peppercorn

Perfect Clones? Does anyone have experience with them?

Glaude
11 minutes ago, peppercorn said:

Joni,
You provide great information and insight along with others in this great forum. Much appreciated.

Do you know of a link to ARF?

I looked in trusted dealers...;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ARF is a factory, like Noob, JF, BP etc...

You won't get any link to them, you choose a TD (with a website or just contact one by mail) and you pick an ARF model of the watch you want (If available from ARF factory). TD deals with factories and then deals with you, you never deal directly with the factory.

peppercorn

Ohhhhhhhh!!! Light Bulb Goes On!!

Shees...

Guys, I have to admit, this has been a real deciphering for me.

I really appreciate everyone's patience and help.

Glaude

Navigating the board with Tapatalk isn't a favour you’re doing to yourself, try it just with your mobile navigator, the site is optimised for that and very usable that way.
You'll find information quicker and they are more pleasant to read that way.

There's a lot to digest in the rep world, but be sure to check everything before pulling the trigger on the purchase or you'll probably end up disappointed.

As for patience, you're lucky you are in a very strange calm period on RWG ;) 
Usually people that make mistakes are instantanly flamed but they can amend for themselves and become good members of the community.

peppercorn
Navigating the board with Tapatalk isn't a favour you’re doing to yourself, try it just with your mobile navigator, the site is optimised for that and very usable that way.
You'll find information quicker and they are more pleasant to read that way.
There's a lot to digest in the rep world, but be sure to check everything before pulling the trigger on the purchase or you'll probably end up disappointed.
As for patience, you're lucky you are in a very strange calm period on RWG  
Usually people that make mistakes are instantanly flamed but they can amend for themselves and become good members of the community.

Thank you for the heads up.

I switched to tapatalk because my iPhone slowed wayyy down when I tried using the mobile navigator.
However, I agree it isn't as friendly in use.

Flave

Nothing but good experiences with Josh, but it’s been a couple years. Can’t vouch for recent service, but sounds like others have.

manodeoro

Thank you for the heads up.

I switched to tapatalk because my iPhone slowed wayyy down when I tried using the mobile navigator.
However, I agree it isn't as friendly in use.

IMHO ... for READABILITY and WATCHES COMPARISON you'd better use a laptop or a desktop.
Tapatalk and/or mobile browser are OK for texting and daily check.

sent from my Moto G5 Plus using Tapatalk

r0b9502
22 hours ago, peppercorn said:

It's interesting that you mentioned 'time keeping accuracy' , something that I do appreciate, as he supplies photos with each piece, one of which shows the watch on a time grapher.
At any rate, seeing the -1 spd and amplitude of 320 gave me hope.

Are these clone movements something that can be tweeked to make acceptable timekeeping?
Are they a worthy starting point?

Timegrapher results are almost useless. I suspect *some* TDs use this fact to send fake timegraph QC pics. Out of many I have purchased, only one, JF Grape Oyester keeps about perfect time (+/-2s  on wist, over days that I wear).

The fact is, these are crap movements. Just have to accept that. I still cant.

manodeoro
Hello. All!

New member here. I came across this website looking for a sub mariner clone of high quality. I found a listing for 'perfect clones'  in the stickies and have sunsequently found some very negative reviews about them. I'm wondering if anyone here can vouch for them?

1st POINT :

WHICH Submariner ?

116610 ?.. 114060 ?.. 16610 ?.. 14060 ?.. 168000 ?.. 16800 ?.. 1680 ?.. 5514 ?.. 5513 ?.. 5512 ?.. 6538 ?.. 6536 ?.. 5510 ?.. 5508 ?.. 6205 ?.. 6204 ?.. 620 ?.. what else ?

And here I'm not considering the variants, like A/6538, neither the two-tones or else.

I know that post should sound NOT really constructive but it IS ... just to explain how much you have to read and learn and how much the "history of watches" is wide and interesting

2nd POINT :

Considering you're new here I would suppose that when you write "Submariner" you refer to one of the two more recent models with date so the 116610 (6 digits) with ceramic bezel insert or the 16610 (5 digits) with aluminum bezel insert.

For the 116610 I would take the risk to say Noob Factory is the best option ... though I'm not really accurate with 6 digits.

For a 16610 LN or LV the best (at the moment) are those from JF Factory (though they used to have some problems with the bracelet SELs).

3rd POINT :

"Perfect Clones" is a dealer (a trusted one) but he doesn't sell "perfect clones" ... just the same Reps as the other dealers

And never forget there are NO perfect watch clones, just watch Replicas which could be almost perfect copies (rare), really good copies (more and more), average copies (most), bad copies or real crap.

