fakewatchironman

Here is a fake 116610 / 16610 Rolex Sub to report - starting bid $300

fatarms

Aaaand..... reported.  116618 gold?  Even the description says it's gold.  People are idiots.

fakewatchironman
2 minutes ago, fatarms said:

Aaaand..... reported.  116618 gold?  Even the description says it's gold.  People are idiots.

And the sticker on the back lol

fatarms

Right?  :lol:

Thommo82

Payment sent 

Dusk
8 minutes ago, Thommo82 said:

Payment sent 

Payment received 

Thommo82
3 minutes ago, Dusk said:

Payment received 

QC pics? 

SeniorChief5352

0 Feedback - on eBay.... What could possibly go wrong!  In for 2...  :beer3:

Rx4Time

I was kind enough to explain in a message to seller how this moron has listed an obvious fake.  I reported it for good measure. 

k4jun

OP, what's the reason for posting the links to "ebay.to" instead of the links to a direct local listing?

Rx4Time

oh, and the classic response...

Sir new as in no one has ever owned it, meaning it comes with original box and all papers!

Thommo82
39 minutes ago, teddy875 said:

oh, and the classic response...

Sir new as in no one has ever owned it, meaning it comes with original box and all papers!

Tell him to relist it for $6,590

tripdog123

He withdrew - prematurely IMO.

SteveA

Can I have two please as I love the gold colour

Rx4Time

....oh, and it has a cerachrom insert...and a glidelock clasp

:giggle:

fakewatchironman
2 hours ago, k4jun said:

OP, what's the reason for posting the links to "ebay.to" instead of the links to a direct local listing?

Just a bitly google chrome extension that shortens links

trailboss99

Polished stainless steel hands with luminescent fill.

:rofl: Oh r'ly?  Could have sworn they were supposed to be white gold. 

Dusk

Is it a fake or a replica? Can anyone explain the difference?

fakewatchironman
3 hours ago, Dusk said:

Is it a fake or a replica? Can anyone explain the difference?

A replica is a fake.  Both are considered counterfeit under the law.  However some people are listing replicas as genuine and hoping to get close to market value that a gen would get.  That's what this guy did.  The terms clone, fake, replica, counterfeit can all be used interchangeably.  There really is no difference under the law.  But when a guy sells a replica/clone/fake as a genuine, then he could also face fraud and theft charges rather than only trademark infringement/trademark counterfeiting  charges, and the cops/FBI likely take this more seriously than standard selling of a replica.  When a victim makes a police/FBI report that says he bought a $200 replica for $6000, then that will get their attention a lot more than if they see a guy selling a replica as a replica on craigslist and decide to do a controlled buy or 2 in order to build a case for trademark counterfeiting.  That's my take.  Also GAF probably is much more interested in this type of seller as well.

Dusk
18 minutes ago, fakewatchironman said:

A replica is a fake.  Both are considered counterfeit under the law.  However some people are listing replicas as genuine and hoping to get close to market value that a gen would get.  That's what this guy did.  The terms clone, fake, replica, counterfeit can all be used interchangeably.  There really is no difference under the law.  But when a guy sells a replica/clone/fake as a genuine, then he could also face fraud and theft charges rather than only trademark infringement/trademark counterfeiting  charges, and the cops/FBI likely take this more seriously than standard selling of a replica.  When a victim makes a police/FBI report that says he bought a $200 replica for $6000, then that will get their attention a lot more than if they see a guy selling a replica as a replica on craigslist and decide to do a controlled buy or 2 in order to build a case for trademark counterfeiting.  That's my take.  Also GAF probably is much more interested in this type of seller as well.

I agree with you. I was kind of being silly as the term 'fake' always comes with negative  connotations but replica seems ok. Just an observation. 

Keep up the good work man!

fakewatchironman
4 minutes ago, Dusk said:

I agree with you. I was kind of being silly as the term 'fake' always comes with negative  connotations but replica seems ok. Just an observation. 

Keep up the good work man!

oh okay right on and thanks