Herc

GLS holding my parcel

Glaude
Just now, NCRich said:

Pirates of the Caribbean?

Yes but I recommend OP in PM not to mention it until RWI was up again, since this is done, I suggested he see over there for more help on this matter.

GenTLe

Quite curious to know how this is going to end... Meanwhile, finger crossed for the OP!

Herc
5 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

Quite curious to know how this is going to end... Meanwhile, finger crossed for the OP!

Many thanks pal. I really owe the guys on here a lot for the help and advise.i just hope it comes through (but I just have this gut feeling that it is somewhere in the never never land 

tripdog123
43 minutes ago, Glaude said:

Precision : Customs authority is allowed to open anything they want inside the EU for whatever reason (they don't even need to justify the opening, just have to mention that the package has been opened).

But for the rest I agree with you.

Yes, he's also a movie star (confirmed via PM with OP), since I'm not from RWI I don't know if this story makes more sense with that info.

There has been a story or 2 about him on RWI,  it doesn't necessarily mean he's dishonest, but he's certainly not the sharpest knife in the box.

41 minutes ago, NCRich said:

Pirates of the Caribbean?

Yup.

GenTLe
21 minutes ago, Herc said:

Many thanks pal. I really owe the guys on here a lot for the help and advise.i just hope it comes through (but I just have this gut feeling that it is somewhere in the never never land 

Actually I'm also from Italy (and actually near to your modder: San Giuliano is like 50km from me) and I don't think this guy did something fraudolent in shipping, but I am definitively not confident with the shipping companies...

For instance a watch (a gen Seiko) sent via DHL from creation watches and declared 24€, made them to firstly ask me about the value (140€ if I'm not wrong), then they charge me of the VAT of a watch, then these fuckers asked me other 80€ (+ other 15€ for the administrative fees) as penalty becayse the SENDER declared a lower value... As if I was the one that wrote that! Actually I've paid them because it was my suggestion to them (creation watches) to declare such value so the sellers weren't guilty at all.

But you can imagine: if someone send with DHL something ad (by themselves) decide to put a lower value, then the receiver gets a fine of 95€... This is being ass-raped in my view.

MetalMickey

The importer is actually responsible for what is declared as the value. 

But this is irrelevant as this is an inside EU package and whatever the modder might be telling the OP it has not been seized by the authorities unless, as I and tripdog have said, a sniffer dog has picked it out at the airport. 

My take remains:

GLS have lost it. Modder is making a fraudulent claim on insurance because insurance doesn’t cover fake watches. He hasn’t been honest with OP or there is a language barrier. The test of honesty is whether the compensation claim is successful, how much he gets back, and whether OP sees any or all of it: especially if it is greater than the value of the watch...

MetalMickey

Just to be clear, I am not suggesting that the modder has posted a brick in a box with an illegible or partial address on it. 

Wriggles

If its the person i suspect, and I'm pretty sure it is, Tripdog is being very polite by saying he's not the sharpest knife in the box.....

I don't think that bodes well sadly though I hope I'm wrong

Herc

Sent an email yesterday to the modder requiring an update - nothing back yet. 

Will give it s few days before I take it to the mods in RWI were the dealings were done. 

Just fed up with it all now. Invested over 1.5k on the watch and was sent not long after receiving it. @mech500 can vouch I purchased it from him back in Oct 2017 

BadPickle

Ouch! That’s a lot of cash to spend on a rep, Hope it all works out for you pal.

Herc
16 minutes ago, pickledbeetroot said:

Ouch! That’s a lot of cash to spend on a rep, Hope it all works out for you pal.

Thanks buddy - had plans on selling it when I got it back. Plan on saving for a gen hulk or batman. 

Wil keep you guys updated on the situation 

splke

Man you must be sweating like a fat lass in a sweet shop. I really feel for you  but 1nhalf k on a rep! Fuck me I reckon this mudder has fucked you over hope you get it back in one piece 

Herc
27 minutes ago, splke said:

Man you must be sweating like a fat lass in a sweet shop. I really feel for you  but 1nhalf k on a rep! Fuck me I reckon this mudder has fucked you over hope you get it back in one piece 

Well I didn’t want to spend full costs on gen and so picked up a nice Franken (gen dial,hands,insert) but I live as learn.. I don’t think I’ll be spending that much on a rep again. Thanks man

MetalMickey
9 minutes ago, Herc said:

Well I didn’t want to spend full costs on gen and so picked up a nice Franken (gen dial,hands,insert) but I live as learn.. I don’t think I’ll be spending that much on a rep again. Thanks man

Those gen parts could make someone a lot of money on eBay...

Herc
12 minutes ago, metalmickey said:

Those gen parts could make someone a lot of money on eBay...

:ass-kick:

lol

MetalMickey

Any news @Herc?

Herc
2 hours ago, metalmickey said:

Any news @Herc?

I asked JD for an update and got a reply saying he is waiting a reply from GLS! I then asked him if he can tell me if GLS have stated if they physically have the watch 

his reply was he was confused and hope it goes okay. He also stated that he has asked for the watch to he returned to him but is waiting a reply. 

I posted on RWI but with the hack it’s early days as no one has piped up to help or advise me 

I’m just fed up atm with all this 

Edited by Herc

Wriggles

He's waiting a reply? What's he doing writing them love letters? Get him to fucking ring them and keep ringing them, that's bullshit, the guys a fucking idiot 

MetalMickey
30 minutes ago, Wriggles said:

He's waiting a reply? What's he doing writing them love letters? Get him to fucking ring them and keep ringing them, that's bullshit, the guys a fucking idiot 

^^^this

Herc

I have tagged him in on the thread over on RWI! Also sent an email last night with yet another message asking for an update. 

I sent him an email to on 6th feb to supply him with receipts and he replied to say he has sent them to GLS.. on the 7,9,12 and 13th of Feb I emailed asking for an update with the same reply from him  ‘I ask GLS today’

tripdog123
1 hour ago, Herc said:

I have tagged him in on the thread over on RWI! Also sent an email last night with yet another message asking for an update. 

I sent him an email to on 6th feb to supply him with receipts and he replied to say he has sent them to GLS.. on the 7,9,12 and 13th of Feb I emailed asking for an update with the same reply from him  ‘I ask GLS today’

You don't send reminders on weekends then ?

Herc
39 minutes ago, tripdog123 said:

You don't send reminders on weekends then ?

No

MetalMickey
55 minutes ago, Herc said:

No

Even pirates need their weekends off

:pirateship:

tripdog123
1 hour ago, metalmickey said:

Even pirates need their weekends off

:pirateship:

Even Pirates in the Caribbean ?

Herc

I received this email from Johnny this morning. Looks like he is wiping his hands from it now. Don’t know what to do !?!!

From Johnny

I'm sorry you think this. I did my best, I argued with GLS, I asked more than 20 times. but they told me that the parcel is blocked in England. I sent your invoices by email .... I do not know what else to do. if the package was opened, if they saw that it was inside, and they confiscated it I do not know how to help you

I hope this solves this problem

Inviato da JD