jasonwu

Just saying Hi from Canada :)

GingerApple
8 minutes ago, 88juniorfan said:

The Six Nations reserve is still there. My father just got his Native status, actually. Never had any interest in it until now oddly enough. 

I'm one generation too far out to get it. 

Your dad's going to have to sort you out then!

By the way, sorry OP for the thread hijack. Although that does tend to happen quite a bit on here so perhaps best to get used to it!

Edited by GingerBubba

Junior88

Haha yeah I thought about the hijack thing, sorry OP!

TheTinMan

Welcome from Toronto!

jasonwu

Just got back from work... Check RWG right away and surprised to see all these posts for a Newbe like me. Thanks guys, make me feel welcome and I appreciate it :Applause: Especially,  Davesjourney for pointing out super rep thread. I guess I will be through the watches on the super rep thread the rest of the evening :D

GingerApple
4 minutes ago, jasonwu said:

Just got back from work... Check RWG right away and surprised to see all these posts for a Newbe like me. Thanks guys, make me feel welcome and I appreciate it :Applause: Especially,  Davesjourney for pointing out super rep thread. I guess I will be through the watches on the super rep thread the rest of the evening :D

There are some amazing recent releases that aren't on the super rep list because of minor issues, but which are none the less amazing, watches which you should definitely check out. If you like Rolexes, check out ARF (that's the factory), the first rep maker to do Rolexes using 904L steel.  People love their ceramic bezel Daytonas and their sea-dweller. I personally also love their DSSD d-blue, though it has it's critics. Having said that, Noob Factory have just released their first 904L watch, the ceramic submariner which they've been about the best at repping in recent years. If you're more of a Pam guy, most of them are awesome, borderline super reps across the board.  If you've been out of the game for as long as you have, I reckon you'll be blown away by the quality of most watches. Learning and searching - all part of the fun, enjoy!

Thommo82
2 hours ago, 88juniorfan said:

You wouldn't be referring to Thommo82, now, would you? He's actually only been really nice to me lol...

They hate me because they ain’t me 

Glaude
7 minutes ago, Thommo82 said:

They hate me because they ain’t me 

True dat !

Piloten

We can't hate you,  Thommo. It'd be like kicking an aggressive, drooling puppy who's trying to steal your pizza

Thommo82

I fucking love pizza.... 

Glaude
10 hours ago, Thommo82 said:

I fucking love pizza.... 

Me too, I bet you put walabi on it !

Thommo82
7 hours ago, Glaude said:

Me too, I bet you put walabi on it !

*wallaby

Mate im not a fan of eating any Kangaroo meat at all. Tried it a couple times and it tastes like poo.

Crocodile on the other hands is delicious 

GingerApple
55 minutes ago, Thommo82 said:

*wallaby

Mate im not a fan of eating any Kangaroo meat at all. Tried it a couple times and it tastes like poo.

Crocodile is great; fishy chicken!

Glaude
2 hours ago, Thommo82 said:

*wallaby

Bloody Aussie !

10:10 Watch Repair

Bonjour, hi, 

From Montreal. 

jasonwu
On 2/2/2018 at 20:28, GingerBubba said:

There are some amazing recent releases that aren't on the super rep list because of minor issues, but which are none the less amazing, watches which you should definitely check out. If you like Rolexes, check out ARF (that's the factory), the first rep maker to do Rolexes using 904L steel.  People love their ceramic bezel Daytonas and their sea-dweller. I personally also love their DSSD d-blue, though it has it's critics. Having said that, Noob Factory have just released their first 904L watch, the ceramic submariner which they've been about the best at repping in recent years. If you're more of a Pam guy, most of them are awesome, borderline super reps across the board.  If you've been out of the game for as long as you have, I reckon you'll be blown away by the quality of most watches. Learning and searching - all part of the fun, enjoy!

Thanks for a really thoughtful reply. I appreciate it.  I am not in the socioecnomic tier that can daily drive a Rolex, hopefully 10 years from now. I can probably pull off watches in 2K to 5K range.  I am thinking along the line of Tudor, Pan, Omega. The problem with Panerai is that a couple of my co-workers own genuine Pans and I have a feeling that they will want to try it on if I wear one.  Having said that, I really enjoy the unique styling of Pan, and a Pan will be one of two watches that I will be purchasing soon. Similarly, my manager daily drive a Rolex no-date submariner...

I have spent a good 6-8 hours on the forum in the last 2 days. I am more confused then before :), with so much info out there. I don't think I will be placing an order before Chinese new year shut down. Need to do more research. I got to look at the ARF and Noob Rolex and the new Tudor Chrono looks promising ...

GingerApple

You're welcome mate, enjoy the ride!

goldfinger

Welcome to the forum

jasonwu

A quick update, question.

I am about to pick up a watch from torobravo. First purchase from td for me. Td is a trusted dealer with good reviews, I should be fine.. right? Will post pics when I receive it. thanks.

GingerApple
On 07/02/2018 at 04:34, jasonwu said:

A quick update, question.

I am about to pick up a watch from torobravo. First purchase from td for me. Td is a trusted dealer with good reviews, I should be fine.. right? Will post pics when I receive it. thanks.

Deffo. Order in confidence.

Sometimes stuff goes wrong, watches get broken/lost in the post etc, but if so, it will get sorted. No one's about to run off with your money for eg. But it's not Amazon - be prepared for delay, less than A1 customer service etc, but the end result will be awesome.

jkambo17

WELCOME! From Vancity myself!