Sign in to follow this  
kolchak

aftermarket pan bracelet on ebay

kolchak

thanks to Balad I'm cruising Ebay for pan straps & found these aftermarket bracelets. They look good but wondering if they are noticably better then an average rep bracelet? info from the listing -

24mm STEEL BRACELET STRAP FOR 44mm PANERAI WATCH

Highest Quality - UK Seller

Starting bid: £39.99

This is an auction for a high quality brand new stainless steel replacement bracelet for a Panerai watch with 24mm end lugs. This bracelet is heavy and the links are tight. It will make a good replacement or spare for your full size 44mm PAM. The strap fits up to an 8.5 inch wrist comfortably.

It is a heavy stainless steel linked wrist band with full double deployment clasp. The Strap has the 'round sections' of the links polished and the rest brushed... so its not too 'blingy' and works well with both polished and brushed cases. Do not confuse this with cheaper versions - this is the BEST stainless steel double deployment replacement bracelet you can get. Please check my 100% feedback on these superb straps.

316L stainless steel

3mm thick. 24mm non tapering

Strap1.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/24mm-STEEL-BRACELET-...=item3f08f182b8

greg_r

I've bought from those guys myself. They're exactly the same as the rep bracelet that most dealers supply nowadays (which is very nice quality).

KeNnY

beware ! It is nice an heavy ! ;)

kolchak
I've bought from those guys myself. They're exactly the same as the rep bracelet that most dealers supply nowadays (which is very nice quality).

Greg - do you know if this is the same bracelet that comes on robert's 328? The 328 is the only pan SS rep bracelet I've seen.

greg_r

No it isn't. The one on eBay is the old-style bracelet (for the original screw lugs) and won't fit newer watches such as the 328 that have the so-called quick-release lugs.

kolchak
No it isn't. The one on eBay is the old-style bracelet (for the original screw lugs) and won't fit newer watches such as the 328 that have the so-called quick-release lugs.

"So called" being the optimal words to describe the quick (to break) release lugs.

Is quality about the same however?

Thanks again

greg_r

Quite - I was so pleased to find that my 177 was the older-style screws and tubes. I've not broken a quick release lug yet, but they're so bloody fiddly!

Anyhow, yes the overall quality is similar although the older style bracelet feels a bit chunkier to me (different design).