ivanofs

Master of scamming

GenTLe

So he did 659k£ scamming people and has been fined with 28k£?

That's what I call a bad temptation!

Glaude
6 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

They probably weren't able to prove the other sales, that case was only on a £2425 Rolex fake.

Here's an article with bracelet pics : 

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/15378380.Man_caught_out_selling_fake_Rolex_watches_on_eBay/

GingerApple
12 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

That wasn't his punishment. His punishment was a twelve month suspended prison sentence and 180 hours of unpaid work in the community (which I think it's a light sentence given the size of the fraud).

The repayment thing is just the proceeds of crime act. If someone is deemed to have benefited from crime, they have to pay back every penny they benefited from. Unless they don't have the cash/assets, in which case they have to pay back what they have. This guy only had £28k assets, so that's what he pays back. If he doesn't pay it within three months, he'll go to prison for nine months (that's sperate to his 'main' sentence above). What is more, if say he wins the lottery in future or builds a successful business years down the line and the authorities pick up on it, they will go after him for the rest of the £659k (and they'll get it - both of those examples have happened).

GenTLe
3 minutes ago, GingerBubba said:

That wasn't his punishment. His punishment was a twelve month suspended prison sentence and 180 hours of unpaid work in the community (which I think it's a light sentence given the size of the fraud).

Lol, mate here that's the punishment for being caught (with license from less than 3 years) driving with 0.81 g/l of alcohol in the blood. Where until 10 years ago the limit was 0.8... (now it's 0.5). That's not just light, that's NOTHING :)

He probably gave the fraud money to the wife or someone else like here the politicians do when they're caught with hands dirty of jam... In this way they manage to NEVER go to real jail and to keep al the money they stole. :angry:

Glaude
27 minutes ago, GingerBubba said:

The repayment thing is just the proceeds of crime act. If someone is deemed to have benefited from crime, they have to pay back every penny they benefited from. Unless they don't have the cash/assets, in which case they have to pay back what they have. This guy only had £28k assets, so that's what he pays back. If he doesn't pay it within three months, he'll go to prison for nine months (that's sperate to his 'main' sentence above). What is more, if say he wins the lottery in future or builds a successful business years down the line and the authorities pick up on it, they will go after him for the rest of the £659k (and they'll get it - both of those examples have happened).

Unless you've seen the full judgement act this is not what happened here, according to the article.

He was brought to court for the £2425 Rolex sale, and was supposed to have made £659k of profit out of it but they can't prove it or it's not stated in the article that they have proved it.

He can only be condemned on proven facts.
In this situation he even appears to have made a deal so no regular sentence is applied.

I'll try to find the original sentence to see what really happened.

Edit : Judgement has not been published yet, but according to further research, they found evidence of the huge profit, but they accepted the £28000 offer because it's all he have left for what they know.