Sign in to follow this  
KBH

New lume from Rex's Workshop!

KBH

I'd like to share some pictures of my GMTIIC that just came back from Rex's workshop for service and lume. It's a beautiful thing!

GMT2lume.jpg

Below is a series of pictures comparing it to a new gen Seiko which had about the best lume I'd seen. First picture is after setting outside for about 10 minutes. The second is 5 minutes later. Both of these are at 4 second shutter speed. The third is after 30 minutes and 8 seconds shutter speed.The glow is actually much better in real life than what the pictures show.

DSCN3189.jpg

DSCN3190.jpg

DSCN3192.jpg

Other than the large Seiko hands, the GMT seems to hold lume better than the Seiko. I'm very impressed. This morning the watch was readable at 5 am when I woke up.

Thanks, Rex

greg_r

That looks great. I wish my PAMs and Deep Sea lumed as well as that...

jameo210369

In my opinion the loom should last all night, I have never worried about the loom myself. Like the thread KBH, what Seiko have you got??

Luthier

Who is Rex???

And how much?

Lume looks just GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KBH

Jameo - The Seiko is a model SKZ207K1 that I bought on ChronoShark as one of their specials about a month ago. Haven't worn it since. Kind of looks like a white SOSF. It's a real nice watch for the about price of a one of Josh's BeginMariners. If you like it PM me......I'll make you a deal.

Luthier - Rex is one of the modder/watchsmiths from RepGeek. Don't know exactly how much the lume was but full service of the movement and lume was a little over $200.

iabounty
Jameo - The Seiko is a model SKZ207K1 that I bought on ChronoShark as one of their specials about a month ago. Haven't worn it since. Kind of looks like a white SOSF. It's a real nice watch for the about price of a one of Josh's BeginMariners. If you like it PM me......I'll make you a deal.

Luthier - Rex is one of the modder/watchsmiths from RepGeek. Don't know exactly how much the lume was but full service of the movement and lume was a little over $200.

Well there you go Jameo......... There's your stag night watch with great lume to boot mate, and a gen. besides....... :Talk to the Hand:

jameo210369

KBH, thanks for the offer, I have checked the watch out and it has a white dial - I am looking for somthing with either a black or grey dial.

Thanks for the offer mate, much appreciated. Jameo

trailboss99

Yep, great lume job and a brilliant price.

Col.