GingerApple

Noob v8 Subc 904L First Impressions

Luxuracer
5 minutes ago, 88juniorfan said:

OOOOOOOOOO....

@Luxuracer.... He called you Lux. AGAIN. 

He can not do it right ... even to save his life! Fucking bastard.

Junior88
2 minutes ago, Luxuracer said:

He can not do it right ... even to save his life! Fucking bastard.

To be fair...

I think we're all bastards. Just sayin. 

fromacrosstheriver

I read it @GingerBubba it didn’t really say the materials you used, did you just get the marker and paint over it? Did you squeeze some paint and with a q tip apply it? 

What did you use to clean it up? 

How many coats/how long did it take to dry? 

I’m only asking cause yoh did a splendid job, would love to get the same results!

GingerApple
3 hours ago, fromacrosstheriver said:

I read it @GingerBubba it didn’t really say the materials you used, did you just get the marker and paint over it? Did you squeeze some paint and with a q tip apply it? 

What did you use to clean it up? 

How many coats/how long did it take to dry? 

I’m only asking cause yoh did a splendid job, would love to get the same results!

Oh balls, sorry. I'm  know I explained how I did it somewhere, but obviously not in this thread and I can't find it FFS.

Ok. So I grabbed a packet of my wife's cotton buds/q tips.

Then I used the plastic lid of the box the cotton buds came in as my 'easel'. With the Molotow pen, I gave it a good shake, then pressed the nib up and down in the plastic lid until it spunked out a little puddle of silver paint, like 5mm by 5mm.

The cotton bud then got dipped in the puddle so that it soaked up all the paint.

Then I just painted it onto the bezel with the cotton bud, trying to be careful and get it in the indices, but you don't have to worry too much because it comes off very easily. 

I normally re-apply paint to the cotton bud half way round, ie another puddle dipping, but judge it for yourself. So yeah, work your way around and that's it, paint applied. Mine looks like a car crash when I get to this stage - paint all over the bezel, crystal, pearl housing, everywhere, but don't worry, it cleans up in seconds.

All I do is use a baby wet wipe to wipe off paint from the bezel and crystal. It's very easy to get the paint off when it's freshly applied, just wipe normally. I actually tend to take the wet wipe out of the packet just before I start the painting and put it on a heater so that a minute later, when I've finished the painting, the wet wipe is slightly damp, rather than very wet like it is when it comes out of the packet. That way I guess there's less chance of messing up the paint in the indices. I also sometimes dip a cotton bud in methylated spirit and use that to clean the bits that are harder to get at such as the edge of the crystal and the pearl housing. Meths takes it off crazily easily.

It's probably not worth buying wet wipes etc if you don't already have them. I just happen to have a baby, hence using the baby wipes, and have recently painted the house hence having the meths. I imagine the paint comes off as easily with a paper towel or similar. Don't over stress, it really is a piece of piss. I say that as someone who struggles with basic DIY/getting dressed unaided.

I then let it dry for an hour or so by a radiator. Sometimes it looks great with one coat, sometimes it obviously needs another (or more often, the odd number or odd indice needs doing because the finish isn't as good as on the rest of them).

Then sit back, stare at your watch, marvel at how you've saved yourself £7k and generally just strut around like a mofo taking lots of wristies. Done!

fatarms

I can confirm that the paint does come off using just a paper towel after it's applied.  This mod takes about 5 minutes.  The only difference for me was that I used a tiny paint brush to apply the paint to all the indices instead of the cotton swab.  Wasn't too careful applying it, just moved the brush back and forth  over all the indices to make sure all engraved surfaces were covered.

Sonjaywhite89

How much ????

SteveA

Sharpie pen just as good,practiced on ancient 21j DSSD beater

1_C641_E9_C-_EBF5-4_B6_A-_AE90-88_FBF368

SheikhRashid
On 21/02/2018 at 20:37, SteveA said:

Sharpie pen just as good,practiced on ancient 21j DSSD beater

1_C641_E9_C-_EBF5-4_B6_A-_AE90-88_FBF368

What type of Sharpie pen did you use?

Edited by SheikhRashid

SteveA

Silver fine tip ,fill in the indices ,let it dry then use micro fibre or baby wipe to rub of the excess.If you wipe any of the indices just repeat the process until you get the look right