Sign in to follow this  
JohnG

Another Oris Thread

JohnG

Super sexy, this is the 44mm (someone measured and said it is actually 47mm) reworked Carlos Coste quartz ProDiver fantasy with white dial. This one came from Silix.

I love this watch, although I have to keep it hidden when the gf is around. Actually, I don't have to keep it hidden, I just have to ignore it, if I pay too much attention she will know it is a new watch and will be pissed. I need to sell something, then I can "receive" the watch and show it off. :lol:

Anyway, as someone already said, the bracelet feels a little clinky but as far as I can tell the links it is solid, and I think really it is a relative thing; the watch is SO heavy that the bracelet seems like it should be a little heavier than it is...

The finish is nice, the bezel insert is engraved, though the screws are fake and glued to the insert. The pushers are nice and fat, the dial is simply gorgeous....

Anyway, here are the pics:

IMG_0830.jpg

IMG_0827.jpg

IMG_0826.jpg

IMG_0833.jpg

IMG_0831.jpg

IMG_0824.jpg

IMG_0835.jpg

IMG_0839.jpg

IMG_0840.jpg

dingle

nice watch and great pics with the 500D :lol:

Balad1

Super Watch!

Damn women, always try'n to keep a brother down...

KeNnY

Nice watch John ! :( I hope you will not get nailed by your GF ! :D Or better, you would like to get nailed no ? :D don' worry, women have an strange sense to find hidden stuff....

btw I would repaint the ceramic bezel insert with white enamel paint ! ;)

Balad1

No less "make up sex" is always better.

Makes me think of an ex...

We would be fighting and all of a sudden I'd get wood, grab her and the next thing you know we'd be like crazy people on the floor screwing, lol.

KeNnY
and all of a sudden I'd get wood

:(:rofl::D

crewldude

This really is a nice watch...and a great buy at $108.00!

KeNnY

John btw,

IMG_0826.jpg

is that rust that brown orange things or just some mess ?

jameo210369

another top buy JohnG and what a great price.

JohnG

I went and looked at it - the logo area must be reflecting something with color, because it is clean as a whistle, not a thing on it.

KeNnY

I went and looked at it - the logo area must be reflecting something with color, because it is clean as a whistle, not a thing on it.

could be camera awesomeness ! :( I really looks great John ! Please, if you buy the 51mm version, I want wrist comparison ! :D I am wondering to get the 51mm black or this 47mm black...

JohnG

could be camera awesomeness ! :D I really looks great John ! Please, if you buy the 51mm version, I want wrist comparison ! ;) I am wondering to get the 51mm black or this 47mm black...

Mary shipped my 51mm on the 9th. :D Will do comparison pics just for YOU. :(

KeNnY
Mary shipped my 51mm on the 9th. :D Will do comparison pics just for YOU. :(

ohhh that is sooo exclusive VIP ! :D

BTW I hope you will post a photo of the wristie on your GF ! ;)

Del

Very nice John. And congrats on successfully hiding it. ;)

I keep swithering over this one.....

JohnG
Mary shipped my 51mm on the 9th. :) Will do comparison pics just for YOU. ;)

ohhh that is sooo exclusive VIP ! :wub:

BTW I hope you will post a photo of the wristie on your GF ! :D

Here is a writy of mine, yesterday, the neighbor was shearing sheep, got this one of my homage 47mm SeaMaster Pro Chrono. This is a watch Omega SHOULD have made. The sheep was trying to get up so I held him down while they finished up, and got a wrist shot at the same time. :lol:

IMG_0795.jpg

IMG_0798.jpg

IMG_0801.jpg

IMG_0805.jpg

Balad1

Cool pics, reminds me of this video...

JohnG
;)

oscarmadfish
This really is a nice watch...and a great buy at $108.00!

$108 bloody hell where from ?

kolchak

Great looking piece, especially for $100. 47mm is pushing limit for my girlish 7 in wrist but I really want one.

Does it feel much larger then a DSSD?

JohnG
Great looking piece, especially for $100. 47mm is pushing limit for my girlish 7 in wrist but I really want one.

Does it feel much larger then a DSSD?

Yes, but mostly because of the thickness - it is a thick thick watch. But very cool.

Get it, if you find it is too big, just resell it. That is my philosophy. ;)

oscarmadfish

just ordered one :thepianohasbeendrinking:

JohnG
just ordered one :thepianohasbeendrinking:

You know there is an even BIGGER one out now, don't you?

:thepianohasbeendrinking:

Ska

John - that's fucking beautiful. Great pics too, pics 5 and 9 are stunning.

Interesting how many people have been waiting so long for this rep to come out. I wasn't really aware of it until now, but these pics have convinced me.

Sam's going to be PISSED. :lol:

It'll be the bigger one though. Can't abide quartz. (But that's just me, not shitting on your choice)

Congrats.

Oh - can't you just pretend you sold one of your watches. Just make up a really obscure one and take a trip to the "post office" - I promise you that this is exactly what will happen.

John's Missus: "John - what's that on your wrist!? :angry:

John: "Oh good morning dear, why its new my Oris Carlos Coste. Thanks for asking! - Isn't it beautiful?" :wub:

John's Missus: "John - What the fuck?! - you bought ANOTHER watch. What will we do for food and warmth? We live in a house full of holes in the middle of nowhere! WE had to scavenge steel covering an abandoned mine just to finish our fireplace!!! Now four over-curious Spanish children are dead and the police are fast closing in, I'm wearing 9 jumpers and the noodle soup's frozen over. :( How could you be so selfish?" :bitch:

John: "But my darling I just sold my (Insert incredibly obscure dress watch) to (insert fake forum member.) :Whistle: Don't you remember I posted it only last week. Surely you don't imagine I would risk our fiscal security, health and happiness over a mere watch?! I love and respect you far too much to even entertain such a childish notion." :thepianohasbeendrinking:

John's Missus: "Oh my love, thank heavens. I'm so glad to have married you. It IS beautiful isn't it. How manly it makes you look as the light from your welding torch strikes the ceramic bezel and catches the glint in your eye! Now sit down, thanks to the sheer masculinity of that gorgeous watch I now have the uncontrollable urge to give you a blowjob." :thepianohasbeendrinking:

John: "Very well dear. If you really feel you must. I suppose sacrifices have to be made." :69:

Balad1

Love it SKA,

John, rebuttal?