Sign in to follow this  
Djm

hello @ all, new here...

Djm

hi,

just wanted to introduce myself, my name is marc, i am from one of those so-called "difficult eu-countries".

even though i am new to this specific subject (watches), i am in general quite experienced with chinese counterfeit goods (especially electronics, but also apparel etc.)

however, as i was always interested in watches, this is simply the next step...

i hope to get some good advices, help and the right connections to be able to buy the best watches at reasonable prices without getting scammed.

i am quite experienced with private imports of a wide range of goods for my personal use, but as i think, it is way more dangerous to buy watches from directly from asia than any other goods.

those luxury good companies spend a lot more money in the persecution of right infringements than any other companies, so that even the buyer of a single watch will be treated like a major criminal, if determined by the customs.

so i didnt really try to buy watches from china, i also hadnt the slightest clue, where to buy outside from dhgate, madeinchina and so on.

customs is a big problem, so i was very pleased to find trusted dealers here, offering transshipping via UK, otherwise it wouldnt be possible to actually join the club.

why havent i found you before???

so, sorry in advance when i will ask stupid questions.

also sorry for probable misunderstandings, if something seems to be unpolite or whatever, this may be due to fact that my english is not as perfect as it should be.

thanks in advance for your help,

marc

jameo210369

I would seriously change that user name, I thought it said DIM.

Welcome to the forum Marc, plenty of watch nuts here. We have members all over the EU so some of the guys will be able to offer advice on customs for your country.

pollux1

Hiya Marc, you're gonna love it here mate! :)

Aren

Welcome Marc,

RWG is a great place and your English is fine.

All the best in your watch collecting and I hope you enjoy your time here.

Aren

:)

Del

Hello and welcome :)

trailboss99

Nothing wrong with your english mate and if you do get stuck we have members who speak most Euro languages.

I'm sure there will be folk here wanting to pick your brains over the electronic side as well. this has always looked a bigger minefield to me than watches. What type of electronics have you been buying?

Col.

Nisv

Hi Marc, welcome :)

Member X

Welcome!

Read as much as you can and you will learn quickly :)

Ask questions if you need to, we're here to help!

Ska

Welcome mate!!

Your English rocks, no need to worry at all.

Sounds like your experience could be invaluable. Look forward to hearing about it!

Luthier

So, what is your country, Marc?

And welcome to the Forum!!!

Djm

thanks you all for your cordial welcome.

i am from germany.

@ trailboss: almost everything, starting from simple cables, bulbs, chargers, batteries, sunglasses, shoes, flashlights, mp3 players, tools, knives, up to cellphones (a lot of cellphones!), cellphone accessories, laptops etc. etc. etc.....

for now i already ordered two watches from the member sales here (from UK), just to "have something immediately"...

i must admit that i fell in love with the blue submariner, newest model, 116619 i think, already before i found this forum.

looking around on those notorious b2b and b2c china platforms, i was offered nothing but trash. really, pictures in the listings looked great, but when i asked for detailed pictures of the actual item, it was obvious that those had nothing in common with the pictures (as it is usually with those chinese guys...)

also i didnt dare to order from there, because of the strict customs here. reg. airmail would have been an option, because most of those packes will not be checked because of the masses that arrive every day. express mail is much harder, as it is way more expensive and therefore quite likely, that the value of the entire package exceeds the exemption limit. so express mail will in most cases be held at the customs. problem then is, if they just calculate the taxes based on the declaration you (the recipient!) have to make, or if they physically check the parcel by opening it.

when they ask you to declare the content, you have to tell the truth. so you can write : wristwatch, mechanical, stainless steel. of course you cant write "fake rolex".

if you declare as whatever, electronics for exmaple and the open it - you got more than just the problem because of that rolex watch. better dont mess up with federal authorities.

but the "wristwatch" already makes this parcel suspect for them, because everybody knows that china is worlds no.1 producer of fake watches (oh, sorry, i think here we use the term "replicas" ;-))....

so no, buying watches from non-eu-countries is too dangerous.

i would gladly pay my import taxes, but they would not let me...

so here my first question: where to buy a good replica 116619? and what specific replica ist the best for... lets say 150-200$ incl. shipping from UK?

UK is essential!

dont know too much about the rules here, if i have to post this question elswhere, please let me know.

marc

Balad1

Hello Marc, It is good to have another German friend here on RWG.

Aloha from Hawaii

mike666

Welcome!!! :D

Firstly, you should stop complaining about your English. :) At least Deutsch like English uses articles whereas lost of languages (mine including) don't. Secondly, there is tons of posts here that will help you get up to speed with the rep game.

Regarding the transshipping via UK: you might want to have a look at RWG Trusted Dealers. I know that Lay (ReplicaMake), Robert (PWC) and the Cartel dealers (Josh and Andrew) offer the transhipping, then you have Precious Time (not a trusted dealer here anymore if I am not mistaken) operating from UK, same goes for Narikaa (UK) and Toro Bravo (Spain).

Good luck!!!

Edited by greg_r

Member X

Seriously, all you 'foreign' guys put us English mother-tongue speakers to shame - I can just about order an ice cream or a cup of tea in french but you would never guess half of you have english as a second language!!

I bow to you in respect :)

Fiddo

Hello Marc! :)

Welcome!

Baldrick

Welcome :)