GingerApple

Bezel realignment

GingerApple

Hi guys, 

I've got a bezel that's slightly misaligned and it's irritating me so I started googling to see how easy or hard it is to realign them.

I came across this useful looking tutorial for gen Rolex bezels which makes realignment seem fairly straightforward: http://www.watchwallpapers.com/bezel.html

Does anyone know if this is how all/most bezels are constructed? I'm looking to do it on my JHF Omega CrPO.

Is there a chance I could 'pop' mine off and never get it back on again, or is refitting the bezel fairly easy?

Cheers my fellow addicts.

GenTLe

I don't know about JH omega but in general they just have a spring wire inside. Easy to put it back, just fit the wire in the bezel and then push the bezel into position.

GingerApple
56 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

I don't know about JH omega but in general they just have a spring wire inside. Easy to put it back, just fit the wire in the bezel and then push the bezel into position.

Thanks for responding. 

Hmmmm, I hate being hopeless at these DIY things. So I took the bezel off and it looked like this. Does that look normal? I've tried to put it back together as best I can, and the bezel is on, but the spring/bezel obviously isn't in the right position because now the bezel doesn't turn freely like before - mega stiff. I'll have another look at it tomorrow  when I'm less sleepy.

35bsgvb.jpg

GenTLe

Exactly.
As I said, 1st you put the spring in the bezel (with spring end still in the watch head but totally unloaded, like it is in your pic), then you you move the bezel to the watch head (and the spring gets charged the more you make the bezel to reach its final position), and, once the bezel is in position over the watch head, you push it in position

GingerApple
3 hours ago, GenTLe said:

Exactly.
As I said, 1st you put the spring in the bezel (with spring end still in the watch head but totally unloaded, like it is in your pic), then you you move the bezel to the watch head (and the spring gets charged the more you make the bezel to reach its final position), and, once the bezel is in position over the watch head, you push it in position

Excellent, thanks so much for your help.  I suspect the spring is just wrongly placed or something, not seated quite properly. I'll take it off again when I have a spare half an hour. Good man!

GingerApple

And this is why I don't do DIY; I ballsed it right up! The trouble is there's a thin piece of wire, a ring almost, but with a piece missing - C shaped I suppose - that sits inside the metal part of the bezel (bezel housing?) and I think it's that C shaped wire that ensures the bezel housing fits the watch case tightly. And I think it's supposed to sit in a very thin channel that's designed to hold it in place, but it keeps coming out. The result being, a poorly fitting bezel housing thing. Arse. Next time I send a watch for service, I'll send this one too and have a pro sort it out! I should have stopped at the paint mod I did the other day!!!!

Rokerite

Looks exactly like one of my watches, you will get it on eventually, just stick end of click spring into the teeth of the bezel assembly and make sure it doesn't pop out, you will get it in..... eventually like threading a needle.

GingerApple
1 hour ago, Rokerite said:

Looks exactly like one of my watches, you will get it on eventually, just stick end of click spring into the teeth of the bezel assembly and make sure it doesn't pop out, you will get it in..... eventually like threading a needle.

Like threading a needle? Like threading a needle!!?! This bloody thing is like trying to thread a needle, with both arms tied behind your back, in the dark,  whilst blindfolded as a horde of angry Vikings throw burning hot coals at you. Fecking thing!!!!!

Although to be fair, my issue isn't the bezel spring itself,  its the C-ring thing (for want of a better word) inside the metal bezel housing.

Thanks for the encouragement though.

Rokerite

Lol there were a few f an c words uttered while I did it I must admit:giggle:

Luxuracer
3 hours ago, GingerBubba said:

The trouble is there's a thin piece of wire, a ring almost, but with a piece missing - C shaped I suppose - that sits inside the metal part of the bezel (bezel housing?) 

1 hour ago, GingerBubba said:

Although to be fair, my issue isn't the bezel spring itself,  its the C-ring thing (for want of a better word) inside the metal bezel housing.

You got it this far along. We need more pictures so we can share you frustration ... Kakaka!

When I first joined, I got harassed and grilled when I advice another noob not to try those "daring" DIYs. Those people who are really good at working with watches seem to forget how easy it is to freck-up watch's parts when you work on them the very first time. Damn, I even stripped the bracelet's screw!

I'm not giving up though. One day I will be able to swap a watch movement. :digging:

GingerApple
23 minutes ago, Luxuracer said:

You got it this far along. We need more pictures so we can share you frustration ... Kakaka!

I am never dismantling that bezel again! Not for photos, not for love, not for money. The end!