aitcharGMT

New A7753 quickset hack mod to not change date with stem.

aitcharGMT

Title: New A7753 quickset hack mod to not change date with stem.
Hello, anyone aware if this hack/mod has been performed? Basically replicating Breitling Navitimer's movement. That is, use a new A7753 with quick set, but somehow mod it to be able to change the date by pulling the crown and turning it back and forth to change the date. This is for watches that use the tricompax arrangement (3 6 9) but DON'T have a quickset pusher in the gen. I'm tired of searching. Most I've found is dropping an ETA7753 for an old 7750 in 369 config.
Thank you!

Edited by aitcharGMT

GenTLe

I doubt it is possible at all: where on the 7750 there is the quick date set, on the 7753 there is the gear of the minute counter.

aitcharGMT

Good point. Maybe need to look at what Breitling did too change the date by turning the crown back and forth...

Thank you

GenTLe
26 minutes ago, aitcharGMT said:

Good point. Maybe need to look at what Breitling did too change the date by turning the crown back and forth...

Thank you

Forget about that. It's a complete different movement, column chronograph (manufactured by them). If it's so fundamental to have a 1:1 fully functional navitimer, buy the gen.

Or get something else rep.

windyzz

The manufacturer movement B01 has a quick date set using the crown. The one you’re referring is the 7753 version where there are no quick set date. I don’t think there are A7753 version of the gen, and I don’t think you can mod the A7750 to be like the gen A7753.

Probably go and look for the gen movement and see if you can mod the case and crown etc to fit the gen movement.

aitcharGMT
10 hours ago, GenTLe said:

Forget about that. It's a complete different movement, column chronograph (manufactured by them). If it's so fundamental to have a 1:1 fully functional navitimer, buy the gen.

Or get something else rep.

It's not that it's fundamental, I'm an engineer hence the fascination with whether it can be done. I'm getting the gen but in the limited version but that has nothing to do with this.

8 hours ago, windyzz said:

The manufacturer movement B01 has a quick date set using the crown. The one you’re referring is the 7753 version where there are no quick set date. I don’t think there are A7753 version of the gen, and I don’t think you can mod the A7750 to be like the gen A7753.

Probably go and look for the gen movement and see if you can mod the case and crown etc to fit the gen movement.

It has certainly been done with an ETA 7753 drop-in. And apparently it has also been done with a modded A7753 or so I've been told...