Cmak2017

Nautilus Jumbo 5711 PF or MK?

Cmak2017

So when they send you QA pictures.. what should I be looking for? 

kingquest_s

What if we swap MK4 dial to PF? Do you think it will be easy to do?

Stufuse
I had one with an SW200 movement and it was as close to the gen as possible. 
A few years ago they were being sold at $500 and upwards. 
Unfortunately, the watch was too large for my tastes and I sold it to a member on this forum a while ago. 
Thanks for your detailed post with the information about variations on the different factory versions. 

What is the case size on these?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RussP

42mm measured from 10 o'clock to 4 o'clock.

Here's another one, but this isn't in the same class as the one with the SW200: 40734031111_ae22349ea2_c.jpg

Stufuse
42mm measured from 10 o'clock to 4 o'clock.
Here's another one, but this isn't in the same class as the one with the SW200: 40734031111_ae22349ea2_c.jpg

Most of my fave watches too big for my wrists. That’s why I ended up with 36 DJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SuperLory
What if we swap MK4 dial to PF? Do you think it will be easy to do?
This would be the most important thing to know

Sent from my SM-T325 using Tapatalk

kingquest_s
On 3/10/2018 at 22:47, SuperLory said:

This would be the most important thing to know

Sent from my SM-T325 using Tapatalk

Let me know if you find out, i would be best mod then. Any expert????

DeepC
On 2/10/2018 at 04:38, nivka said:

Which factory is better is hard to answer. ARF has had some great releases in the past 12 months

You’re better off thinking of the watch you want and researching the various versions. For the 5711, I think PF is the best. I have the BP v3 and the pf, and it’s no contest between them. The greenish tint to the BP dial is its major flaw, but it also doesn’t have movement decorations. Later versions had decorations, but made the watch thicker. The printing on the dial is quite faint too. The clasp is a little flimsy too. Its major pros are the thinness (8.9mm; gen is 8.3mm) and dwo font.

BP v3:
6a5976c12733be1659ffc7390536e817.jpg

The pf is just as thin as the BP v3 at 8.9mm. The dial colour is way better than the BP. The major problem is the hour markers. They should form a ring that’s aligned with the minute markers, but there overhanging. This is clearly visible in photos, but I don’t see it when it’s on my wrist. The dwo font is too faint and doesn’t fill the whole date aperture. However, pf has the best bracelet in terms of engravings and clasp finishing.

Both the BP and pf have the miyota 9015 so they’re noisy, but it’s an easy fix with a dot of oil or grease.

1d5d9beae18cd124fd46566578b31906.jpg

I’ve never held an MK, but it’s main flaws are the thickness and the bracelet, both of which are deal breakers for me. The bracelet has the wrong mid end link; it’s too chunky. Also people find the bracelet needs nodding because it gapes over many peoples wrist. But, the mk has the best dial. The shade of blue is just as good if not better than the pf, and the hour markers are much better aligned.

I personally emphasise thinness and shade of the dial, so pf was an easy choice (even if it’s $500 with a miyota under the hood).

I just bought a PF 5711 blue dial and I love it. The only problem I have with it like you said is the noisy winder.  You said a drop of oil will lessen the noise, can you elaborate? What type of oil and where did you apply it? I don't want to open the back up and start slashing oil everywhere! Haha!

Glaude
12 hours ago, DeepC said:

I just bought a PF 5711 blue dial and I love it. The only problem I have with it like you said is the noisy winder.  You said a drop of oil will lessen the noise, can you elaborate? What type of oil and where did you apply it? I don't want to open the back up and start slashing oil everywhere! Haha!

Indeed you shouldn't ;) 

Use some Moebius 9010 or Moebius 9101 (HP500) to do it, an tiny oiler would be very usefull to put only the tinest of the drop you can

6407013.jpg

You can find all of this at cousinuk.com website for example :) 

b0j
On 23/06/2018 at 19:30, Glaude said:

Indeed you shouldn't ;) 

Use some Moebius 9010 or Moebius 9101 (HP500) to do it, an tiny oiler would be very usefull to put only the tinest of the drop you can

6407013.jpg

You can find all of this at cousinuk.com website for example :) 

