Ilovethiscity

All I need now is a Yacht! My new Superfranken Yacht Master 116622 Blue Dial (very pic heavy)

Ilovethiscity

Good afternoon to you all around the globe! I just wanted to share some pictures of my new Superfranken Yacht Master. I had always wanted to get a truly Superfranken of this model and I’m supremely happy with how this one looks but you guys are the best judges! Here it is in all its glory with all Rolex parts being totally new on installation.

The specs as promised:

Genuine Rolex Yachtmaster blue dial

Genuine Rolex Yachtmaster hands (all)

Genuine Rolex Yachtmaster crystal

Genuine Rolex Crown & Tube

Genuine Rolex datewheel

SA3135 Serviced and running COSC

Waterproofed and sealed to 10ATM+

The bezel has also been modded to absolute perfection by TomRep over at RG and the platinum finish takes it to another level! The entire case and bracelet was also polished and brushed too.

Two things I had wanted to do were gen bezel and yuki movement however I honestly feel this watch is done! Heard bad things about SA3135 but this one seems to run same as gens and if it ever did crap out then in goes the Yuki. Gen bezel is super super expensive and would take me to 50% of gen or more. This cost around 25% and honestly I do feel I’m getting 99% of the enjoyment on this one my friends. The TomRep bezel mod is really that good.. stick a fork in this Superfranken, it’s done!!

With the prices of Gen parts soaring I can honestly say while they may seem super high right now there is still no better time to build these super frankens. The parts to build this exact watch just so happen to be sat on TRF right now! As lots of people have been mentioning Rolex are now requiring all parts are exchanged with them directly meaning the entire Rolex parts scene is likely to become sharply affected once the current stock out there is depleted. I’m trying to do another build now as I do believe time is a bit against us here.

This Rolex blue dial is really something stunning in real life and I’ve found myself staring at it for hours, so I’ve taken pictures in some different light situations etc as this beautiful piece has a lot of different looks! As always I will leave it to you, the real experts to see what you think!

QBIW15Ch.jpg
6jUHw2Mh.jpg
Zs4vlyYh.jpg
zYlkiKJh.jpg
IHBCQDMh.jpg
4WR1i14h.jpg
m3dxunwh.jpg
lLk7pMfh.jpg
XKDsLouh.jpg
mCKad5Uh.jpg
8eDxpHsh.jpg
Cs67Jm1h.jpg
7oTH0g3h.jpg
bBsqkW6h.jpg
LKnQFuFh.jpg
PtQ3zB2h.jpg
1ztJSb9h.jpg
5rKlDTNh.jpg
mzREBkMh.jpg
4Qe8pqyh.jpg
eIf3fcch.jpg
yu9E2JTh.jpg
NzC81eoh.jpg
o7zkTbCh.jpg
yvVDozSh.jpg
ffDqKFnh.jpg
aHHzInBh.jpg
aRCZqQYh.jpg
gwkGK17h.jpg
oXjcfnDh.jpg
lnmR0rSh.jpg
lX54Jvgh.jpg
4iXZzO5h.jpg
Z5cJ4iWh.jpg
IQWkAUNh.jpg
PURYeKoh.jpg
y1J1f4Mh.jpg
sKdCQMRh.jpg
Ciw6sq3h.jpg
08eYJNLh.jpg
85JqeSch.jpg
w286ByUh.jpg
TenuZtUh.jpg
JyUHIXwh.jpg
TT7VcZLh.jpg
4YGRaBfh.jpg
3F49hbth.jpg
eNgOPgoh.jpg
5mhlP6rh.jpg
Yd6tgyPh.jpg
ZIY20xth.jpg
8601HL4h.jpg
FqrcFjNh.jpg
nZRDXQIh.jpg
7TsOMWah.jpg
BWidT6Eh.jpg
91R4RfBh.jpg
qDFvNOih.jpg

Edited by Ilovethiscity

WatchaholicMallorca

Stunning! great work on that, that's a keeper for sure

Thommo82

Boom 

Xpletiv

Schocka locka

amstaffs

Amazing piece.

May i ask what you paid in total and where you sourced the parts?

If you ever wish to swap (+cash on my side) for a rhodium jf with gen crown+tube, crystal and dw, just message me. Ive been looking for the blue dial for a long time. ;)

Ilovethiscity

thanks fellas glad you like it! @WatchaholicMallorca yes indeed it is thank you Sir :)

@amstaffs honestly the only reason to ever sell this would be to buy the Gen man, I can help on the info though there's a Rhodium and Blue dial for sale right now not sure on rules here RE posting links so will PM you it. You are 50% of the way all you need is the dial and hands both can be had right now!! PM now

Ilovethiscity

Can of course answer paid amount roughly €2,650 all in. Baring in mind that’s about 25-30% gen cost I think I’ve done really well on it :)

Theatrix

Nicely done! Beautiful piece.  Congrats....

Michi_92_muc

Perfection !

