Zitz88

Omega Planet Ocean Ceramic 42mm

Zitz88

Received my first Rep from Josh at PC....OMCPO42-103R....so I thought Id post a review for a) general knowledge and provide a service to the forum b) educate me on the gap between my knowledge, and some of the real hawk eyes on here with regards to how close it is to Gen. Apologies in order for the pics, will work to get better

First thoughts, very happy. Feels and looks good on the arm. There is one thing that has my eye when I look at it, I'm curious if others will point it out or if I'm splitting hairs. Kinda wish the strap was a bit wider, but other than working in the clasp (bit sticky to start) and the He release being frozen (non functioning) I am happy thus far

Has kept time right on against Ipad and IPhone, within 1 second over first 24 hours.

It has the Swiss 2824-2 which I chose instead of the Asian, hope that doesn't come back to bite me based on some of the things Ive read from some users who have worked on plenty of them. Fast beat and hack were non-negotiable for me though

Overall, happy with purchase...will be first of many I can tell. Hope this review is useful, as I am hoping to build some solid relationships going forward. If any changes for the future, please give me feedback and I'll adjust. Otherwise, I'll leave another review after 30 days or so.

Happy New Year to all....zitz

image1.jpg

IMG_1040.jpg

IMG_1041.jpg

Omegaman65

Great looking watch.  Congratulations. 

Zitz88

Thanks!....really like the Omegas; can see me getting additional ones :)

Robert11

Who’s the maker? I have both a 42 with silver numbers and the 45 with orange and love those watches.

Sent from my satellite phone.

Zitz88

Its from the BP factory....was going to try noob or jf next. Recommendations? (I know, depends on watch action etc) 42 has been nice, kinda curious about how 45 would look/feel   

Curious which of your two you prefer ?

Robert11

Mine are both noob. I like them both. I keep the 42 on the bracelet and the 45 on rep rubber strap with orange stitching and deployent buckle.

Sent from my satellite phone.

zinger

Can you post the link to where you got this one? Looking to pull the trigger this month on one of these!!!!

VitoScaletta

Here you go buddy -->http://www.pf-828.com/0-0-omcpo42-103r-p-ocean-ceramic-ss-ru-black-org-swiss-2824.html

I've been looking to get one of these this month too. Does anyone know if the movement is decorated like the gen 8500 movement?

From what i'm seeing, the noob (on offer for $218) doesn't have anything more than a decorated rotor. I'm seeing that this one has better decoration so i'm definitely eyeing this piece.

Bwatchful

Lovely, how’s the thickness on this? 

markmarky

Looks good. Congrats

stfrance

Very nice.. I do have Noob one but need to order this BP one.. Looks better.. Hope you to wear proudly..:D

amptor
On 1/13/2018 at 10:44, VitoScaletta said:

Here you go buddy -->http://www.pf-828.com/0-0-omcpo42-103r-p-ocean-ceramic-ss-ru-black-org-swiss-2824.html

I've been looking to get one of these this month too. Does anyone know if the movement is decorated like the gen 8500 movement?

From what i'm seeing, the noob (on offer for $218) doesn't have anything more than a decorated rotor. I'm seeing that this one has better decoration so i'm definitely eyeing this piece.

You are correct.  I paid $188 for mine.  $218 not too bad.  But now there is OMF factory with the same movement and full decoration with black balance wheel.  I don't know where to find the 42mm version though.  I wish OMF was $218 I'd buy a couple.

the_datta

Hell of a watch. Great choice 

charltonfan1

Does anyone know why the Noon CRPO's have dropped in price recently? Has the quality gone down or excess stock perhaps?

Zitz88

Almost... mine has the orange 6 9 12 numbers on the dial. 

PunkRockDoc
On 1/20/2018 at 09:04, amptor said:

You are correct.  I paid $188 for mine.  $218 not too bad.  But now there is OMF factory with the same movement and full decoration with black balance wheel.  I don't know where to find the 42mm version though.  I wish OMF was $218 I'd buy a couple.

Are the prices negotiable? The link you posted has the price listed at $328.

Mancster

BP factory or Noob, what’s the general consensus? 

VitoScaletta
On 21/01/2018 at 00:04, amptor said:

Zitz, how'd you get yours for 188? The list price is 328. I'd buy it in a heartbeat for 188.