stüssi

JF 16610 No Rehaut Review

godkiller1

I also believe the date disc and crystal both require mandatory upgrade to gen because the date disc font is still terrible and the crystal's LEC is way too visible IMO

bora12
received mine today and I converted it into a superfranken 16613

zwxiDCk.jpg&key=09780958c0dd4c0a6a1d6d8768d6a2f64a065fe34211d6950c2376d46ca63226
That a gen 16613 dial?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Andrysoh

Love it! Thanks for the pics

godkiller1
On 1/29/2018 at 00:01, bora12 said:

That a gen 16613 dial?

yeah. Superluminova 16613 dial. It took me a year to find one in decent condition with a decent price.

Mercruiser
On January 9, 2018 at 07:57, pickledbeetroot said:

maybe its the pic angle, but that triangle looks way way  off. 

can you post side by side pics of the wokky and non wokky rehaut please 

Never noticed this before, but since  I read this post, I haven't seen a pic of the LN dial that didn't seem to have a misaligned triangle. I've recently received QC pics and wouldn't you know, the triangle seems off. Doesn't seem to be the case with the maxi dial.  Are there any owners who can post some pics of their LN dials?

Mercruiser
19 hours ago, godkiller1 said:

HNORtRc.jpg

Yes, very nice and a perfectly aligned marker.

I apologize for not being more clear. I was referring to the JF LN dial.

MrAbc

Tanks for the review and pics. 

dc2_bb6_cu2
On 1/16/2018 at 17:19, tripdog123 said:

You couldn't find somebody in the US to change the date wheel ? I don't think you looked very hard, or in the right places.

Correct. I had one US modder do some work for me last year, with great results, then he dropped off the grid.

Second modder gave me the run-around and tried to nickle and dime me after having received the watch. Felt as though he was holding the hostage, idk, weird experience and won’t be doing that again. 

Have yet to find another.

Edited by dc2_bb6_cu2

bora12

Just 2 minutes ago finished up my Franken JF. I will post pictures soon

dizzy

I got a JF16610 from puretime. It’s been back TWICE because the SH3135 movement keep stopping after a few days. Twice! And same problem still exists. Now I’ve given up and thrown it into a drawer. Not happy at all with their warranty service. I even told them I would pay for them to have it properly torn down and serviced correctly. But apparently nothing was done again and they just sent it back to me. Some day I’ll get some gen parts and have the movement rebuilt properly. 

GingerApple
59 minutes ago, dizzy said:

I got a JF16610 from puretime. It’s been back TWICE because the SH3135 movement keep stopping after a few days. Twice! And same problem still exists. Now I’ve given up and thrown it into a drawer. Not happy at all with their warranty service. I even told them I would pay for them to have it properly torn down and serviced correctly. But apparently nothing was done again and they just sent it back to me. Some day I’ll get some gen parts and have the movement rebuilt properly. 

Go to a local watchsmith or a forum recommended guy. They'll sort it. It's just bad luck dude, sometimes you get a lemon.

limws89

Just gotten a JF no rehaut LV. I know that it is not period correct, but I still went to install Prof black hole xtal and a gen dw. Amazing results (if you don't mind it being period incorrect). 054038a284cdea6cbfee7e35c40bf2aa.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Howitzer
37 minutes ago, limws89 said:

Just gotten a JF no rehaut LV. I know that it is not period correct, but I still went to install Prof black hole xtal and a gen dw. Amazing results (if you don't mind it being period incorrect). 054038a284cdea6cbfee7e35c40bf2aa.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Beautiful watch. When you say not period correct, are you referring to the lack of rehaut engraving? My understanding is that this was introduced around 2007, so gen LV Subs are available with and without engraving? 

drmdtsap

The LV’s with no engravement have no LEC-AR-black hole effect crystal. So a non engraved LV with a new type of crystal is not periodic correct, but still some gen owners do that kind of mode. So, it’s not a bad thing, and gen owners do not give a shit about it. Only when it comes to reps we become anal. Speaking for myself either way i would prefer a periodic correct 5digit  rolie.

elementsk7

might actually like this better than models with the rehaut

Ksaeed721

triangle seems a little off

NDJ

I'm resurrecting this old thread to ask owners of JF 16610's how their watches shaped up long-term?

I'm considering getting a JF but at US$400 it would be good to know what the reliability, longevity, and timekeeping of the SH3135 is like.

I'd hate to spend that much only to have the watch grind to a halt in a few months. 

Also, what is the date alignment like out of the box? Do I need to insist on QC pics showing different dates to make sure I get a good one?

And finally, how is the bezel action? I've read some reviews saying it's a bit loose.

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

GC
35 minutes ago, NDJ said:

I'm resurrecting this old thread to ask owners of JF 16610's how their watches shaped up long-term?

I'm considering getting a JF but at US$400 it would be good to know what the reliability, longevity, and timekeeping of the SH3135 is like.

I'd hate to spend that much only to have the watch grind to a halt in a few months. 

Also, what is the date alignment like out of the box? Do I need to insist on QC pics showing different dates to make sure I get a good one?

And finally, how is the bezel action? I've read some reviews saying it's a bit loose.

Thanks in advance!

I’ve considered buying one myself on many occasion, but the mandatory gen dw & x-tal replacement is a deal breaker when a watch exceeds $200

• Like 1

NDJ

I don't mind if the dw font isn't exactly right, but I do want the date to sit evenly in the window across all of the dates. 

Also I am fairly sure the crystal won't bother me.

But for $400 I'd want the watch to hold together and give good service for a reasonable period.

I would love to hear some long term reviews from owners.

sharkman07

I had two of these and unfortunately both movements crapped out. Cosmetically a fantastic watch but would have been far better with a more simple movement.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

GingerApple

I've had one for 18 months or so, no issues so far.

• Like 1

NDJ
5 hours ago, TheGingerFerret said:

I've had one for 18 months or so, no issues so far.

Thanks. Good to know they can potentially last for a while. How well does it keep time?

5 hours ago, sharkman07 said:

I had two of these and unfortunately both movements crapped out. Cosmetically a fantastic watch but would have been far better with a more simple movement.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Yes, if it was an eta clone that failed at least it could be replaced with a new Sellita. 

GingerApple

I tend to  rotate through at least one if not two watches a day, so unless my watches keep dreadful time, I tend not to notice.

• Like 1

NDJ
1 hour ago, TheGingerFerret said:

I tend to  rotate through at least one if not two watches a day, so unless my watches keep dreadful time, I tend not to notice.

What is the bezel action like?