort out issues. Just give him time.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Are you a Loco Louie sock, or do you just really want to be ripped off? :lmao: