RoninD

DHGate quality?

RoninD

I had a look, around $100 usd for a replica, but they don’t look AAA let alone clone. Anyone ever buy?

Wriggles

You'll need to go VIP for that info. I would say it's generally not the place for a newbie

Thommo82

Never heard of DHGate 

solitudex

I got a beautiful quartz nomos for $7. And it kept better time than all my automatics, rep or gen. Nothing of the high quality reps as far as I know.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

SliceMaster
1 hour ago, RoninD said:

I had a look, around $100 usd for a replica, but they don’t look AAA let alone clone. Anyone ever buy?

WTF is AAA???

Is this how you feel every day? 3ornj_YSs93wh_ZWa_Uhi_zps0wxdkmgs.gif

tripdog123
12 minutes ago, solitudex said:

I got a beautiful quartz nomos for $7. And it kept better time than all my automatics, rep or gen. Nothing of the high quality reps as far as I know.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Serious ? a rep quartz that keeps better time than a gen automatic, and for only $7, that's really quite something.

black263
1 minute ago, tripdog123 said:

Serious ? a rep quartz that keeps better time than a gen automatic, and for only $7, that's really quite something.

To be fair, most quartz (rep or gen) keep reasonable accuracy.  I've a dozen DW reps that keep excellent time, and I paid less than $4 each, including postage from Hong Kong to UK.  They're spares for give-aways that I have handed out to friends and family over the last couple of years, as it's cheaper to give the recipient a new watch when the battery runs flat than to replace the battery.

tabuktime

One or two of the fellas here have dipped theirs toes in the water over there...

I'd say that the likelihood of getting a stunning watch for under a hundred bucks is minimal, but it can happen.

Most use it as a litmus test for buying higher end, more expensive reps from a TD.  Some just use it for shits and giggles.

If you're gonna do it, message the seller and ask for photos of the watch they are sending you before they send it (almost like QC photos), then at least you can say Yay or Nay and know what you're getting.

Lastly, remember these are only beer money watches, don't spend what you can't afford to take a chance with (there's also DHGate buyer protection if you don't get what you paid for).

Good luck, join VIP and you'll get links to members' past purchases, and you can edify us all with yours.

Thommo82
6 minutes ago, tripdog123 said:

I’m in a state of disbelief 

I will need to rethink my entire existence 

watchboi

Jason007 from DHGate can get you very good watches for around $100. I bought many watches from him, and most have turned out awesome for their price range.

WatchDog21
3 hours ago, Thommo82 said:

Never heard of DHGate 

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

tenor.gif?itemid=4570350

Thommo82
14 minutes ago, WatchDog21 said:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

tenor.gif?itemid=4570350

Gotta be the king of something 

tripdog123
3 hours ago, black263 said:

To be fair, most quartz (rep or gen) keep reasonable accuracy.  I've a dozen DW reps that keep excellent time, and I paid less than $4 each, including postage from Hong Kong to UK.  They're spares for give-aways that I have handed out to friends and family over the last couple of years, as it's cheaper to give the recipient a new watch when the battery runs flat than to replace the battery.

Fair ? - who the hell said anything about being fair ?

Hinclimincli
1 hour ago, watchboi said:

Jason007 from DHGate can get you very good watches for around $100. I bought many watches from him, and most have turned out awesome for their price range.

Last time I looked, Jason´s shop was closed. Has he opened a new one under another name?

watchboi
41 minutes ago, Hinclimincli said:

Last time I looked, Jason´s shop was closed. Has he opened a new one under another name?

Not sure, I initially found him on DHGate, but since then just contact him directly via Skype. He now has a yupoo album, but also takes specific requests.

MetalMickey
6 hours ago, RoninD said:

Not AAA. AA at best.

NCRich

What is DhGate?

tabuktime
14 minutes ago, NCRich said:

What is DhGate?

5 hours ago, Thommo82 said:

Never heard of DHGate 

You two need to go on a fact finding mission. For the good of RWG. Venture forward bravely, you may see things men are not supposed to see.

Good luck!

RepGuy

I can get you CCC++ reps 

tabuktime
1 minute ago, RepGuy said:

I can get you CCC++ reps 

And quite possibly C*CK reps ;) ?

black263
1 hour ago, tripdog123 said:

Fair ? - who the hell said anything about being fair ?

True.  Forgot the rules for a minute. Sorry.

BadApple

Most on there are genuine replicas. 

manodeoro
1 hour ago, NCRich said:

What is DhGate?

C'mon Rich ... that's fun but not fair IMHO :hyenas: 

That guy is :digging:the web to find an Omega 2226.80 and I told him to have a look on DHgate, though the chances to really find one are lowwwww

7 hours ago, RoninD said:

RULE 01 :

If you dont want to be disappointed by Reps you MUST understand that AAA watches DO NOT EXIST ... unless you buy a Gen

When buying a replica you'll get something that can go from a crappy watch to an almost flawless copy, but no AAA

RULE 02 :

if you still want to buy a Rep (after reading RULE 01) and you've found something that could do the job on DHgate you MUST :

1 - PM the seller to ask (politely) him to send pics of the real watch he will send to you ... then ask (still politely) for some more pics if he did not send enough

2 - If he dont send pics (or dont answer) just stay away

3 - Decide if you'll take your chance (or not) if the seller send pics and the watch seem to be OK

4 - Cross your fingers and wait (if you order)

RULE 03 :

Don NOT order a watch just before Chinese New Year, even from DHgate.

Chinese NY is 16th of Februray this year so everything will close from 03/02 to 25/02 ... they almost close the country :happy: and honest sellers (there are some, even on DHgate) will tell you to wait until then

So wait until 25/02 then  go back searching.

NCRich
13 minutes ago, manodeoro said:

C'mon Rich ... that's fun but not fair IMHO :hyenas: 

That guy is :digging:the web to find an Omega 2226.80 and I told him to have a look on DHgate, though the chances to really find one are lowwwww

RULE 01 :

If you dont want to be disappointed by Reps you MUST understand that AAA watches DO NOT EXIST ... unless you buy a Gen

When buying a replica you'll get something that can go from a crappy watch to an almost flawless copy, but no AAA

RULE 02 :

if you still want to buy a Rep (after reading RULE 01) and you've found something that could do the job on DHgate you MUST :

1 - PM the seller to ask (politely) him to send pics of the real watch he will send to you ... then ask (still politely) for some more pics if he did not send enough

2 - If he dont send pics (or dont answer) just stay away

3 - Decide if you'll take your chance (or not) if the seller send pics and the watch seem to be OK

4 - Cross your fingers and wait (if you order)

RULE 03 :

Don NOT order a watch just before Chinese New Year, even from DHgate.

Chinese NY is 16th of Februray this year so everything will close from 03/02 to 25/02 ... they almost close the country :happy: and honest sellers (there are some, even on DHgate) will tell you to wait until then

So wait until 25/02 then  go back searching.

I live to serve.