Sign in to follow this  
diggs

SOH V2

diggs

Anyone know where I can find a good deal on one of these? New or used doesnt matter new or used

Legger
Anyone know where I can find a good deal on one of these? New or used doesnt matter new or used

I had one arrive yesterday from Mary. Absolutely stunning!

tsomers

Ordered mine from Mary a couple of days ago, cant wait for it.

Ska

These are so stunning mate you def want a new one if at all possible.

Mary still has them. She's just about the only dealer who can find them.

I got one 3 weeks ago. It's The most perfect rep I own.

sconehead

...in fact they're so good, I own 3 V2's...:P

diggs

Ho much is Mary selling them for? Are they in her listings?

Thanks gents

Legger

They're about $270 delivered an yes they are in her listings. Well worth the money.

barkingtoad
...in fact they're so good, I own 3 V2's...:)

Ye so good 1 of them is mine !!!

Get one they are the best you can buy !!!

Member X

I can only agree - they're not a cheap rep but the quality and accuracy is stunning B)

I actually don't wear mine very much, it's too good to risk around desks and door frames! :)

If you regret buying one of these, you need your head read ;) but you're sure to be able to sell it on at only a small loss!

barkingtoad
I can only agree - they're not a cheap rep but the quality and accuracy is stunning B)

I actually don't wear mine very much, it's too good to risk around desks and door frames! :)

If you regret buying one of these, you need your head read ;) but you're sure to be able to sell it on at only a small loss!

Ill buy your black one if you don't wear it !!!!

surfer2278
...in fact they're so good, I own 3 V2's...:)

Where does one acquire the mesh bracelet other than ebay? Going for $639.00 on there.

Thanks.

sconehead

I have a Steib on one (excellent quality aftermarket) and an Ebay cheapie on another...both look great.

I read somewhere that someone got a watchsmith to graft the rep rubber Breitling clasp onto a suitable mesh bracelet with good results...

If you must go for a gen bracelet, try a WTB on Breitlingsource, just don't mention reps though...:)

Ped

I have the very watch you're talking about Scone - only I've f cked the movement after having it fixed, if it was fixed at all, I set the date at 1239 midnight thinking it was 1230pm. B llocks

surfer2278
I have a Steib on one (excellent quality aftermarket) and an Ebay cheapie on another...both look great.

I read somewhere that someone got a watchsmith to graft the rep rubber Breitling clasp onto a suitable mesh bracelet with good results...

If you must go for a gen bracelet, try a WTB on Breitlingsource, just don't mention reps though...:)

Thanks for the info.

sconehead
I have the very watch you're talking about Scone - only I've f cked the movement after having it fixed, if it was fixed at all, I set the date at 1239 midnight thinking it was 1230pm. B llocks

That shouldn't damage it mate, it's not a chrono SOH is it? :)

The date change mechanism on the ETA 2824-2 (and almost all other 2xxx series ETA automatics) has a spring loaded pawl that engages the gear teeth on the date wheel to advance the date.

When the time is between 8 and 2, the pawl is in the path of the date wheel gear teeth, so quick setting the date will try and move the date wheel gear teeth through the space occupied by the spring loaded pawl. The pawl has enough tension to cause the date wheel to hang up about half-way through the change (due to the design of the quick change gear, it only advance the wheel halfway, the date retention detent is supposed to complete the quick-change), but since the pawl is spring loaded, neither the date wheel gears nor the pawl can be damaged.

Taken from TZ...

You will not damage the ETA 2824-2 movement by rotating the movement backwards through midnight. The "tooth" that advances the date wheel is spring-loaded so it will not damage anything. In fact with many older movements backing the hands through midnight to about eight is the reccommended way to quick set the date. The worst that can happen is the date backs-up as well.

And, with an ETA 2824-2 you will not permanently damage the movement by attempting to set the date between 8pm and 1am. The date wheel will just hang-up and refuse to move; to correct this, advance the watch hands through 1am and allow the date wheel to change, then the date can be set, followed by the time.

...The SOH uses a Seagull ST-21 IIRC...ask the dealers here if they can get you one if you can't get it to work...

Ped

Yeah it's a chrono :) Zig charges $200 a service, it's not worth my while sending it over to him with the shipping, knocking onto the price of a new watch

sconehead
Yeah it's a chrono :) Zig charges $200 a service, it's not worth my while sending it over to him with the shipping, knocking onto the price of a new watch

If it's a keeper...gen 7750 perhaps?

Ped

Will do some digging, any suggestions where off the top of your head?

Ped

Thank you Scone, very kind. I did search on ebay but nothing came up for me! Will contact them

Member X

Ill buy your black one if you don't wear it !!!!

lol

I will bear you in mind if I have a sudden bout of insanity ;):D

They are definitely on my 'too nice to sell' list, even though there are a load of new reps that I want! I need a second job to get some spare cash...