aitcharGMT

2813 second hand stutter

aitcharGMT

Any common causes/fixes for seconds hand stuttering on and off on a watch? Seems like sometimes something doesn't let the second hand move and when it moves out catches on to the proper time. I doubt it's a one-hand rattrapante :lol::lol::lol:

I tried smacking it and same issue sometimes it stutters and sometimes works like it should. There's nothing obvious when opening the case and the hand doesn't seem loose (otherwise it would not catch up with time)

Cheers!

Wriggles

My understanding is its purely down to the weight of the seconds hand that is beyond what the movement is designed to drive, so you get some stutter. A plain simple seconds hand doesn;t seem to suffer whereas those such as the Omega 300m spectre edition with the lollipop seconds hand does have the issue. Whats the seconds hand on your watch with the issue like?

<Edit> Actually I was thinking of the Miyota 8215 series, that'll teach me for not reading the title properly. D'oh! :facepalm:

narikaa

Nope, what you need is a nice new sparkly one of these:

2016-09-07%2014.17.57.jpg?raw=1

aitcharGMT

Aaahh, thanks! Not sure I care enough about the watch too do this, but if there was one i did, you carry that our it has to be offrei, yuki, etc? 

6 hours ago, Wriggles said:

My understanding is its purely down to the weight of the seconds hand that is beyond what the movement is designed to drive, so you get some stutter. A plain simple seconds hand doesn;t seem to suffer whereas those such as the Omega 300m spectre edition with the lollipop seconds hand does have the issue. Whats the seconds hand on your watch with the issue like?

<Edit> Actually I was thinking of the Miyota 8215 series, that'll teach me for not reading the title properly. D'oh! :facepalm:

:D thanks nonetheless. I don't think it's the weight or the position. Likely the gear as was suggested by Narikaa

(This thing, well, i made a mess with the quotes... Sorry.)

6 hours ago, narikaa said:

Rx4Time

That link is for a miyota 8215.

Logixa

Yes @NCRich there is one like that for the 2813. I tried adjusting it but ended up being worse no matter what I did. It didn't work, there seems to be a goldy lock zone