Yattus

First purchase - Cartier Ballon Bleu 42mm

Yattus

Hi Guys,

Looking to invest in a Cartier Ballon Bleu 42mm. A little research shows me that the V6F V4 with a 2824 moment is the closest to gen. I think it’s even listed as a ‘super rep’ on other forums.  I know there’s a review on here but it’s from 2013 so wasn’t sure if this was the same version (as version isn’t mentioned in the review)

Has anyone got the V6F V4 version or know any of the big tells I need to be aware of?

https://www.intime02.co/cartier/3430-ballon-bleu-42mm-ss-v4-v6f-1-1-best-edition-white-textured-dial-on-ss-bracelet-a2824.html

Thanks in advance 

andyboy

Not a review. Moved to General Discussion.

Xxxl

I’m very interested in this watch and was wondering the same thing. I’ve also noticed that there isn’t much info on the v2, 3- just the V4.  I would love to know how the earlier versions compare. 

BadApple

Given that V2 is an improvement on a V1 then you can assume the V4 is an improvement on any previous version.

It' doesn't take a post to determine that.  

Xxxl

It seems that the point of my post was missed.. Clearly each version is meant to be an improvement but what was improved and when. Dial, movement, crown, crystal, bracelet, etc- All these parts of the watch could have been improved in one of the V’s.

And as we know, not every update is seen as an impovement and sometimes earlier versions become favored for one reason or another.