Joeytwotimes

ARF SD43 QC HEADS UP!!

Joeytwotimes

Hello everyone,

just quick heads up and some info to you all, and if any of my rwi mates are reading this please post this over there as i am not yet re-registered..

we have NEW problem from factory on this watch, first was the bad "28" font, now this got corrected in some batches and is fully corrected now. One member said "they fix one mistake and create another" well now we have a bigger one. As most as you know the caseback is meant to be engraved with text (original gas escape valve) etc and then filled with black ink..

now my latest one that turned up has no ink at all, none.. just engraved, i mailed td and am still communicating but he sent me a picture of another from his stock and it also has no black ink fill. Now how many have been affected? i thought it could be just mine, and then he showed me another so it has to be more, they are in big demand so are rushing them out.

now here is the thing, obviously i checked my qc and the "angle" that the photo was taken from looked ok, with the light reflecting the black ink looked there. Received watch and nothing

should new caseback be available as part to us affected?

now we have sorted 28 issue please ask for caseback good angle, maybe not a big issue to some i have spoken to off forum but i feel factory should not be rushing these out un painted..

cheers guys

Edited by Joeytwotimes

Wriggles

Sounds to me like it's a TD issue, if your QC showed it was ok and the watch you received didn't it would imply the QC were from a different watch and that's an issue that needs to be raised to the mods for investigation. If its a case that it looked fine because of the 'angle' then it's a very likely case of deliberate misrepresentation and definitely needs dealing with

Joeytwotimes
15 minutes ago, Wriggles said:

Sounds to me like it's a TD issue, if your QC showed it was ok and the watch you received didn't it would imply the QC were from a different watch and that's an issue that needs to be raised to the mods for investigation. If its a case that it looked fine because of the 'angle' then it's a very likely case of deliberate misrepresentation and definitely needs dealing with

Now its funny you say that, I ordered two watches at same time and SD had different order number on little bit of paper.I got an email straight after saying sorry watch is the same but our mistake we  put different sticker or something like that, it was difficult to understand through broken english, Now as you say "deliberate misrepresentation"  this i agree with completely and i asked why this was not picked up by the factory and by dealers own QC..

Joeytwotimes

Ok the mail from TD said  "Hi about the AR sea dweller, just we put the wrong label when we make qc images. I am sorry about our mistake"..

now i am looking again at my qc i am not hundred per cent it is same watch.. i am trying to figure how to post pictures ..

was the watch he sent me picture of with no black ink after i contacted him the same watch? hmmmm

Edited by Joeytwotimes

Joeytwotimes

Ok my qc and then when I receive Watch .. d73fda17591ce7c2519d1bd70dd030f1.jpgd90b829f6c85fc8d2abe01fcc68f3e56.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Khronos

2 different watches.

RussP

What are the tells?

I'm no expert.

Is the main difference that one has black ink in the etching and the other doesn't?

If so, why is that a bad thing when it is on the caseback and out of plain view?

Joeytwotimes
3 minutes ago, Khronos said:

2 different watches.

That’s what I thought, now after I questioned this he sent me image of the other Watch in his “stock” that is the same as mine.. now I am thinking is it the same Watch. 

deju
3 minutes ago, Khronos said:

2 different watches.

I thought that but QC Escape doesn’t look filled and the case backs are in the exact mm same place.

always love comparisons where the two pictures use different lighting and angles.... great work!

take a picture the same angle as TD. 

Joeytwotimes
5 minutes ago, deju said:

I thought that but QC Escape doesn’t look filled and the case backs are in the exact mm same place.

always love comparisons where the two pictures use different lighting and angles.... great work!

I also looked at allignment etc and it is the same. I think it’s just simply not filled in, the light reflection does play tricks 

Rokerite
11 minutes ago, RussP said:

What are the tells?

I'm no expert.

Is the main difference that one has black ink in the etching and the other doesn't?

If so, why is that a bad thing when it is on the caseback and out of plain view?

Think he means the "Original gas escape valve" and "Ring lock System"  engravings which are on the top of the rehaut and clearly visible on the dial.

Rokerite

Sorry my mistake he meant caseback when he said casebook. Ignore my previous comment :giggle:

Joeytwotimes
5 minutes ago, Rokerite said:

Sorry my mistake he meant caseback when he said casebook. Ignore my previous comment :giggle:

Bloody spellcheck lol 

Rokerite

I hate spellcheck, turned mine off lol

Joeytwotimes

Oh and the TD response when I sent pictures and asked if he could source me another case back was

”I have checked the stock, that is correct, Would you please try to take a front shot of my website image? that is no black ink.”

not really sure what  he means 

Khronos
31 minutes ago, deju said:

Yeah, I think you're right. Those 2 crowns on the caseback looked like they are filled with paint, but it can be the angle. ESCAPE really doesn't look filled.

Rokerite

These are obviously in high demand and are being rushed out hence the lack of paint. They will be the ultimate losers though as their product is in high demand for the attention to detail and if that starts to slip they will lose future potential customers in the long run.

Joeytwotimes

So please check your qc carefully.. one step forward two steps back 

Foxindebox
1 hour ago, Joeytwotimes said:

Ok my qc and then when I receive Watch .. d73fda17591ce7c2519d1bd70dd030f1.jpgd90b829f6c85fc8d2abe01fcc68f3e56.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

57 minutes ago, deju said:

Got to agree with deju on this one, looks like the same watch but pics at different angles, in different lighting.

Genius

No way those 2 are the same watch TD knows full well and is using bad English to skirt the issue...

One for the moderators assuming they are a TD here

Edit: could be the same watch... Agreed the case back position is bang on but the QC 100% looks to have paint fill?

deju
23 minutes ago, Joeytwotimes said:

So please check your qc carefully.. one step forward two steps back 

Mate I wouldn't worry about it too much, you could fill it in with paint yourself, after a bit wear even gens lose the paint fillings.

Joeytwotimes
1 minute ago, deju said:

Mate I wouldn't worry about it too much, you could fill it in with paint yourself, after a bit wear even gens lose the paint fillings.

Yeah I know I have done this and experienced this on sd4k.. have experience with gens also.

my issue is with the Watch being shipped this way and a bit of smoke and mirrors etc.. Just a bit bad from factory .. anyway just a bit of info, dealer is not trusted over here, but well respected on rwi

GingerApple
45 minutes ago, Joeytwotimes said:

Oh and the TD response when I sent pictures and asked if he could source me another case back was

”I have checked the stock, that is correct, Would you please try to take a front shot of my website image? that is no black ink.”

not really sure what  he means 

I'm not sure, but perhaps he is suggesting that if you look again at the image of the watch on his website, it also does not have black ink....?

Khronos

It's funny how their ability to speak English deteriorates dramatically when they sense there may be problems ahead :D

Rokerite
1 minute ago, Khronos said:

It's funny how their ability to speak English deteriorates dramatically when they sense there may be problems ahead :D

Selective English like selective hearing for people who pretend to deaf for their benefit lol