Actually super useful. Thanks for sharing

raspymcnasty

the PF is quite the looker. I have a blue one but I wish I got the white/

555yedped

Is the PF markers worth re luming? I hear some people say gen is also green but a member on rwi has done it on their pf nautilus and I think it looks better with white ish markers 

Glaude
18 minutes ago, 555yedped said:

Is the PF markers worth re luming? I hear some people say gen is also green but a member on rwi has done it on their pf nautilus and I think it looks better with white ish markers 

It's not that the gen is green, the gen is white, and the PF is white too, but most of the picture you look at are with the lume slightly charged by light, that how it works, even a tiny bit of light will change their colour.
The reason people are obsessed with them being white is because they mostly look at 3d render of the watch, where, of course, they are pure white.

Take a look at some real wrist shot of the gen and compare them to the PF, and make your mind about that ;) 

Think also about the price a reluming will cost you for almost no difference

GingerApple

I'd relume the white dial PF markers. At least I would if I could find a modder to do it....

mumum

Great posts here...I really liked the comparison between the pf and bp by nivka ...though imo when comparing the white dial version I like the bp more...the dial color/tint issue is not an issue with the white dial. The white dial then is superior due to marker placements and dw. I really don’t care whether the movement is decorated or not as both are inaccurate/ a tell and don’t plan on taking my watch off to show someone the backside :). Thickness is more important.

Glaude
15 minutes ago, TomatoheadFred said:

I'd relume the white dial PF markers. At least I would if I could find a modder to do it....

White dial is a different story, you notice more the difference between the white of the dial and the white of the markers

Someone on RWI does it but ... $$$$ ...

GingerApple
12 minutes ago, Glaude said:

White dial is a different story, you notice more the difference between the white of the dial and the white of the markers

Someone on RWI does it but ... $$$$ ...

Yeah. Probably as cheap to buy this one and flog the PF - but that date window surround is a bit meh.

https://www.intime04.co/patek-philippe/5076-nautilus-jumbo-5711-jjf-1-1-best-edition-white-textured-dial-on-ss-bracelet-a324.html

555yedped
59 minutes ago, Glaude said:

It's not that the gen is green, the gen is white, and the PF is white too, but most of the picture you look at are with the lume slightly charged by light, that how it works, even a tiny bit of light will change their colour.
The reason people are obsessed with them being white is because they mostly look at 3d render of the watch, where, of course, they are pure white.

Take a look at some real wrist shot of the gen and compare them to the PF, and make your mind about that ;) 

Think also about the price a reluming will cost you for almost no difference

thank you very much for your response you fully answered everything I wanted to know about the pf lume. :)

Glaude
17 minutes ago, TomatoheadFred said:

Yeah. Probably as cheap to buy this one and flog the PF - but that date window surround is a bit meh.

https://www.intime04.co/patek-philippe/5076-nautilus-jumbo-5711-jjf-1-1-best-edition-white-textured-dial-on-ss-bracelet-a324.html

You should buy a cheapo quartz from the gate and try reluming it yourself and then tackle with the PF, but remember, only use American bleach... :D 

For those interested in a very nice comparison about the white dial 5711

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/patek-philippe/7575566-what-s-the-best-white-dial-nautilus-comparing-pf-mkv6-and-jjf-to-gen

GingerApple
4 minutes ago, Glaude said:

You should buy a cheapo quartz from the gate and try reluming it yourself and then tackle with the PF, but remember, only use American bleach... :D 

I'd be more likely to buy the JJF and take a black marker pen to the date wheel window.

And ignore all American opinion, on any subject, forever, always.

Glaude
1 minute ago, TomatoheadFred said:

I'd be more likely to buy the JJF and take a black marker pen to the date wheel window.

And ignore all American opinion, on any subject, forever, always.

Tits McGee said you were a nice guy, should I ignore that then ?

GingerApple
2 minutes ago, Glaude said:

Tits McGee said you were a nice guy, should I ignore that then ?

Fuck yeah! Never trust anything from a man whose name is cockney rhyming slang for passing urine.

For example:

Man in pub to his friends - "Oi Grant, if you go to the bar, get us another pint. I'm just going for an oily rag followed by a quick Tits McGee".

Glaude

Often in:criminal: since 2017

GingerApple
5 minutes ago, Glaude said:

Often in:criminal: since 2017

That old fucker doesn't have the balls!