Sirob

How do you pick your TDs? What is your strategy?

Sirob

Hi guys,

This is my 3rd post. Kinda new here. 

How do you pick your TDs? Do you email all of them and ask for a price for a certain watch that you're looking to buy? What is the difference between all the TDs if they all buy from the same factories?

How do you get the best price?

I appreciate your input.

fatarms

Being here over the years, I've used about 7 or 8 TD's between this board and RWI.   I first went with the TD based on their review sections and then form my own opinions as the transactions proceeded.  To be honest, I've never had a bad transaction with a TD in my entire time here, I consider myself lucky with the number of years I've been active and number of transactions I've had.

It all comes down to the QC and price for me.  My favorite TD's are Marvellous Replica, MaryWatch and WatchFinder.  All three have great prices and QC for the transactions I've had with them.  Again, never had a bad transaction, but those are my go to.  It's a lot of trial and finding the person whose communications and accommodations have made me feel best over the years.  Too many people look for the lowest price and if the QC isn't up to par and they have to have the watch serviced or sent back to China, you have to add those costs to the total cost of the watch.

Sirob
12 minutes ago, fatarms said:

Being here over the years, I've used about 7 or 8 TD's between this board and RWI.   I first went with the TD based on their review sections and then form my own opinions as the transactions proceeded.  To be honest, I've never had a bad transaction with a TD in my entire time here, I consider myself lucky with the number of years I've been active and number of transactions I've had.

It all comes down to the QC and price for me.  My favorite TD's are Marvellous Replica, MaryWatch and WatchFinder.  All three have great prices and QC for the transactions I've had with them.  Again, never had a bad transaction, but those are my go to.  It's a lot of trial and finding the person whose communications and accommodations have made me feel best over the years.  Too many people look for the lowest price and if the QC isn't up to par and they have to have the watch serviced or sent back to China, you have to add those costs to the total cost of the watch.

Thanks fatarms.

Khronos

I'd pick a TD with very thorough QC for my first purchase, no matter the price. Watchfinder would be my pick on this forum. He even sent me a video of the watch. I never tried Marywatch, but only because she doesn't offer triangle shipping, which is very important to me, being from a country with hyperactive customs officials. I read nothing but good reviews of her service. I'd stay away from wholesalers on RWI, like Watchstation. You might save a few $, but you're on your own in case something goes wrong.

black263