fakewatchironman

Thoughts on this 6538 Submariner Project Watch?

fakewatchironman

http://ebay.to/2DiXykz

For sale on ebay.  I have a personal problem with a watch like this because a naive unsuspecting buyer down the road could be fooled into spending a fortune on this watch.  Bad news.

kilowattore

Sketchy. Pics show two different dials and two different movements.

fakewatchironman

I hadn't noticed that...  I will take another look.

fakewatchironman

Definitely a different dial in the pics of the disassembled watch than what is shown on the completed watch.  Nice detective work.

fatarms
7 minutes ago, kilowattore said:

Sketchy. Pics show two different dials and two different movements.

I don't see that.  The first pic is supposed to be the "watch you can build with the parts," not the actual watch parts for sale according to the description in the auction.  One of the pics shows the top of the movement but the others show the bottom side.  Unless I'm missing something in the pics?  Either way, I do agree this thing looks sketchy as hell.

tripdog123
2 hours ago, fakewatchironman said:

http://ebay.to/2DiXykz

For sale on ebay.  I have a personal problem with a watch like this because a naive unsuspecting buyer down the road could be fooled into spending a fortune on this watch.  Bad news.

A simple rule for buying on Ebay - or any auction site - If you don't know what you're buying - don't buy it.

The only part of that 'kit'  that's gen is the movement - and he doesn't guarantee that it's running - which it probably isn't, considering the dirty and  corrosion on it.

kilowattore
3 hours ago, fatarms said:

I don't see that.  The first pic is supposed to be the "watch you can build with the parts," not the actual watch parts for sale according to the description in the auction.  One of the pics shows the top of the movement but the others show the bottom side.  Unless I'm missing something in the pics?  Either way, I do agree this thing looks sketchy as hell.

You're right. Looking at it from my phone I thought I saw a blue screw on this pic

s-l400.jpg[/img]