Sign in to follow this  
AllergyDoc

111 from PWC/T4D

AllergyDoc

I had 5-6 PAMs at one time and sold them all off, thinking I was done with them. Then Greg began posting mini reviews of his bargain buys from PWC/T4D and they began to spark my interest again. Recently, on RG, someone complained about HKTan's poor service and I chimed in that I was promised a free strap as compensation for endless delays but never received it. Aaron finally made good on the offer and I had a very nice alligator strap with nothing to put it on.

Thus the 111 from PWC:

3448847425_b2a6d61494_o.jpg

Greg had commented on how well these "bargain" watches were made. He's right! Construction is superb for a $99 watch.

3448847461_69082c6cf1_o.jpg

It comes with AR that looks pretty good. A little blue in certain angles but otherwise helps the dial to pop out.

3449662622_b3d4774002_o.jpg

The sad part is the HKTan strap doesn't fit! It's a tad too wide for the supplied buckle. I thought I was covered as a still have 5-6 extra PAM straps but the buckles are all sewn in. I was faced with the decision of either wearing the rep strap or this Toscana strap. I don't like the oversized buckle on the Toscana strap so I'll probably stick with the rep strap, which isn't too bad, until I can source a buckle that fits.

3448847521_787b4242a0_o.jpg

A final parting shot of the crown and CG. Very well made. Tight, no wobble at all. Nicely machined.

Lume is okay for a rep. Better than most, not as good as the Deep Sea.

Highly recommended for people who just want to get their feet wet in a PAM.

Luthier

Very, very, very good watch!!! Especially blueish dial. Just love it!!!

Who is PWC? T4D is Rob, but PWC?

Great pics too, btw.

Thanks, great post!

AllergyDoc

Time4Direct is PWC is Robert.

greg_r

That looks fabulous, Doc - not far short of the quality of my so-called 'Ultimate' 111 which was 3 times the price. AR is a tad funky, but looks good anyhow :lol:

Glad you're as impressed with Robert's PAMs as I am :beer:

@Luthier: the dial is actually black. The blue tint is due to the light reflecting off the AR.

sconehead

Just looked at T4D's section on RWI and the 111 he has over there for $99 states no AR? Am I looking at the right watch, got a link to the watch on his site?

AllergyDoc

I held the watch over a light bulb for 15-20 seconds before going to bed last night. The hour markers lumed brightly through the night, equal to my WM9 V2 sub with Superluminova, but the hands faded and were difficult to read at 4:00 a.m.

greg_r
I held the watch over a light bulb for 15-20 seconds before going to bed last night. The hour markers lumed brightly through the night, equal to my WM9 V2 sub with Superluminova, but the hands faded and were difficult to read at 4:00 a.m.

That's amazingly good for such a cheap rep. I'd be tempted if I didn't already have a 111h

sconehead

If I don't win the raffle at RWI, I'll be following Doc's example...don't own a PAM, so at this price, is this the best choice boy's, any other's to consider?

swissaddict

For that quality at that price... looks like a great bargain-- thanks for the photos!

greg_r
If I don't win the raffle at RWI, I'll be following Doc's example...don't own a PAM, so at this price, is this the best choice boy's, any other's to consider?

Well, there's the 113 - similar quality at the same price - just white face. Or there's the 233 I got the other day - $50 more expensive, but a seriously good watch.

If you like vintage, Robert also has a 112 of similar quality (looks like the 111, but there's no second-hand).

However, as it's your first PAM, I'd probably go for the 111 like Doc's. Classic model and a superb movement - it's probably the best place to start.

Luthier

I'm looking for Luminor Marina, date with cyclop, lume numbers, seconds @9, 44mm.

Searched all dealers sites, everyone has black, blue dial, but no white. I have this watch, but it's fantasy PAM - seconds hand is near the center. but with beautiful waffle dial. Bought in GZ for $40.

Any help?

DSCF0001-2.jpg

DSCF0006-1.jpg

greg_r

Luthier, you won't find a white dial with lumed numbers in a decent rep - if I'm not mistaken, I don't think there's ever been a gen with that combo.

White dials have lume dots around the edge of the dial - if you're willing to go with that, then there are options. If you MUST have a white dial with lumed numbers, then your best bet is going to be customising a sterile sandwich dial (i.e. respraying it) and building yourself a decent 'homage' watch. Take a look at Francisco's tutorial on customising sterile PAMs

Luthier
Luthier, you won't find a white dial with lumed numbers in a decent rep - if I'm not mistaken, I don't think there's ever been a gen with that combo.

White dials have lume dots around the edge of the dial - if you're willing to go with that, then there are options. If you MUST have a white dial with lumed numbers, then your best bet is going to be customising a sterile sandwich dial (i.e. respraying it) and building yourself a decent 'homage' watch. Take a look at Francisco's tutorial on customising sterile PAMs

Thanks, Greg! Will do.

But I didn't find Luminor Marina 44mm with day even with black numbers! Only black dials!

GMT has white dial, and it's quite nice watch, but I don't need GMT function.

Anyway, I just got reply from Mary, she found what I want, waiting for pictures.

greg_r

cool - looking forward to pics. Curious about what she's found :rolleyes:

jameo210369

Stunning looking PAM Doc and for $99, you have done well. Great pics as always.

iabounty

Doc, when your wife looks at you and asks you why are you wearing that and you get disgusted and think about selling it just PM me..............

prestigewatchco

Luther There are a few white dial Pam auto's the 104/164/090 all come with black or white dials also the 027 asian swiss is no longer available. The one you show is Chinese though and doubt you will find that on any dealers site save maybe watcheden. Anyone used to Panerai wouldn't buy it because of the sub dial possition thats why forum dealers don't carry them. There are thousands of simular watches available but not stocked for simular reasons

Luthier
Luther There are a few white dial Pam auto's the 104/164/090 all come with black or white dials also the 027 asian swiss is no longer available. The one you show is Chinese though and doubt you will find that on any dealers site save maybe watcheden. Anyone used to Panerai wouldn't buy it because of the sub dial possition thats why forum dealers don't carry them. There are thousands of simular watches available but not stocked for simular reasons

Robert, I found many fantasy PAMs, like mine, ofcourse, not on serious dealers websites. But I'm not buying fantasies anymore.

And I'm still a noob, so, to me 104/164/090 - is a puzzle. I need to spend a day to figure out, what is what, but I will do it.

All I want it 44mm Marina with seconds @9, date with cyclop and white dial. It's OK if hours markers is black.

So, what PAM is it?

Nobody carry such a PAM with white dial, I searched for weeks.

And... do you have it?

Thanks a lot!!!!!!!

prestigewatchco

Luther the 104 is the basic auto with date and sub dial for seconds with batons and numbers the 164 is the same but with numbers the 027 is simular but with an additional power reserve indicator at 6 the 090 is also simular but with power reserve at 4.30. Yes we have them all I am sure of most maybe the 164 I don''t have. By the way the PAM numbers refer to the black dial models but I used them to make it easy for the white dials

Luthier

OK, I searched, and here's what I found:

PAM104 and PAM164 - similar watches, just hours markers are different.

PAM090 has power reserve.

Robert, if you have any of these with white dial - I'll buy it right away.

PAM104VAL.jpg

PAM164.jpg

PAM090SS.jpg

AllergyDoc

While we're at it, I want another rose gold black seal:

3291458545_720dbcccb2_o.jpg

(That's a bad picture.)

prestigewatchco

Luther 104/090 for sure $99 on leather band in s/steel or Rose gold

Doc can assemble a ROSE gold black seal for you $149 with AR glass

jameo210369

Doc is god :thumbsup: