Sign in to follow this  
tictoc

Rolex Sea Dweller (Not Deep Sea)

tictoc

Hi Guy's,

I need some help to find a watch.

I'm looking for a version of the Rolex Sea Dweller before the Deep Sea version.

I found one on Lay's site but he is now saying that he cannot get it any longer.

If any one can help i would be grateful.

Just to clarify i'm not looking for the older (classic version) but on circa 1988 onwards.

Thanks for your help.

TT

pollux1
Hi Guy's,

I need some help to find a watch.

I'm looking for a version of the Rolex Sea Dweller before the Deep Sea version.

I found one on Lay's site but he is now saying that he cannot get it any longer.

If any one can help i would be grateful.

Just to clarify i'm not looking for the older (classic version) but on circa 1988 onwards.

Thanks for your help.

TT

Ask Mary (watchinternational) to source one mate. ;)

tictoc

silly question do you have the site address???

thanks

tt

tictoc

do you think i'm better contacting Mary?

Ska

PT Swiss is expensive. E-mail Mary ([email protected]) and include a photo of the gen.

Eiderdaus

i don´t fucking care if this is a trusted dealer or not, is there a rule that you must order there unless you know something I don´t ?

if someone asking he deserves an answer if it could be provided and not only go ask mary.

and btw here is the link to marys ssd http://www.watch-international.com/index.p...products_id=720

Balad1

This is Mary's website but with the reps, inventory and pricing constantly changing it is best to email a description and photo of what you want and she will check on the availability and price.

Website: http://www.watch-international.com/ email: [email protected]

Luthier
silly question do you have the site address???

thanks

tt

www.watch-international.com

But prices there are for general public, not for Forum member.

Better drom her email: [email protected] and send the picture of watch you want. If it's exist - she'll find it.

She also has section in Our Trusted Delars list.

Damn, Balad, you beat me...

:P

Balad1
i don´t fucking care if this is a trusted dealer or not, is there a rule that you must order there unless you know something I don´t ?

if someone asking he deserves an answer if it could be provided and not only go ask mary.

and btw here is the link to marys ssd http://www.watch-international.com/index.p...products_id=720

Listen up Fuck Head, We don't need one Noob advising another Noob to deal with a dealer who hasn't been vetted and listed here as a trusted dealer..

If Admin and Mods agree with your recommendation fine, otherwise pack sand!

PS: Have a nice day

Eiderdaus

so you are the rlx senior advisor pro? then you might lead us noobs to the best sd to get. i' m so exited getting hints and tipps from you

Ska

Hey calm down folks.

Balad - Eider's no Noob. He's been here longer than you and knows his shit. PT IS in the additional dealers section so although he's not got a subforum here he's known to be a legit dealer and skilled at finding rare watches.

Eider - balad's tone is usually very Tongue-in-cheek. It's just his way. Also Mary can and will be able to find any watch PT can source, and for less, and the OP has the advantage of admin support. It's a valid point bro. No-one was shitting on your advice though mate - PT would most likely have it but for a newbie he's best as a second choice that's all.

Member X

AIUI, the general unspoken rule is that you can mention other dealers on any given forum, as long as you make it clear they are not Trusted Dealers on the forum you are mentioning them on.

If you don't, and you just push n00bs and others towards un-Trusted Dealers, what's the point of the TD list??

They have been vetted and admin can push for problem resolution if one comes up. If the dealer isn't trusted, admin has no leverage over them and the n00b is on there own to fend for themselves - which is not what this forum is about.

Just my understanding, anyway!

Eiderdaus

so funny, looking for the postcount and entry date and guessing automatically everyone new to the fora is a noob.....but sometimes maybe guys know more than expected. a postcount does not automatically reflect the knowledge and maybe 3/4 of the posts are in the offtopic section or posts with a big added value like oh thats a beauty , wear it in good health, glws....

and sometimes mary can not source the same watches then others, that might be maybe very rare but it could be, take the tw best 16610 for example or how ever you will call it the wm9 v1 or supreme.

i know that pt is not a trusted dealer listed here, but not an unknown( maybe to senior expert balad) but me as a noob, i ordered already there because no one else could source the model. and yes he might be more expensive but if he is providing the supreme sd, since the v2 is not available anymore( following jackos thread on rg) i guess this is a good alternative. i personly have a modded ssd which is fine and most accurate to a certain point (specs are correct) and most important to me, it was waterproof( diving depth to 18 meters) ootb. i certainly do agree that the admins can support if trouble arise and to deal with the trusted dealers might be the smooth way but i guess this was not the question.

so balad what are you thoughts where to get the best sd and maybe you can share your outstanding experiences in sourcing the most accurate sd since the discontinuing of the v2. is the noob version now the best deal to go for? or maybe you have contacts from your broad experiences to wm9 and get one of the so awaited ones.

dingle

Ska nailed it.

You guys chill out for cryin out loud.

To the original poster--might want to consider posting a want to buy thread as well.

Eiderdaus

alright ding, i leave it :P

Balad1

Sorry Eiderdaus, I wrongly surmised you were a noob due to your advice not your post count or time on board.

Ska
:facepalm: tactful.

KBH

The only real good classic SD is the SSD. The earlier ones from MBK/MBW were ok at best but had the totally wrong HE valve.

SSD came in V1 and V2. V2 had a slightly better and more accurate bezel. These were supposedly from the TWB factory (Taiwan's Best), although I couldn't confirm that and don't really care. They also only came in ETA configuration. No 21j that I remember. Mark @ TS later had some Noobfactory ones with 21j but these apparently sold out quickly after the SSD was discontinued.

Jackjo was modding these on RG for the last couple of years and turning out some very nice models, just like BK does with his Subs. As Jackjo will tell you they are definitely no longer available unless you find one in member sales. He scoured through every dealer trying to pick up any and all of the last ones available and declared they are "officially" all gone.

DSCN1876.jpg

"That's my story and I'm sticking to it"

Ska

My knowledge of this model's history is very limited so given what you've just said KBH, which I'm sure is completely accurate. What version of SSD did Peedog just send me for reluming because it's brand new!

Eiderdaus

small end of the triangle is missing on that pic so i guess this is watchmaterial insert. got the same and it drives me mad :facepalm: since the gen 16600 insert that i ordered was never getting to me.

KBH
small end of the triangle is missing on that pic so i guess this is watchmaterial insert. got the same and it drives me mad :facepalm: since the gen 16600 insert that i ordered was never getting to me.

Good eye. It's since been changed with a gen insert.

rolexpearl.jpg

What version of SSD did Peedog just send me for reluming because it's brand new!

Probably one of the Noobfactory one's from TS if it's not an older SSD. I can't say for sure cause I never saw one of them up close.

If you weren't so far away I'd probably be sending you mine for a relume. The original lume's starting to get yellow, while the hands and pearl are still bright white.

Eiderdaus

i wonder if the black engraving will disappear as well by using the watch in saltwater. this happend to my ssd