Sign in to follow this  
trailboss99

UN CEO passes away.

trailboss99

One of the watch worlds truly good guys has left us. UN and his family have our deepest condolences.

219626_10150218872797806_58607267805_8540754_6005341_o.jpg

Le Locle, April 15th, 2011 – Rolf W. Schnyder, CEO of the Swiss watch manufacturer Ulysse Nardin, has unexpectedly passed away on 14th April 2011 after a short illness.

“With the passing of Rolf W. Schnyder, the watchmaking industry has lost one of its greatest visionaries, while Ulysse Nardin has lost an important source of innovation for the firm. We are profoundly moved and distraught at this sudden loss. Our full sympathies are with his wife and his three children, to whom we would like to express our sincere condolences,†said Susanne Hurni, press officer and head of media relations at Ulysse Nardin. Because a succession plan was already in place, the operational running of the business by the current members of management can be kept going without interruption, and continued in the spirit of Rolf W. Schnyder’s vision.

Rolf W. Schnyder had acquired the family firm Ulysse Nardin in 1983, and since that time held the role of president and CEO at the helm of the manufacturer with its wealth of tradition. Under his leadership, Ulysse Nardin rose once more to the top of the mechanical watchmaking sector, with numerous innovations such as the first astronomical wrist watches.

KeNnY

oh my, I received an Watch catalogue last week with his signature :wub:

seclark007

It is truly a sad day when someone so respectfully referred to as a "visionary" dies, as the vision they are known for usually is lost with them.

graman

Yes...very sad.....

gtwc

Very sorry to hear this.

I hope the manufacture continues its brilliant work.

UN have long been one of my favourite brands.

dingle

very sad day

Aren

Condolences to all of his loved ones. RIP

pollux1

Very sad news, RIP. :P

David543

Oh Damn. Love UN, he was a visionary for sure, responsible for some amazing technical innovations and superbly individual watches I admire. Owning a gen if of one of his watches was a dream of mine. Condolences to all who knew him.