Sign in to follow this  
kolchak

DSSD 2836 movement & lume pics

kolchak

Bought a 2836 DSSD from Mary ~ a month ago & just received one from Robert for a friend.

Both watches look/feel fantastic & other than in my wallet I've only noticed some minor differences.

I'm too green to rep watches to do much of a comparison, but will post some good side by sides once a cheap light box is made.

The extent of my "watch smithing" had been changing a strap. Last night I had a few too many, whispered some sweet nothings into my ear, pulled down my skirt & busted my hyman by removing the case backs. Thought it required a tool but they were easily removed by hand. (BTW - If you haven't tightened your DSSD case back now may be a good time). Not sure how much can be seen in these shitty cell pics but please comment on these movements.

PWC

IMAG0515.jpg

PWC

IMAG0513.jpg

PWC

IMAG0511.jpg

WI

IMAG0508.jpg

WI

IMAG0510.jpg

Side by side lume - strenght is similar but the PWC DSSD (on left) appears slightly darker blue.

IMAG0445.jpg

IMAG0442.jpg

KeNnY

super :) !

kolchak

alittle suprised no repsonse - I was under the impression these were from different factories. Well, saves me the time doing more pics, but can someone please verufy what type of movements these are?

Luthier

Swiss ETA 2836.

MikeMcNair

Look really close on the outer ring of the baseplate forthe rear part of the mvmnt, you will see the numbers engraved in it.

Look at this picture at 7 o clock, it's small, but it's there :lol:

ROS-2836-2.jpg

kolchak

Thanks Mike. I'm trying to understand & appreciate the movements instead of just how a watch looks/feels on the wrist.

Since these two DSSD's are so similar in every other aspect, I wanted to see if the movements were different before deciding which one to sell to my buddy.