Joeytwotimes

ARF SD43 QC HEADS UP!!

Joeytwotimes
10 minutes ago, GingerBubba said:

I'm not sure, but perhaps he is suggesting that if you look again at the image of the watch on his website, it also does not have black ink....?

I also thought this so I sent him pictures from his website and others. 

Black paint all round.. 

Edited by Joeytwotimes

GingerApple
2 minutes ago, Joeytwotimes said:

I also thought this so I sent him pictures from his website and others. 

Black paint all round.. 

Are you satisfied it is ARF? Are there any other SD43s you've seen from other factories that don't have the black paint?

Joeytwotimes
4 minutes ago, GingerBubba said:

Are you satisfied it is ARF? Are there any other SD43s you've seen from other factories that don't have the black paint?

Yeah it’s arf, came in the box that arf puts its watches in also.. 

Khronos
16 minutes ago, Rokerite said:

Selective English like selective hearing for people who pretend to deaf for their benefit lol

:D

Joeytwotimes

Any thoughts on this @Raddave ? You think TD should do anything or do you think it is what it is.. it’s rwi TD .. 

cheers mate 

Edited by Joeytwotimes

Joeytwotimes

TD latest response ...

“That is because of the camera angle, the case back doesn't have the black color on those texts.”

Rokerite

I don't think you are going to get anywhere with your trusted dealer I'm afraid. If it's any consolation the paint always falls out of the engravings when the watch has been worn for a while anyway.

Joeytwotimes
7 minutes ago, Rokerite said:

I don't think you are going to get anywhere with your trusted dealer I'm afraid. If it's any consolation the paint always falls out of the engravings when the watch has been worn for a while anyway.

To be fair we are still talking but you may be right.. and as for paint always falling out I was hoping the paint may have been better on this arf than on the noob offerings so was going to keep an eye if at all it did come out, or if it lasted and for how long. 

Would be good to see other members sd43 and how the paint holds up.. 

Rokerite

As Winston Churchill once said "Jaw jaw is better than war war" hopefully he will send you a spare case back.

narikaa

Too late now 

but you shoulda asked Santa for one o these  (lifetimes supply of this problems fixative):

infill.JPG?raw=1

BTW regurgitating  'QC' photos is expressly forbidden on this forum :)

Joeytwotimes
3 minutes ago, narikaa said:

Too late now 

but you shoulda asked Santa for one o these  (lifetimes supply of this problems fixative):

infill.JPG?raw=1

BTW regurgitating  'QC' photos is expressly forbidden on this forum :)

Still got some from my noob sd4k.. and posting qc photos on a watch that I have already have in my possession for information purposes is forbidden?? 

Joeytwotimes

One image is qc and other image is not qc.. image I want to have opinion on is when I have Watch In my possession so not a qc image 

Edited by Joeytwotimes

Jimzkie
4 hours ago, Khronos said:

2 different watches.

Agreed, notice the last “ R “ on the OYSTER.   On the first watch is perfectly engraved but noticed on the second qc the R is not perfectly engraved definitely a small gap , just my opinion. 

Raddave

Frustrating yes , but in my opinion , you are better off the way it is , as mentioned before the paint will fall out , needing repainting , you have a virgin surface to work with , a little black nail polish will be the best thing you can do , and it will last longer ....

Joeytwotimes
1 minute ago, Raddave said:

Frustrating yes , but in my opinion , you are better off the way it is , as mentioned before the paint will fall out , needing repainting , you have a virgin surface to work with , a little black nail polish will be the best thing you can do , and it will last longer ....

Cheers mate.. will see if I can get a caseback at a reasonable price and then I can see how long before paints starts coming out.. and then as you say I have a fresh caseback to get started on if that happens.. 

GingerApple

I do think you should post the TDs name though - it's info the forum should be aware of.

Joeytwotimes
1 minute ago, GingerBubba said:

I do think you should post the TDs name though - it's info the forum should be aware of.

Not a TD here mate.. appreciate your input on this though :-) 

Chiquita Fanjita
2 minutes ago, GingerBubba said:

I think he shouldn't unless he makes this an official complaint with the TD and notifies a moderator or member of staff.

NCRich

Lot of fuss for a $2 bottle of Testors paint (lifetime supply).  Etza rep.  I could not tell that there was paint on it on your QC pic.  Right model, right factory, move along.

GC

BD73953_C-32_FF-4_C63-_A2_B5-_C3_B8_CF26

Joeytwotimes
18 minutes ago, NCRich said:

Lot of fuss for a $2 bottle of Testors paint (lifetime supply).  Etza rep.  I could not tell that there was paint on it on your QC pic.  Right model, right factory, move along.

Simply informing that some batches have no paint. Just like when people wanted to know about the “28” .. that was only a font, just a simple font.. just information mate 

Joeytwotimes

As i have previously mentioned, I know about painting caseback etc, have already done it on previous SD.. this is to inform people that some Batches may be unpainted. We had posts about the “28” font issue on rwi and now I am simply letting the forum know about this . As previous poster said.. we move on.. case closed.. case unpainted..

Raddave
59 minutes ago, NCRich said:

Rich , Acrylic nail polish lasts way better then Testors Bro , for some reason ..

GingerApple
1 hour ago, Chiquita Fanjita said:

I think he shouldn't unless he makes this an official complaint with the TD and notifies a moderator or member of staff.

And that is who you listen to, not me lol!!!!

Left Coast Guy

For what its worth, I think its the same watch.   Just the way the caseback is spun on the watch, the rotation of the QC looks the same as the rotation of the after picture. 

Either way, this is way to nitpicky for me....I mean its the back of the watch.