miamiwatch

need help in Miami MOD GMT

miamiwatch

Good morning guys,

I have a NOOB GMT CHS that I bought a gen insert and sapphire and wanted to know if you guys think I could handle the MOD by myself? Ive seen a couple a videos on youtube but still completly consider myself a noob with 0 experience on the past.

Or should I let a pro do this?

If so... anyone from Miami that could help me or know someone that could?

Thanks.

AP_Superman

Pay a pro to do it. Your first experiment should be on a beater watch.

NCRich

Very easy (and expensive) to screw up.  Those may not even fit, but I'm not familiar with that model.

WatchDog21
19 minutes ago, AP_Superman said:

Pay a pro to do it. Your first experiment should be on a beater watch.

+1 

There are bound to be "challenges" especially if this your first run at tinkering.  Look for a cheap beater and go to town on it for practice first

miamiwatch
8 hours ago, WatchDog21 said:

+1 

There are bound to be "challenges" especially if this your first run at tinkering.  Look for a cheap beater and go to town on it for practice first

Thanks guys, just what I thought.

Sorry for the question but do you think if I take it to a regular watch store (not the high end ones) they will be able to do the the job? Would I get in any trouble for bringing in a fake watch?

WatchDog21
57 minutes ago, miamiwatch said:

Thanks guys, just what I thought.

Sorry for the question but do you think if I take it to a regular watch store (not the high end ones) they will be able to do the the job? Would I get in any trouble for bringing in a fake watch?

I definitely would not go to an AD.  After that then it is a hit or miss chance.  This has been discussed before and one approach is to frequent local shops and just chat with the watchmaker.  Get a feel for the situation and then see if they may work on it. Get to know them first and establish a rapor

Have you considered our TD's for repairs?  Katt's Watch Repair

miamiwatch
On 1/17/2018 at 19:47, WatchDog21 said:

I definitely would not go to an AD.  After that then it is a hit or miss chance.  This has been discussed before and one approach is to frequent local shops and just chat with the watchmaker.  Get a feel for the situation and then see if they may work on it. Get to know them first and establish a rapor

Have you considered our TD's for repairs?  Katt's Watch Repair

Hey bro,

so I spoke with Katt and apparently, he doesn't do that kind of Job :S.

Does anyone now any TDs in the US that can get the job done?