Cdenim

The GMT BLNR-ighted

Cdenim
1 hour ago, GingerBubba said:

Shush. I will buy crazy bling if I want crazy bling.

Although I would swap this for a TC LV, so if you could just track one down for me, that would be great....

Let me know when you've got it for me. Ta.

Let him BLING!!!! that molotow paint is amazing. I just couldn't clear it and never dried right. O man. I'll try shooting that from the gun. it allows for a very fine even coat. VerdeBubba, how long did you let dry. And you my friend can hijack any post. I encourage it.

Now Mr. Lux..... here's how fate works out. I have something on its way, left italey yesterday prob ariving fri/sat. Just okay'd my qc's on the new arf deepsea. Which i have side by sides with gen, the dial color is exact. along with the font, spacing and hands look so good. I'd like to find that guy saying you didn't know what you were talking about in referance to the new arf. Anyway............ it should arrive same day as my little gift does, wait till you see next build.. all i'm saying

Cdenim

SBS.jpgSBS2.jpg

@Luxuracer Thats way closer than any noob i've seen. I'll start the thread over on rwi. Lets see if anyone wants to go toe to toe with the champ.lol Got some fun stuff coming up 

Edited by Cdenim
spelling

Luxuracer
14 minutes ago, Cdenim said:

SBS.jpgSBS2.jpg

@Luxuracer Thats way closer than any noob i've seen. I'll start the thread over on rwi. Lets see if anyone wants to go toe to toe with the champ.lol Got some fun stuff coming up 

I was the first one who said the ARF  D-Blue is way better than the Noob. I got shot down since I do not have a gen to do a comparation.

Luxuracer
31 minutes ago, Cdenim said:

Let him BLING!!!! that molotow paint is amazing. I just couldn't clear it and never dried right. O man. I'll try shooting that from the gun. it allows for a very fine even coat. VerdeBubba, how long did you let dry. And you my friend can hijack any post. I encourage it.

Now Mr. Lux..... here's how fate works out. I have something on its way, left italey yesterday prob ariving fri/sat. Just okay'd my qc's on the new arf deepsea. Which i have side by sides with gen, the dial color is exact. along with the font, spacing and hands look so good. I'd like to find that guy saying you didn't know what you were talking about in referance to the new arf. Anyway............ it should arrive same day as my little gift does, wait till you see next build.. all i'm saying

200.gif

Cdenim
51 minutes ago, Luxuracer said:

I was the first one who said the ARF  D-Blue is way better than the Noob. I got shot down since I do not have a gen to do a comparation.

And as it turns out, you were and still are correct.

fatarms

Cdenim, I've searched this board for Molotow that has been mentioned here and saw that it's a marker.  I went ahead and ordered one, found it for less that $5 USD shipped.  I didn't see an actual method for that other than mentioning to squeeze some of the paint out of the marker and then soak a cotton ball in it (to absorb some of the excess soluent?) before painting.  I've done paint mods with Testor paints in the past but was wondering if you knew a place other than RWI that isn't available now to find this tutorial?  Or is it that simple, just squeeze some paint out, soak a cotton ball in it, then use what's left to paint the indices?

As a side note, your method looks pretty spectacular as well.  But if I'm reading correctly, it's an airbrush technique?   Not something I can do in my basement :lol:  Your results look great though, congrats and I look forward to more of your posts on modding. 

tabuktime

@fatarms, this LINK at the other rwg shows the mod with some nice little pictures. Might be of interest...

fatarms
12 minutes ago, tabuktime said:

@fatarms, this LINK at the other rwg shows the mod with some nice little pictures. Might be of interest...

Thank you for the link, but that shows the Sharpie mod.  I was looking for some guidance on the Molotow method.  I'd imagine it's pretty similar but the step where you "squeeze some paint out of the Molotow marker and then soak it with a cotton ball" part was what I was interested in.  I'll probably just experiment and play around with the Molotow I have on order and see what I can come up with :)

GingerApple
4 hours ago, fatarms said:

Thank you for the link, but that shows the Sharpie mod.  I was looking for some guidance on the Molotow method.  I'd imagine it's pretty similar but the step where you "squeeze some paint out of the Molotow marker and then soak it with a cotton ball" part was what I was interested in.  I'll probably just experiment and play around with the Molotow I have on order and see what I can come up with :)

Exactly that! I use the plastic lid of the cotton bud box to squeeze out a small puddle of paint, maybe 1cm diameter. Dip the cotton bud in it and it will soak it up. Then paint the bezel. Don't worry about it going everywhere on the crystal/rest of the bezel - it wipes off 2 minutes later with a baby wipes! A standard baby wipe! I'm guessing slightly moistened kitchen roll would work equally well. Then just let the paint dry in the indices and you can do another coat later if the finish isn't perfect first time (depends on how picky you are). The first time I did this mod, it took me an hour because I was super careful/nervous. Now, knowing how easy it is to wipe of excess paint, it's literally a five minute mod from start to finish (for one coat). Just make sure you have the right paint marker 

Edited by GingerBubba

GingerApple
7 hours ago, Cdenim said:

SBS.jpgSBS2.jpg

Oooooh!!!!! Exciting!!!! Any chance I can see the QC pics in private?

Luxuracer
1 hour ago, GingerBubba said:

Oooooh!!!!! Exciting!!!! Any chance I can see the QC pics in private?

Sharing QC pictures is NOT allowed.

GingerApple

Go away. I'm going to have to take out a non-molestation order on you if this continues.