GingerApple

Latest arrival - ARF DSSD d-blue

GingerApple

New arrival as of five minutes ago! This poor ARF seems to be getting a bit of negative press, but I for one am a happy punter. I understand that those in the know have issues with the dial being too blue and the case being the wrong shape (and a few other bits and pieces), but perhaps that's why ignorance really is bliss. I've never had a noob one of these, I've never seen a gen in the flesh so to me, in my mind's eye, this looks like the real deal and equally importantly, with its 904L goodness, if feels like the real deal too. I love ARF bracelets!

2cpz40p.jpg

1z6rww3.jpg

tabuktime

It's a beaut! Wear it well, it's making you more attractive as we speak.

GingerApple
3 minutes ago, tabuktime said:

It's a beaut! Wear it well, it's making you more attractive as we speak.

In that case, I'm off down the pub that @pickledbeetroot drinks in; if even he can get some action when he wears a fake Rolex, I'm going to have the honeys flocking round me!

Robse1

Thats looks stunning ginger :D we need more pics 

GC

Really fella, really... two pics? Ha! I posted more pics of a watch I bought for someone else ;)

1 hour ago, GingerBubba said:

In that case, I'm off down the pub that @pickledbeetroot drinks in; if even he can get some action when he wears a fake Rolex, I'm going to have the honeys flocking round me!

My bad, forgot you were down at the pub... 

Luxuracer
4 hours ago, GingerBubba said:

New arrival as of five minutes ago! 

Congratulation on bringing home your new love ... buddy!

That is the BEST looking D-Blue ... and don't you let anyone say otherwise.

Now, even though you do NOT have a pretty face, you can proudly show that you have a pretty watch on your wrist ... Kakaka! 

Automotiveromance

That bezel does look fantastic! And the dial looks really nice under normal lighting, not as excessively bright as in the overexposed dealer pics.

Great looking watch, hope you enjoy it!

tickedoff

I owned a gen DSSD a couple of years ago. I sold it because it was top heavy, (not comfortable on the wrist).

I just bought the noob V7. Even if it doesn't get a lot of wrist time, I still want it in my collection. At the rep price....who cares.

To me , I can't tell the difference between my old gen and the new rep.

Don't overthink it, just enjoy it.

NCRich

That is a watch all right.  Glad you like it.

Hockey puck.  :rofl:

Nikosaldente

Great looking watch mate!

Enjoy wearing it in the best of health!

Cheers!

Thommo82

Looks good to me!

Wear it whilst drinking  shots of Blue Curacao and vodka

smooney

Love it, wear it well 

GingerApple
4 hours ago, Robse1 said:

Thats looks stunning ginger :D we need more pics 

Will do. The bracelet is getting a baby oil bath but I'll try and snap a few tomorrow.

4 hours ago, GC said:

Really fella, really... two pics? Ha! I posted more pics of a watch I bought for someone else ;)

My bad, forgot you were down at the pub... 

Shagged seven birds. Easy innit.

GingerApple
1 hour ago, Luxuracer said:

Now, even though you do NOT have a pretty face...

I need a friendly mod to edit this appropriately for me....

1 hour ago, NCRich said:

Big is beautiful! You've seen my wife, right?

GingerApple
54 minutes ago, Thommo82 said:

Wear it whilst drinking  shots of Blue Curacao and vodka

How did you know that's what I drink?:drevil:

WatchDog21

Very nice. I had one, sold it, now miss it and will most likely pick one up again.   Thanks for sharing.  Oh and yes, ignorance is bliss when it comes to those minor flaws.  My motto, if it makes you happy that's all that matters!

MetalMickey

Looks good. As for the "flaws", don't worry. A boss of mine a couple of years ago had a gen and I handed him my Narikaa-DSSD to compare. He could not tell the difference. So there you go.

Robse1
1 hour ago, NCRich said:

Rich, a nice Hockey Puck u know lol :D

Thommo82
1 hour ago, GingerBubba said:

How did you know that's what I drink?:drevil:

I’m amazing 

black263

It's a fucking Rolex.  What more is there to say?:dog-pooping:

Cdenim

Seeee,,, told you. Man i'm so happy you got it. Its just like i said, Its a stunning well done, well made watch. I love the way the 904 feels and looks. Thats a head turner for sure. ... The color of the steal is right there too. and the dial although off on the gradient...  still kills the noobs blue.. Its gorgeous in the sun... Very Nice My Friend...wear it in James Cameron-esk good health!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cdenim
9 hours ago, GingerBubba said:

New arrival as of five minutes ago! This poor ARF seems to be getting a bit of negative press, but I for one am a happy punter. I understand that those in the know have issues with the dial being too blue and the case being the wrong shape (and a few other bits and pieces), but perhaps that's why ignorance really is bliss. I've never had a noob one of these, I've never seen a gen in the flesh so to me, in my mind's eye, this looks like the real deal and equally importantly, with its 904L goodness, if feels like the real deal too. I love ARF bracelets!

2cpz40p.jpg

1z6rww3.jpg

Thats the money shot right there. Arguing back n forth on rwi. that insert is by far, best one done by any factory to date. You caught it right there and i couldn't in my whole write-up. it flashes over to that metallic whitish platinum same exact way gen does. almost exact color.... and those sel's .... so pretty

GingerApple
8 minutes ago, Cdenim said:

Seeee,,, told you. Man i'm so happy you got it. Its just like i said, Its a stunning well done, well made watch. I love the way the 904 feels and looks. Thats a head turner for sure. ... The color of the steal is right there too. and the dial although off on the gradient...  still kills the noobs blue.. Its gorgeous in the sun... Very Nice My Friend...wear it in James Cameron-esk good health!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers buddy. Now I just need to build up the arm muscles to carry it around all day!

drifterr
8 hours ago, GingerBubba said:

Cheers buddy. Now I just need to build up the arm muscles to carry it around all day!

Haha.. just wear for a week you will get used to it. 

What's funny is switching to a daytona, it feels very strange initially but you get over that quick.

Looks amazing mate, need more pics...

GingerApple
7 hours ago, drifterr said:

Haha.. just wear for a week you will get used to it. 

What's funny is switching to a daytona, it feels very strange initially but you get over that quick.

Looks amazing mate, need more pics...

I've worn it all day today and I'm loving it so far. Although it's chunky, I don't actually find it to be uncomfortable or top heavy as others have said; it's a cracking fucking watch in my view! Go and buy it people! I've not been able to take any photos though, sorry, as I've actually had to do some work today! It has given my (admittedly thick) shirt cuff a bit of a battering though. Top watch.

10mvbqu.jpg