Mkls

6263 Paul Newman Best Rep

Mkls

Hi all this is my very first post here so I appreciate if any experienced member can give me some suggestions.

I am very interested in a 6263 cream/off white color dial watch and I am wondering what's the best version from TD available so far? 

Ideally I want something look close to this:Rolex-Daytona-6263-Paul-Newman-Panda-11.

I search around and would found the following 4 models from internet, which one seems better overall? Do you guys think 3 smaller subdials looks better (picture 1,4) or 2 regular subdials w/ 1 bleeding subdial @ 6 o'clock (picture 2,3) looks better?

Subdials size wise, seems picture 2,3 with bleeding subdial is much closer size to gen? Among all 4 dial colours, I like the dial colour on picture 4,1 the most as it's not too white nor yellow, but subdials seems really small?)

IMG_0179.PNG.8d83274e3054184e313154a0270

2.IMG_0181.JPG.6b11b6f66625e70900b9f58bdb4

3.IMG_0182.JPG.8c52050da2cdc7836a7074606c2

4.IMG_0183.JPG.5073e73c4f9c8f74d60d802cfe5

Edited by Mkls

Mkls

I know sourcing Vietname dial  modding is the best but I don't think I will go to that expensive option. 

Since all TD replica's dial are imperfect, I really wish there is a way to rub-off the rolex coronet / name and simply change to any other name. Possible to do this?

blehbleh215

Welcome aboard :)

I can share with you my 6263 that I got from one of the TD. I had a discussion with the TD, she told me there is only one factory that is making the Paul Newman.

jAgTWYf.jpg?1

Edited by blehbleh215

Mkls

Based on the picture, it seems yours the same model as my Picture 1?

RussP

I'm happy with this one that I got from Marvellous Replica: 25936672908_98f6138cb7_b.jpg

It's not a Paul Newman, but it is good enough for me.

RussP

I do however, have a PN dial 6241, also sourced from Marvellous Replica: 25936933008_12408e36c3_b.jpg

freestone

Nice watches, I think I need one, too.

Mkls
6 hours ago, RussP said:

I do however, have a PN dial 6241, also sourced from Marvellous Replica: 25936933008_12408e36c3_b.jpg

Seems the size of subdials is much closer to the gen? (except the bleed of 6 o'clock)

d4v3

you have 3 tier levels for this mythical watch:

High end:

Phong/viet case: $1500

Hands: $130

Dial: $900

Bracelet: $500

Valjoux 72: $2000

Mid Tier:

cartel case, hands movement: $200

bezel viet:$200

Dial viet: $200 

Mod: $200

Low tier:

cartel with no mods: $200

aliexpress/DHgate: $20

There is a version that its was really good from a guy called David Wong whos builds were really well made, he scammed and dissapeared but sometimes watches appear in m2m section for $700ish.

all this version can be improved replacing the rest of the parts with gen/serviced/aftermarket available (crystal, pushers, crown, clasp, ELs, movement parts and so on) depending on how deep its your pocket.

andyboy

Not a review. Moved to General Discussion.

Mkls
1 hour ago, d4v3 said:you have 3 tier levels for this mythical watch:

High end:

Mid Tier:

Low tier:

There is a version that its was really good from a guy called David Wong whos builds were really well made, he scammed and dissapeared but sometimes watches appear in m2m section for $700ish.

all this version can be improved replacing the rest of the parts with gen/serviced/aftermarket available (crystal, pushers, crown, clasp, ELs, movement parts and so on) depending on how deep its your pocket.

Thanks, I just want to choose the stock cartel from TDs, but would like to get some opinions from you all professionals  which stock cartel 6263 pn dials nowadays is closer to what I want (I know buying an extra vietnam dial is the best but I am not planning to buy extra yet).

I search around and found those 4 models from internet, which one seems better overall? Do you guys think smaller subdials looks better (picture 1,4) or  bleeding subdial @ 6 o'clock (picture 2,3) looks better?

Subdials size wise, seems picture 2,3 with bleeding subdial is much closer size to gen? 

Edited by Mkls

blehbleh215

1, 4 for the contrast and pop :)

Mkls
14 minutes ago, blehbleh215 said:

1, 4 for the contrast and pop :)

Dial colour wise, I also like 1 & 4 (I am guessing it's the same watch  & color but just different lighting angle). However, do you think the subdials is too small comparing to gen? (Is picture 2 and 3 subdials size closer to gen, except the bleed)

Edited by Mkls

Rob9011
Thanks, I just want to choose the stock cartel from TDs, but would like to get some opinions from you all professionals  which stock cartel 6263 pn dials nowadays is closer to what I want (I know buying an extra vietnam dial is the best but I am not planning to buy extra yet).

I search around and found those 4 models from internet, which one seems better overall? Do you guys think smaller subdials looks better (picture 1,4) or  bleeding subdial @ 6 o'clock (picture 2,3) looks better?

Subdials size wise, seems picture 2,3 with bleeding subdial is much closer size to gen? 

all the quadrants of the replicas in circulation are slightly smaller, moreover the lumen of the hands are too long repeating the origins
b70e0358c8fb8ad98c91048d5998d35f.jpg

Inviato dal mio S8 utilizzando Tapatalk

fetasigma

Here is the dw/spinmaster with gen parts for comparison , not for sale though

daytona_6241_paul_newman.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

d4v3
1 hour ago, Mkls said:

All cartel dials have the same dial spacing proportions (all wrong in the same proportion) so just pick the one with colors you like the most, latest versions they made the bleeding less evident painting the 6 hr subdial,. If you want closer to gen, the modern 23j panda Daytona (not the 7750) has 1:1 case OOTB but chrono functions dont work.

39 minutes ago, Rob9011 said:

all the quadrants of the replicas in circulation are slightly smaller, moreover the lumen of the hands are too long repeating the origins
b70e0358c8fb8ad98c91048d5998d35f.jpg

Inviato dal mio S8 utilizzando Tapatalk

This one is not too bad since there is a gen called "big eye" and the subdials are bigger.

Mkls

46 minutes ago, d4v3 said:

All cartel dials have the same dial spacing proportions (all wrong in the same proportion) so just pick the one with colors you like the most, latest versions they made the bleeding less evident painting the 6 hr subdial,. If you want closer to gen, the modern 23j panda Daytona (not the 7750) has 1:1 case OOTB but chrono functions dont work.

1) seems my picture 1 and 4 versions have really small subdials which leads to a large subdial spacing from each other, while picture 2 and 3 versions have regular subdials w/ 6 hr bleeding which leads to a better subdial spacing closer to gen? I only have picture to compare with gen picture so I maybe wrong.....For real watch,  will bleeding versions  looks much better than zoom in picture?

2) which latest version are you referring to regarding the bleeding less evident painting the 6 hr subdial? (I only know there is another version which made the 6hr subdial smaller than 3hr9hr subdials to avoid bleeding but it looks quite strange to me so I didn't include as my option. Does the real watch looks better than the picture?)

3) do you have a link or picture about the 23j panda daytona you mentioned? I just tried to search around but only found those new Daytona but not 6263 Paul newman Daytona

Thanks a lot.

Edited by Mkls

d4v3
17 hours ago, Mkls said:

1) seems my picture 1 and 4 versions have really small subdials which leads to a large subdial spacing from each other, while picture 2 and 3 versions have regular subdials w/ 6 hr bleeding which leads to a better subdial spacing closer to gen? I only have picture to compare with gen picture so I maybe wrong.....For real watch,  will bleeding versions  looks much better than zoom in picture?

2) which latest version are you referring to regarding the bleeding less evident painting the 6 hr subdial? (I only know there is another version which made the 6hr subdial smaller than 3hr9hr subdials to avoid bleeding but it looks quite strange to me so I didn't include as my option. Does the real watch looks better than the picture?)

3) do you have a link or picture about the 23j panda daytona you mentioned? I just tried to search around but only found those new Daytona but not 6263 Paul newman Daytona

Thanks a lot.

1) Well for untrained eyes they all look the same, for the expert eye its way different it depends on the faults that you can live with, buy it as a base watch and laters you can add a better dial with gen specs so pick anyone you like it just make sure to ask your td for a non 6 bleeding

2)Check marvelous rep sub forum at TDs section

3) Search ref 116500LN JF 23j 

l2B9DoP.jpg

Mkls
6 hours ago, d4v3 said:

1) Well for untrained eyes they all look the same, for the expert eye its way different it depends on the faults that you can live with, buy it as a base watch and laters you can add a better dial with gen specs so pick anyone you like it just make sure to ask your td for a non 6 bleeding

2)Check marvelous rep sub forum at TDs section

3) Search ref 116500LN JF 23j 

Thx, guess I am only interested in vintage 6263 Paul Newman instead of new Daytona at the moment.

Regarding the non bleeding version, I assume this is the latest one you refer to?

(It looks like all 3 subdials are smaller than the bleeding version, and the font on subdials are not as white/clear as the bleeding version?)

IMG_0179.PNG.8d83274e3054184e313154a0270

GC

@Mkls

I would go for the non bleeding 6 subdial, the optical illusion of making all the subdials smaller works well. 

Here is a DW 6241, he did the same thing to his subdials (albeit, he used a different movement) to achieve a more balanced spacing. 

0998D06B-A68D-4B9A-9FFA-7B3857E8ECC8.jpg

Mkls
16 minutes ago, GC said:

@Mkls

I would go for the non bleeding 6 subdial, the optical illusion of making all the subdials smaller works well. 

Here is a DW 6241, he did the same thing to his subdials (albeit, he used a different movement) to achieve a more balanced spacing. 

0998D06B-A68D-4B9A-9FFA-7B3857E8ECC8.jpg

Comparing to latest version of non bleeding super small subdials (my picture above), DW subdials and subdial fonts does look so much better and closer to gen, too bad its no longer available. ......

I was surfing around rwg and found the bleeding version 6241 from other member is actually not bad (like below)? However, I couldn't found the bleeding version 6263.

VQSI8qd.jpg?1&key=463efbaffa37e56f4317f8

582824G01b.jpg&key=3f4365decfbfa23da1652

GC
13 minutes ago, Mkls said:

Comparing to latest version of non bleeding super small subdials (my picture above), DW subdials and subdial fonts does look so much better and closer to gen, too bad its no longer available. ......

I was surfing around rwg and found the bleeding version 6241 from other member is actually not bad (like below)? However, I couldn't found the bleeding version 6263.

VQSI8qd.jpg?1&key=463efbaffa37e56f4317f8

582824G01b.jpg&key=3f4365decfbfa23da1652

Yeah, I know that brick wall... @NCRich

NCRich
4 minutes ago, GC said:

Yeah, I know that brick wall... @NCRich

Yeah, I know where that is located.  :lol:

porschespeedster

Grab the cream-coloured one.

The cartel versions have low-quality printing on the subdials compared to gen, and if you get the cream coloured one then the printing's less obvious.

the_datta
On 21/01/2018 at 04:56, d4v3 said:

you have 3 tier levels for this mythical watch:

High end:

Mid Tier:

Low tier:

Damn thanks for that. Don't find info like that all the time