DallasGTA

What do you think of the De Bethune Dream?

DallasGTA

This is a rep of the De Bethune Dream.  I realize it may not be everyone’s cup of tea, but you must admit some creativity went into its design.  The jump hour function is unique as well.

Dream_zpsywurxojr.jpg

Here’s how it looks on the wrist.  I apologize in advance for my poor photography skills.

Dream%20Wristie_zpss7szafcf.jpg

I understand that a person should purchase a watch based on if they like it (regardless if others do), but I am interested to read your thoughts and comments on this watch.  Is it a yay or nay?

Wriggles

It's certainly different....not sure if different good or different bad....the great thing is everyone has different tastes!

greg_r

Jump hour is neat, but the case design is a ripoff of the Hamilton Ventura XL. Prefer the Hammy, TBH, and it's a whole lot cheaper, too ;)

RepGuy

Looks like something out of Star Trek 

Glaude

Kind of yay for me but not a very firm one !

Seeing your post history, I would love to see a SOTC from you :D 

KarmaToBurn
23 minutes ago, RepGuy said:

Looks like something out of Star Trek 

Coincidentally,  that's how they are listed on The Gate

https://www.dhgate.com/product/super-clone-1-1-best-edition-new-de-bethune/404492159.html#s1-1-1b;searl|0453251966

They look pretty close to then gen from what I can tell at a quick glance. The only obvious flaw is the time should have hours first instead of minutes. 

I like it because it's different and has that Ventura feel that Greg mentioned. Wear it well OP 

DallasGTA
42 minutes ago, KarmaToBurn said:

Coincidentally,  that's how they are listed on The Gate

https://www.dhgate.com/product/super-clone-1-1-best-edition-new-de-bethune/404492159.html#s1-1-1b;searl|0453251966

They look pretty close to then gen from what I can tell at a quick glance. The only obvious flaw is the time should have hours first instead of minutes. 

I like it because it's different and has that Ventura feel that Greg mentioned. Wear it well OP 

You spotted the same flaw I did.  I wonder why the rep makers would switch the hours and minutes.  Otherwise, I think this would be fairly close 1:1

KarmaToBurn
10 minutes ago, DallasGTA said:

You spotted the same flaw I did.  I wonder why the rep makers would switch the hours and minutes.  Otherwise, I think this would be fairly close 1:1

It probably has to do with the movement that was used. There's no way you'd spot that from a few feet away though and I'd bet that the vast majority of people have never seen the gen to compare it with :p 

Xpletiv

And since the hour plate just rotates it is not a true jump hour, unfortunately. 

I love De Bethune,  but I feel that this is one of their designs that is pretty boring. If you like it that's the only thing that matters, I hate rolex, everyone else can love them all they want, no difference to me.

MetalMickey

It looks like a pudendum to me I'm a fan of those, but not if this. 

fatarms

Does it shoot webs too?

Thommo82
4 minutes ago, fatarms said:

Does it shoot webs too?

Straight out of its vagina 

Grimmi
Straight out of its vagina 

I actually pictured this haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thommo82
38 minutes ago, Grimmi said: