Sign in to follow this  
theflyingdutchman

Hublot Bullet Bang from asian7750.com

theflyingdutchman

Good day,

This is my 2nd review, and it is shorter then the first one, as there is no “in hand comparing possible†vs. an comparable other HBB that I have.

Here the overall short summary:

1. Is it a perfect/ultimate rep: no, but some small mods and it will get better/closer

2. I am happy with it: Yes....

3. Is it a worth the money: Yes

I have tried finding somebody else who has bought one of these. Until now I could not! Not any of the boards that I read on.

There are 2 versions out there:

1. At 21k version, as I bought with the column wheel worded face for 320USD

2. At 28k version, with the regular black face (no column wheel text) for 698 USD

- so 378 USD difference for a different movement and face = ?????....sorry NO!

As fare as I have read and asked, the only difference is the face and movement...but I am not sure on this!

The real Bullet Bang is made of cermet, an alloy of zirconium oxide ceramic and tungsten powder. This is the hardest man made material on earth. It can be coloured in any colour. From the real pics I have seen it is a brushedlooking-green-gray-gold-bronze. Please see the pics below or via this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vhmm4orZwNw

The watch I have, is a gold-greenish colour and a less rough = brushed surface. Surely not yellow gold, but also off colour vs. the real thing! But who has ever seen the real thing? Anybody? If so.... LUCKY YOU!

Real:

realBullet1e.jpg

Rep:

J.jpg

Here some pics of various golds I have to compare against:

RG FM vs. Bullet Bang:

rgvsBullet.jpg

Bullet Bang vs. YG Daytona:

YGvsBullet.jpg

- smooth rubber strap: Great vanilla smell. And great logo embedment, although I think the font is a bit off vs. real deal. Nice and soft!

- The Deployant Folding Buckle: Fine, no sharpness anywhere.

E.jpg

- plating quality: No shadows or marks: no issues.

- Dial incl. arms: only the date font seams a bit off

- bezel/case/case back: just the colour issues again and the case back should be steal...easy fix. Also the case should be less polished. The codes and the graving/wording is off.

- AR/Crystal: Single like the real thing

- The movement: so it close in some parts and way off in others! The reliability until now is okay = 5 secs in 3 days.

- Rotor sound: Classic loudness.

G.jpg

- H-screws: well these I really love....satin-black...these would be great for my HBB TEMPUS.....maybe I should buy some.....but some how 12x8 USD just for screws...no!

- Lume: none

- Arms; seam off colour

Various dealer have told me that there was only one batch made. And there will not be a V2...maybe, not that I really believe them... but who knows!

Thanks for reading!

Cheers!

Theflyingdutchman

P.S. Dealing with ASIAN7750.COM: Basically the same service as I have received from the current big 2 dealers.

A.jpg

B.jpg

C.jpg

Regards from the HUBLOTs:

littleHublotfamilyof4.jpg

Edited by theflyingdutchman

oscarmadfish

oscar loves it

my only concern is with the hublot straps THEY BITE well my fooker does

jameo210369

Wow Dutchman you have a great collection of Hublots, the Bullet Bang / Big Bang is a a stunning rep I think the original has a case made of cermet.

Great pics, love the final family shot; thanks for sharing.

A true Hublot fan

AllergyDoc

Nice Dutch!

I wore my BBK yesterday for the first time in weeks. I was thinking about selling it but decided to keep it as my only Hublot.

I agree with Oscar, the buckle is uncomfortable if worn too tight. I saw where one guy used a grinder to make his more comfy.

theflyingdutchman
Wow Dutchman you have a great collection of Hublots, the Bullet Bang / Big Bang is a a stunning rep I think the original has a case made of cermet.

Great pics, love the final family shot; thanks for sharing.

A true Hublot fan

Yes..the real-deal is made of cermet..just like I wrote!

theflyingdutchman
Nice Dutch!

I wore my BBK yesterday for the first time in weeks. I was thinking about selling it but decided to keep it as my only Hublot.

I agree with Oscar, the buckle is uncomfortable if worn too tight. I saw where one guy used a grinder to make his more comfy.

Hi! Sell your BBK to me if its RG! Strange..SERIOUSLY! (or any body else!) I never had issues with the buckle....surely as I wear mywatches very loose....

AllergyDoc

Yes, if it's worn loose it's okay. But on the BBK, if I wear it loose, the rotor is very loud.

jameo210369

Sorry Dutch, looks like I missed that. :D

bene3

That Bullet Bang looks very nice. I really like the gold numbers on the dial.