Ilovethiscity

Thanks gents! Thinking about a blue rubber strap from Everest (mounts to Rolex clasp) for summer holidays beach etc any thoughts? 

Moondustesp

That’s perfect. What a stunning watch you have. Enjoy it

hublotkingpower

Bloody perfect, an 'in house' made gen ;) !!

Teenyweeny

Stunning!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Genius

:rofl:

Hands, crystal, crown all spot on on the reps... No one could ever see a difference without macro lens.... Now the bezel instert that is where the YM is worth frankening never seen one on a rep that looked quite right

Ilovethiscity
46 minutes ago, Genius said:

:rofl:

Hands, crystal, crown all spot on on the reps... No one could ever see a difference without macro lens.... Now the bezel instert that is where the YM is worth frankening never seen one on a rep that looked quite right

Noob dial is purple Sir! Also Rep and Gen crystals look the same???? Must be old eyes ;)

Genius
33 minutes ago, Ilovethiscity said:

Noob dial is purple Sir! Also Rep and Gen crystals look the same???? Must be old eyes ;)

What issues with a decent rep crystal?  LEC is too visible but still only if you hold the fucker up to the light right next to your eyes... Also rep cyclop AR isn't colourless but against a blue dial..............

Your money and you can do what you like with it but still think its a crazy way to spend it when you didn't address the major flaw on this model

Ilovethiscity
8 minutes ago, Genius said:

What issues with a decent rep crystal?  LEC is too visible but still only if you hold the fucker up to the light right next to your eyes... Also rep cyclop AR isn't colourless but against a blue dial..............

Your money and you can do what you like with it but still think its a crazy way to spend it when you didn't address the major flaw on this model

I do totally hear you on the gen bezel but funds going on other frankens for now I’m personally really happy with this one!

As for crystals I have personally found there is a certain ‘shimmer or shine’ to a gen crystal that no rep crystal I’ve seen has and you can see that on the wrist no doubt in my mind as I’ve been lucky enough to have 4 ceramic gens (granted separately) in my time.  I also understand what you mean on your first post regarding no one can tell with a macro lens but on the dial I truly enjoy it every single day when looking at the watch, the printing, the sunburst etc it’s just beautiful! So maybe others need a macro but I don’t to enjoy it personally mate :)

Genius
10 minutes ago, Ilovethiscity said:

I do totally hear you on the gen bezel but funds going on other frankens for now I’m personally really happy with this one!

As for crystals I have personally found there is a certain ‘shimmer or shine’ to a gen crystal that no rep crystal I’ve seen has and you can see that on the wrist no doubt in my mind as I’ve been lucky enough to have 4 ceramic gens (granted separately) in my time.  I also understand what you mean on your first post regarding no one can tell with a macro lens but on the dial I truly enjoy it every single day when looking at the watch, the printing, the sunburst etc it’s just beautiful! So maybe others need a macro but I don’t to enjoy it personally mate :)

Interesting what you say about the crystal as I found the  total opposite especially with the older models without AR, I actually just replaced the crystal on my 5 digit Exp2 with an aftermarket one as the gen was what I thought silly money, but at the last GTG there was another member with the same exact model and I still couldn't see a difference rep vs gen even side by side in fact no one there could tell it was an aftermarket crystal on my gen....  I do admit you can see the AR colour on the rep AR crystals just not against a blue dial... The dial by the way was something I didn't question you spending on it does look good! 

Ilovethiscity
10 minutes ago, Genius said:

Interesting what you say about the crystal as I found the  total opposite especially with the older models without AR, I actually just replaced the crystal on my 5 digit Exp2 with an aftermarket one as the gen was what I thought silly money, but at the last GTG there was another member with the same exact model and I still couldn't see a difference rep vs gen even side by side in fact no one there could tell it was an aftermarket crystal on my gen....  I do admit you can see the AR colour on the rep AR crystals just not against a blue dial... The dial by the way was something I didn't question you spending on it does look good! 

Now that is interesting actually as I totally admit I have little to no  experience on 5 digit models (owned a WM9 LV franken for a while) but always felt a bit small on me as I’m a lanky bastad! ;) 

Edited by Ilovethiscity

Mancster

Wow, absolutely stunning! 

Ilovethiscity
On 17/03/2018 at 11:17, Mancster said:

Wow, absolutely stunning! 

Thanks Mancster glad you like it! 

jimmydavies

Fantastic!  Great pictures too,  “heavy” is too light a description!

tim2827

What a beauti, you are blessed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pstar_1980

Beautiful with fantastic pics! Enjoy!!

GWT
On 14/03/2018 at 07:20, Genius said:

But don’t forget that there are loads of gen crystals out there with a blue ting to the cyclops AR. I have one on one of my submariners, was chaffed when opened the sealed gen packaging and looked thru it to my amazement blue tint cyclop!! It is what it is way to many anal observation from loads whom have never held the gen they are trying to imitate! 

Very beautiful watch you have wear it in good health! Send the bezel to have it platinum plated by spongebob!

Edited by GWT