Sign in to follow this  
swissaddict

My new Omega Seamaster Pro 2254.50!

swissaddict

FIRST, I owe a big thank you to JohnG, who, knowing I was looking for a 2254.50, would PM me regularly with links to sales ads that he came across while doing his own Omega search. I bought this watch as a result of one such PM from him, and I would not have seen the ad in time to buy the watch if it wasn't for JohnG's kindness. Many thanks, man. :lol:

I don't know what exactly it is about this watch that I love so much.. Maybe it's that it's a diver and a rugged tool watch, for sure, but the bracelet's polished parts add just enough dressiness to make it go well with business clothes too. It's versatile, simple, and classic. And, as an alternative to a Sub, I like that it's less common and less likely to have its authenticity questioned.

The watch is used and shows some wear, and I do plan to put in some time and elbow grease to bring the SS case, bracelet, and clasp to as close to new condition as I can. There are no substantial nicks or deep scratches that would bother me terribly, though, so for now I'm happy to wear it as is. Man I really like this watch!

Anyway, this post is not a detailed review, nor have I put in the effort of doing a proper photo shoot, but I was just so excited that I had to share a few words and pics. =)

2254_hold2.jpg

2254_hold.jpg

2254_wrist.jpg

And it glows like a torch!

2254_lume.jpg

Luthier

Great watch, very classy and elegant, looks just stunning!!! And it's perfect size for your wrist.

Congratulations!!! Great buy!

AllergyDoc

Nice pickup! You could guy a plane down with that lume.

oscarmadfish

love it :lol:

greg_r

Fantastic find, SA - enjoy! :lol:

KinCaidk

Beautiful!!

How much was it? :lol:

trailboss99

Nice pickup mate :thumbsup:

Col.

sconehead

I'm really happy for you. I've never really considered this model and have spent ages searching for a low priced 2531.80.00 (missed one with boxes, papers and a 2009 service for £625 last week!!!) but seeing your's on the wrist has now broadened my search. It look's classier imo to the usual blue SMP's and I think you've made a great choice, I honestly do... :thumbsup:

swissaddict

Thanks everyone, I am really happy with this one :thumbsup: If you ever get a chance to look at one up close, check out the dial..my pictures didn't capture the effect at all, but there's a great depth/texture to the dial and it's almost hypnotizing.

@kincaidk- mine was 1150 usd. it's interesting that 6 or 7 years ago the msrp for this model was only 1750usd, and after AD discount they sold for around 1250-1300 brand new... right now that's what a typical used (90%+ condition) one goes for. I guess that's evidence of Omega moving up in the world and becoming more of a value-holding luxury brand. I also think demand for this particular model has increased in the used market since it was recently discontinued, which has bumped up the going prices as well.

onzenuub

Nice watch you bought.

jameo210369

Stunning SA, pure stunning. like you I love the dial the wave affect is pure hypnotic.

iabounty

Congratulations SA. A wonderful watch and a great deal as well. That lume is fantastic..........

You could guide a plane down with that lume..... :lol:

Doc, sorry, I just could not resist......... :beer:

bene3

Fantastic watch SA, the pics also came out great.

R2D4

That's a keeper SA. I have 2 straps coming inbound for this model. I am making a franken soon. I will post some pics when they arrive. Do you have a 2531.80 to keep it company? :o