stüssi

JF 16610 No Rehaut Review

stüssi

Hi all, 

Today I have received my new JF 16610 from Sead.  As many of you seem to be on the fence of whether they want to buy the watch or not I thought I make a little review. 

First of all, I already owned the first version of the LV last summer and was not impressed by it due to the bad datewheel and very wokky rehaut. However as I do not have a TC and I really like the 16610 I decided to give JF another chance. 

As you can see from the picture the rehaut now is not wokky at all and IMO looks great without the engravings. In addition to that I was positively surprised by the datewheel. It seems as JF has improved the font considerably and thinned it, however I believe it's still a tinny fraction to bold. I have decided to leave the watch for now as it is and wear it stock until the movement needs to be serviced. I also think the bracelet polishing, which was a bit too "deep" in previous versions has been addressed.  In general, I don't think anyone will ever be called out wearing this watch on the wrist. 

Lastly the bracelet of my old LV broke down very quickly  and so far the LN bracelet is holding up well but it is too early for a final verdict and I also don't know if they have improved the SEL connection or not. 

To summarise I can strongly recommend the watch to anyone looking for a nice 16610 which is good out of the box. For 400USD (shipping included) and the SH3135 movement there is not much to complain about. 

I am looking forward to hear your comments and thoughts.

Do you guys think a crystal and datewheel change is still a "mandatory" upgrade? 

On to the pictures: 

vn237.jpg

stüssi

vnjL0.jpg

vnZkq.jpg

vn1rQ.jpg
vehgb.jpg
vn8Nr.jpg
vnWWF.jpg
vni93.jpg
vn0GD.jpg

vnZkq.jpg
vnglA.jpg

vnrXM.jpg

vnR3a.jpg

thanks for looking! 

Rokerite

Nice watch and great pictures

BadPickle

maybe its the pic angle, but that triangle looks way way  off. 

can you post side by side pics of the wokky and non wokky rehaut please 

stüssi

I haven't noticed the triangle, will try to make another picture from the front later on. At least it is not something which I noticed in the QC pics and also not now in the flesh.

Unfortunately I sold the LV so I cannot take pics of the wokky rehaut.  I think it is visible here: https://www.intime02.co/rollie/3574-submariner-16610lv-ss-jf-1-1-best-edition-black-dial-green-bezel-on-sh3135.html

BadPickle

Didn’t you get QC pics of the LV? 

stüssi

found some old pictures - quite a big difference to the latest version. But love the LV, probably have to get that one too one day :D

vUnKx.jpg

vUe1k.jpg

vUM01.jpg

vUYqc.jpg

vUoYK.jpg

vUD2Z.jpg

vUPSm.jpg

Suk

It looks fantastic!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

stüssi

I just noticed that the bezel click could be better, does anyone know which clickspring from ebay is the best? Clarks? WSO? Thanks!

Thrasher

I think it really looks great, Though I would still change the DW. The Crystal looks very nice. Hope the bracelet issue is solved and I would say this is super nice.

Raphaeeel

Very good looking !

amstaffs

The watch looks good. However, at that pricepoint I'd still be patient and try to get my hands on a TC. The V6 and on might cost you 100$ more stock, but it has none of the weaknesses the JF comes along with.

Just my 2 cents.

Raphaeeel

TC v6 for 500 bucks !! Where is it ?

the_datta

Damnnice watch. For sure next on the list for me!

stüssi
4 hours ago, amstaffs said:

The watch looks good. However, at that pricepoint I'd still be patient and try to get my hands on a TC. The V6 and on might cost you 100$ more stock, but it has none of the weaknesses the JF comes along with.

Just my 2 cents.

Not sure I agree as the TC has the ETA clone whereby here you get for 400USD the SH3135 and now the DW does not look too bad.  Quite a nice watch without any mods. 

another wristy: 

LnAok.jpg

Nikosaldente

Looking great there mate!

I'm in the process of building the same on my own!

Enjoy wearing it in the best of health!

Cheers!

imjustabasicman

Could someone help me explain how to separate a "wokky" rehaut from the non-wokky one?

I am about to order myself a JF 16610LN aswell but i am afraid if i get a QC i might not be able to see if its the "wokky" version or not.

Thanks in advance.

Serkan

Would definitely change the DW, apart from that the watch looks great.

Edited by Serkan

bora12

Thanks for sharing.

I just bought the 16610 LV but I'm replacing with a gen LN insert, gen crystal, and gen datewheel. My QC pictures looked absolutely amazing. I personally think this watch is as good or better value than the TC. JF has seriously stepped up their game and everyone who I shared my QC pictures with (a number of pretty dedicated 5 digit sub lovers) were blown away with the quality.

If anyone is interested in seeing my QC album I'd be happy to share. I will be posting a review + a thread about my Franken project when I can.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Raphaeeel

I’m very interested about your Qc pics if you got a link to share I would very happy ! Thank you mate

RepTime
4 hours ago, Raphaeeel said:

I’m very interested about your Qc pics if you got a link to share I would very happy ! Thank you mate

You gotta pm him

RUSH2112

I guess I’m confused.  What can be wockier than a watch that is supposed to have an engraved rehaut that doesn’t have it?  The reason you want a well engraved straight rehaut is to make it closer to gen, how does not having it at all accomplish this?

RepTime
2 hours ago, RUSH2112 said:

I guess I’m confused.  What can be wockier than a watch that is supposed to have an engraved rehaut that doesn’t have it?  The reason you want a well engraved straight rehaut is to make it closer to gen, how does not having it at all accomplish this?

I think what he means is that the older version (with the engraved rehaut) was/is more wokky compared to the newer version (without the engraved rehaut)

the_datta

I think I would definitely change the datewheel. Gen is affordable but there are cheaper alts on ebay. I have also heard of people changing the bezel assembly too

GingerApple
On 13/01/2018 at 11:36, RUSH2112 said:

The older Gens did NOT have an engraved rehault; it was only the later models.

The older, non engraved versions are more sought after by collectors. At least that's what I read somewhere.

If you look on Chrono24 out similar, you can clearly see the older versions have no rehault engraving.