So :

1 - pick the model you would like in Gen

2 - search which Factory doest the "best" copy of it (read the reviews)

3 - read reviews about the dealers and choose the one (ones) you would feel comfortable to deal with

4 - ask the dealer (dealers) you have selected if he (they) have or can get the watch you want (model + Factory)

5 - if the answer is YES ... send the funds

6 - cross your fingers and wait for QC pics

7 - accept or refuse the QC pics ... don't be TOO anal cause those are just "cheap" copies

8 - if QC pics accepted ... wait for a few weeks while the watch is coming to you ... crossing your fingers again because custom risks does exist (but rare)

9 - receive the watch and ENJOY

Just my 2 cents ... cause YES we have cents in EU too

Glaude
13 hours ago, r0b9502 said:

The fact is, these are crap movements. Just have to accept that. I still cant.

Every single one of the reps that have bought (TD or Cheapie from DHGate) I've been regulated by myself and a timegrapher and keep an excellent time, well in COSC standards.

But some have been a disastrous out of the box. Cheap movement yes but you can get good results out of them.

Explorr
On 31.1.2018 at 04:48, r0b9502 said:

Perfect Clones is reliable. He will ship the first available watch per your order to you. And he is quick

*note* if you are finicky, want another of same model, due to your perceived *big* defect, eh, he might not be so accomodative

+1

Be prepared when you order with him, he will redirect you to a strap site, you order a 'strap' for billing reasons, so that you can pay him through pp.

Welcome and show your stuff around once you get it. Write a review, share your experiences and read a lot.

Regards

E.

Explorr
On 31.1.2018 at 05:51, peppercorn said:

It's interesting that you mentioned 'time keeping accuracy' , something that I do appreciate, as he supplies photos with each piece, one of which shows the watch on a time grapher.
At any rate, seeing the -1 spd and amplitude of 320 gave me hope.

Are these clone movements something that can be tweeked to make acceptable timekeeping?
Are they a worthy starting point?

I have a Seagull St-19 in an Omega Speedmaster Pro. It's reliable and keeps great time, a minute off per week. The Asian clones of state 2824/2836 etc. are also very reliable and you can get them fixed by a watchsmith nearby since the parts of the gen fit.

But keep in mind, they are keeping time a quartz movement does.

On 1/31/2018 at 08:08, black263 said:

Timegrapher pics aren't worth the pixels they use up.  Toro doesn't send them as a matter of policy, and I agree with him.  I've never had a watch, gen or rep, that performs on the wrist the same way that's shown on a timegrapher.  Worst case is one that needs a repair as it's losing 30 minutes a day on the wrist.  Face up on the timegrapher, the error is only 5 seconds, but as soon as I wear it, it goes to shit.  And there is evidence that some dealers are posting fake timegrapher pictures (always by mistake of course).  

Where a timegrapher IS useful is in real-world regulating.  I wore my last rep for a couple of days in my normal useage and found it was running 20 seconds a day fast.  On the timegrapher, face down with the back off, so I could get at it,  it was showing 10 seconds a day slow.  So I adjusted it to 30 seconds a day slow (removing the real world error), and it's now within 0 and 5 secs a day fast. (it gains a few seconds while it's worn, and loses while it's on the bedside table.  

I think timegrapher pics are crucial.

1. They show the health of the movement (amplitude, beat error, I wouldn’t take a watch with big s/d variations - there might be more problems other than regulation).

2. They show how accurate they are.  One of my watches has +-0 sec/day on my timegrapher and the same in real life. Even after wearing it a month. My other watch has +8 s/d on my timegrapher and performs so in real life. 

Difference in real life to the timegrapher is in my experience a second max.

peppercorn

Oh boy, so much great advice, gained by experience here. So appreciated.

So far, in my reading, I haven't found information about NF.
Has anyone had direct experience with this factory?

Joyjoyk
1 hour ago, peppercorn said:

Oh boy, so much great advice, gained by experience here. So appreciated.

So far, in my reading, I haven't found information about NF.
Has anyone had direct experience with this factory?

Nf is noob factory..Heaps of articles on them.

watchboi
2 hours ago, Joyjoyk said:

Someone mentioned an "N8" factory to me, do you think it's the same? Or N8 is some other one?

3 hours ago, watchboi said:

Someone mentioned an "N8" factory to me, do you think it's the same? Or N8 is some other one?

For highest quality check R factory

peppercorn

NF is NOOB.....
I would not have made this connection, thank you!

watchboi
On 2/2/2018 at 14:06, 171796 said:

For highest quality check R factory

?

manodeoro
?

OMG ... Rolex Factory !
It's a Swiss maker

SteveA

Josh is as good as you will get and remember TD s on here are the best you will get in the rep world so buy with confidence

NDJ

One small thing that often goes unnoticed is that Josh always rounds down the price. For example if you buy a watch for $228 + $25 = $253, he only charges $250 to your PayPal account. It's an unasked for, nice, and in my case, appreciated gesture.