MrHush

A7750 repair in LA

MrHush

Hey gang - 

been a while since I have posted... this whole 2 kids thing is kicking my ass and killed my budget for watches. That said, I have a favor to ask.... I need to have a rep fixed that is a A7750 movement. Any ideas on rep friendly watch repair shops in LA or Orange County? 

iamonline

Where is the second hand located? At 12'o clock, 3,  6, or 9? That will make a difference. My watchsmith refused to tinker with any 7750 with second at 12 and 6... something about messed-up gears.

MrHush

Seconds are 9. Are you in LA? 

Left Coast Guy

I think your best bet is to reach out to the watchsmiths on the forums.

I've been collecting for a bit now and while I've had some luck, I've not found any watchsmith worth recommending.   The problem is that many  Smiths are concerned that the mov't in your rep is shit, so they'll spend time working on it, it won't be fixable or they'll break something through no fault of their own, and you'll refuse to pay because they damaged your watch.   Or in their mind, you're asking for $200 worth of repairs (at their normal rate) for an $80 watch -- again they don't see how that math works out for them.   So you basically have to offer to pay upfront and give them a pass if they can't fix it or do damage, at which point some guys will say "yes" to free money, regardless of whether they can fix it or not -- I mean there's no risk to them at that point. 

If you're still up to take the risk, I was recommended Westchester Watchworks by LAX.  I've never tried them, but figured I'd pass it on.  Oh, and my only advice would be to go in-person to talk with them. Every time I've called places on the phone to ask if they work on reps, they've said no. In-person, most will at least take a look at the watch and maybe pop the caseback off.  

r0b9502
8 hours ago, Left Coast Guy said:

I think your best bet is to reach out to the watchsmiths on the forums.

I've been collecting for a bit now and while I've had some luck, I've not found any watchsmith worth recommending.   The problem is that many  Smiths are concerned that the mov't in your rep is shit, so they'll spend time working on it, it won't be fixable or they'll break something through no fault of their own, and you'll refuse to pay because they damaged your watch.   Or in their mind, you're asking for $200 worth of repairs (at their normal rate) for an $80 watch -- again they don't see how that math works out for them.   So you basically have to offer to pay upfront and give them a pass if they can't fix it or do damage, at which point some guys will say "yes" to free money, regardless of whether they can fix it or not -- I mean there's no risk to them at that point. 

If you're still up to take the risk, I was recommended Westchester Watchworks by LAX.  I've never tried them, but figured I'd pass it on.  Oh, and my only advice would be to go in-person to talk with them. Every time I've called places on the phone to ask if they work on reps, they've said no. In-person, most will at least take a look at the watch and maybe pop the caseback off.  

True dat, even in nordern CA

chefzorba

Maybe try and give Raul a call

https://www.sunsetwatchrepair.com/

He has been recommended a few times next door as a rep friendly watchsmith when this same question has popped up about LA watchsmiths who work on reps.  

I have not used him but the guys out here that have, are always happy with his service, communication and transparency.